AI skipping Air AM phase?
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
AI skipping Air AM phase?
Noticed this 3 or 4 times now since patch 2, and 2 out of 3 turns tonight.
When going through the phases it just seems to skip the AM phase for the air turn, no info about not able to launch due to weather, no sighting reports .. nothing. It just starts right into the next phase.
I started using the start-up switch for -SingleCpuOrders with patch 2 so it may have something to do with that?
When going through the phases it just seems to skip the AM phase for the air turn, no info about not able to launch due to weather, no sighting reports .. nothing. It just starts right into the next phase.
I started using the start-up switch for -SingleCpuOrders with patch 2 so it may have something to do with that?
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Check the envent log and see if the AM Phase shows there.
If it does, then it ran.
If it does, then it ran.
Michael
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
I did notice this too. Didn't check combat reports, but for at least 2 days in a row I saw this. A very, very short AM air phase - no spotting, nothing.
Seems to have gone back to normal now.
Seems to have gone back to normal now.
Ubique
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Aye, thats the first thing I did was check the log. It lists nothing, the first entry for air anything is afternoon.
Today Im going to try and find a turn where it is repeatable (ie happens evey time I load the save) and then turn off the -SingleCpuOrders thing and see if it has any affect.
Not sure if it is even repeatable or if it is random, but will post a save if I can track it down.
M
Today Im going to try and find a turn where it is repeatable (ie happens evey time I load the save) and then turn off the -SingleCpuOrders thing and see if it has any affect.
Not sure if it is even repeatable or if it is random, but will post a save if I can track it down.
M
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Ok here ya go, ran this save 3 times and it skipped the AM air phase each time.
See what it does for you.
Im going to test it without my command line options to see if that makes a difference.
(\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -cpu1 -SingleCpuOrders –multiaudio)
See what it does for you.
Im going to test it without my command line options to see if that makes a difference.
(\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -deepColor -cpu1 -SingleCpuOrders –multiaudio)
- Attachments
-
- wpae053.zip
- (2.36 MiB) Downloaded 22 times
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Just ran the turn with no command line switches, still skipped the AM air phase.
M
M
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
In me there is no AM Air Phase too.
Receive the message: "AM Air Phase", then message "Aircraft landings", and starts PM Phase.
COMBAT EVENTS FOR 03/30/42
Combat Events:
NAVAL REACTION PHASE
Task Force 96 encounters enemy Task Force at 95 , 135
Surface Combat TF 96 withdrawing to Rabaul after combat
LOADING/UNLOADING TASK FORCES
Amphibious TF 12 unloading at Ruteng
TASK FORCE LOADING/UNLOADING COMPLETE
CALCULATING TASK FORCE PATHS
MINESWEEPING OPERATIONS
NAVAL MOVEMENT PHASE
Task Force 96 encounters enemy Task Force at 96 , 136
Surface Combat TF 96 withdrawing to Rabaul after combat
ADJUST SHIP FUEL
NIGHT AIR OPERATIONS PHASE
AIRCRAFT LANDING
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
SURFACE COMBAT CHECK
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
xAK Kotoku Maru sinks....
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
REPAIRING SHIPS
END 12 HOUR PULSE
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
CHECKING TF FUEL
TF'S RETURN TO PORT
Combat Events:
NAVAL REACTION PHASE
LOADING/UNLOADING TASK FORCES
TASK FORCE LOADING/UNLOADING COMPLETE
CALCULATING TASK FORCE PATHS
MINESWEEPING OPERATIONS
NAVAL MOVEMENT PHASE
ADJUST SHIP FUEL
AIR OPERATIONS PHASE : AM
AIRCRAFT LANDING
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
AIR OPERATIONS PHASE : PM
G4M1 Betty sighting report: Allied SS at 52,83 near Djemadja , Speed 12 , Moving Northwest
(...)
I have already about 4 rounds, mayby after instalin patch II Hot Fix ?!
Receive the message: "AM Air Phase", then message "Aircraft landings", and starts PM Phase.
COMBAT EVENTS FOR 03/30/42
Combat Events:
NAVAL REACTION PHASE
Task Force 96 encounters enemy Task Force at 95 , 135
Surface Combat TF 96 withdrawing to Rabaul after combat
LOADING/UNLOADING TASK FORCES
Amphibious TF 12 unloading at Ruteng
TASK FORCE LOADING/UNLOADING COMPLETE
CALCULATING TASK FORCE PATHS
MINESWEEPING OPERATIONS
NAVAL MOVEMENT PHASE
Task Force 96 encounters enemy Task Force at 96 , 136
Surface Combat TF 96 withdrawing to Rabaul after combat
ADJUST SHIP FUEL
NIGHT AIR OPERATIONS PHASE
AIRCRAFT LANDING
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
SURFACE COMBAT CHECK
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
xAK Kotoku Maru sinks....
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
REPAIRING SHIPS
END 12 HOUR PULSE
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
CHECKING TF FUEL
TF'S RETURN TO PORT
Combat Events:
NAVAL REACTION PHASE
LOADING/UNLOADING TASK FORCES
TASK FORCE LOADING/UNLOADING COMPLETE
CALCULATING TASK FORCE PATHS
MINESWEEPING OPERATIONS
NAVAL MOVEMENT PHASE
ADJUST SHIP FUEL
AIR OPERATIONS PHASE : AM
AIRCRAFT LANDING
SHIP CREWS PERFORM DAMAGE CONTROL
DIVIDE CRIPPLED TFs
AIR OPERATIONS PHASE : PM
G4M1 Betty sighting report: Allied SS at 52,83 near Djemadja , Speed 12 , Moving Northwest
(...)
I have already about 4 rounds, mayby after instalin patch II Hot Fix ?!
Sorry for my English. It is not the best.
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
The AM ran, but the AI didn't have any valid flights to perform.
I'll have a closer look as to why it didn't think it needed to fly any missions.
I'll have a closer look as to why it didn't think it needed to fly any missions.
Michael
- michaelm75au
- Posts: 12467
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Melbourne, Australia
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Strange. Sometimes the group plane totals are zero before the AM phase
I 'll force the totals to be recalculated prior to running the air phase.
I 'll force the totals to be recalculated prior to running the air phase.
Michael
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Any idea of a workaround for this? Probably no hotfix before the holidays huh?
4 out of my last 6 turns have skipped the AM phase, seems to be getting worse [:(]
4 out of my last 6 turns have skipped the AM phase, seems to be getting worse [:(]
- Admiral Scott
- Posts: 707
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Syracuse, NY USA
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
I hope Santa gives us another hotfix for Chistmas!
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Is this a purely AI issue or is it affecting PBEM games as well?
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
ORIGINAL: cantona2
Is this a purely AI issue or is it affecting PBEM games as well?
what he said.
Going to hold up patching just in case.

RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Achk! AI turn is broken?
Just patched using the Hotfix.
Good thing I lost interest in playing agains AI these days.
Just patched using the Hotfix.
Good thing I lost interest in playing agains AI these days.
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
I can confirm. Just downloaded the hotfix and I see it skipping the AM air phase most of the time. Bummer.
Ils ne passeront pas
- Admiral Scott
- Posts: 707
- Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Syracuse, NY USA
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
I'm bummed also.
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Is this happening in AI games only? Not PBEM or Head to Head?
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Is it just the land based air as the KB just did a AM and PM strikes with effect [:D]
RE: AI skipping Air AM phase?
Its all aircraft, it just that it doesnt happen every turn, and for me it seemed to get really noticable once I hit 42. Im at march 42 and it happens about every other turn now, sometimes 2 in a row.





