Dumb Q: PT Boats

Uncommon Valor: Campaign for the South Pacific covers the campaigns for New Guinea, New Britain, New Ireland and the Solomon chain.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Tankerace, siRkid

Post Reply
Capt Napalm
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:27 am

Dumb Q: PT Boats

Post by Capt Napalm »

How the heck do you build these things. The manual says send a transport to where you want them and have it construct PT's. I have yet to be able to do that. I don't even get the option on the transport screen to make them. Am I missing something? Like in real life I figure they could come in very handy after capturing Tulagi and Lango.

I little hemp would be appreciated.
Supervisor
Posts: 5160
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:00 am

Re: Dumb Q: PT Boats

Post by Supervisor »

Originally posted by Capt Napalm
How the heck do you build these things. The manual says send a transport to where you want them and have it construct PT's. I have yet to be able to do that. I don't even get the option on the transport screen to make them. Am I missing something? Like in real life I figure they could come in very handy after capturing Tulagi and Lango.

I little hemp would be appreciated.
The transport needs to load supplies at Noumea. Then wherever you want to create the PTs, if you look on the TF screen (towards the lower right) you should see a button to create the PTs. Press the button and exit (if there are no other TFs in the hex) or just click on Next TF, and the PT TF will show up.

If there are still PTs available, and the transport still has supplies, then repeat the process.
User avatar
pasternakski
Posts: 5567
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:42 pm

Post by pasternakski »

One other thing - check your "ship availability" screen to see if you have any PTs (or barges, for that matter) to create at all. PTs show up only in limited numbers starting September 1, and Allied barges are available only sometime after January 1, 1943.
Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.
User avatar
patrickl
Posts: 1530
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:57 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by patrickl »

I would like to add that you would only get PT boats and barges as US only sometime in late 1942 and certainly in 1943. As stated in other threads, PT boats and SC etc are excellent for surface action against Japanese bombardment Task Forces as they will delay the Japanese Task Forces returing to their bases before the turn is over ; therefore enabling your LBA or Carrier based aircraft to finish them off or at least severely damage and slow them down such that they can be finished off over 2-3 days.:D
Image
Banner designed by rogueusmc
User avatar
Capt Cliff
Posts: 1714
Joined: Wed May 22, 2002 4:48 pm
Location: Northwest, USA

Post by Capt Cliff »

Another thing, they are automatically set to return to Noumea!!!! So after you create them you MUST give them a destination and home base or they will take off to Noumea on you!
Capt. Cliff
Post Reply

Return to “Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific”