Experienced Japanese opponent wanted

Post here to meet players for PBEM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
erstad
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:40 pm
Location: Midwest USA

Experienced Japanese opponent wanted

Post by erstad »

OPPONENT FOUND, CLOSED

Scen 1

I've got a certain amount of Witp under my belt, and in 8/42 in an AE PBEM (see Aztez' AAR). Most of my experience as Japan. Looking for a second game where I play Allied (one gets tired of playing "resource hauler in the Pacific" sometimes.

Want a game that will go to the end or until the game falls apart for some reason (e.g., the pilot cap bug in Witp-Classic) or until the Japanese empire is only a smoking hulk [:D], so regrettably I'll only take someone I recognize who's been around the forum for a while; or someone who can provide a PBEM reference I recognize. I mean, if we agree it doesn't make sense to continue and we decide to end early, that's fine. We're adults. I just don't want someone who will cut and run when they lose 4 CVs or after 12/42 or whatever.

Settings
2-day turns (or 3) a must
Prefer PDU on
Others negotiable

House rules (open to negotiation, these are starting points)
No Japanese shock attacks in China
Pay PPs for units moved from restricted commands into other areas(Mainly manchuria & china but applies to allied ground units on restricted commands as well). Thai units stay in Thailand.
No strat bombing of chinese industry by either side. I won't bomb manchuria from china either.
I'll play nice by keeping garrisons in DEI and burma resource/oil hexes (as long as they start with a garrison)
First turn could be historical, else propose a reasonable/balanced set of restrictions on each side
Not sure if China will fall apart under patch 2, but if it does the vast majority of IJA forces that start in china stay in china/manchuria.

General guideline is that we want a game which is fun and challenging for both sides. If one of us is disturbed by something as we go along (e.g., a new exploit or unbalanced item is noted) we discuss in good faith any potential new HRs.

Generally looking for a turn a day. I'm GMT-6:00 (US central time zone). Some days might not get a turn out, but most days will; if we can get multiple turns in on the weekends, that's a bonus when it happens.
erstad
Posts: 1962
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:40 pm
Location: Midwest USA

RE: Experienced Japanese opponent wanted

Post by erstad »

Bump!

Where are all those experienced players who are convinced Japan can't lose?
Caliban
Posts: 94
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:36 am

RE: Experienced Japanese opponent wanted

Post by Caliban »

Erstad,

I'm waiting for the fix of the Japanese resources issue. I would then be more than happy to consider taking you on.

Caliban
User avatar
Feltan
Posts: 1173
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:47 am
Location: Kansas

RE: Experienced Japanese opponent wanted

Post by Feltan »

So sorry.

Dance card full.

Regards,
Feltan
Post Reply

Return to “Opponents Wanted”