Problems Launching....help!!!!!

Post bug reports here.

Moderator: Tankerace

Post Reply
andyinkuwait
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:57 pm

Problems Launching....help!!!!!

Post by andyinkuwait »

Works fine on pc.

Installed on laptop, freezes after "organising your files, sir" then Matrix game logos, then freeze. My spec is fine, I know this because WitP runs perfectly well.
I am trying to run 2.41 but I did try 2.50 with same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling same problem. I have Directx 9.0c on both laptop and pc.
Only way I can get out of freeze is cntrl-alt-del and close the non responding UV exe file.

Ran the installation file from a mem stick via USB port...couldn't be this could it?

I'm running latest XP if it helps...

What else can I try keeping in mind WitP works fine from the menu..??

I also note that I cannot access the pdf manual from the game menu as I can on my pc. I CAN access the game manual by going through start> programs > UV > game manual.

Everytime I use cntl-alt-del the UV exe file is not responding.

It appears it is a video problem so I disabled opening videos. Does anyone know why this should happen with UV but not with WitP??????? It is quite irritating....
User avatar
bigred
Posts: 4073
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 am

RE: Problems Launching....help!!!!!

Post by bigred »

Reload the game 2.5 direct from Matrix onto your laptop.
---bigred---

IJ Production mistakes--
tm.asp?m=2597400
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”