OT windows sound

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Post Reply
TheOriginalOverlord
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: The Marines

OT windows sound

Post by TheOriginalOverlord »

Well I'm stumped, I picked up an Altec subwoofer/speakers package. Tried them at my parents house they sounded fine, got home and tried to adjust them using advanced properties under volumn control. Unfortunately the treble and bass sliders are greyed out and won't let me adjust them (they are both all the way to the left). Any ideas? This is a Compaq P2-350 with WIN 98.

Thanks for any help.



------------------
Semper Fi!

Overlord
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Image
Wild Bill
Posts: 6428
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Smyrna, Ga, 30080

Post by Wild Bill »

I seem to remember some advanced buttons in the sound program with Win98. Have you tried those?

And do you have a sound program on your computer that came with the sound card? Have you tried accessing that program and making changes. Just some suggestions from a pure neophyte.

Wild Bill


------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Image
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Latka
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Honolulu, HI, USA
Contact:

Post by Latka »

Make sure you've got all the drivers you need for your sound card. Often times if you don't, it won't give you all the audio adjustments.

-Andy
Schrullenhaft
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Provo, UT , USA

Post by Schrullenhaft »

The slider adjustments are available depending on your sound driver's ability to support them. If you give further specifics on your Compaq model and the sound chip in it (which you may find in the Device Manager listing for Sound, video and game controllers). We may be able to point you to some drivers that will better support the sound.
TheOriginalOverlord
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2000 8:00 am
Location: The Marines

Post by TheOriginalOverlord »

Ok, it's a ESS SOLO-1 PCI Multimedia soundcard. I D/L'ed the latest driver last night, still same thing. Sliders are there but greyed out and sound quality is not good (the sliders are at their lowest setting) Arty sounds ok but I can't hear the ricochet or rifle shots.

It's funny but if I use Winamp to play an MP3 I can use the EQ to make it sound right, but if I just use Media Player then it's the same old "bassy" effect.

Thanks for the help.
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”