How to increase my HI pool
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
How to increase my HI pool
For several weeks now my HI level has been dangerously low, I have shut down production of anything I dont need and it still will not rise.
I have shipped plenty of resources to the home Islands but have struggled with oil, due to having limited lift capacity to get it from the SRA.......is that the problem? Any advice welcome.
I have shipped plenty of resources to the home Islands but have struggled with oil, due to having limited lift capacity to get it from the SRA.......is that the problem? Any advice welcome.
-
findmeifyoucan
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Wow, you are using that much HI? What did you build? Either that or you are producing a hell of a lot of stuff?If you used that much and have lots of supply in Japan and Korea why not try building more HI?
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Miller,ORIGINAL: Miller
For several weeks now my HI level has been dangerously low, I have shut down production of anything I dont need and it still will not rise.
I have shipped plenty of resources to the home Islands but have struggled with oil, due to having limited lift capacity to get it from the SRA.......is that the problem? Any advice welcome.
What HI centers (e.g., Hong Kong) have you captured? Have you repaired these HI or do you know their repair status? Have you expanded any of your home island's HI since the start of the war?

- offenseman
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 pm
- Location: Sheridan Wyoming, USA
RE: How to increase my HI pool
How far into the game are you? and a silly question. How is your resource stockpile in the home islands? If you have a resource shortfall, you will run out and the HI will not produce anything. This can happen real fast.
Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.
RE: How to increase my HI pool
He mentions he is short of oil, implying short of fuel, due to lift capacity. If that is the case, your opponent did a good job of eliminating your TK fleet which is sound strategy.
Oil, not resources, is the key driver for JAP economy. You have to secure oil production, protect your TK fleet, and then get the oil/fuel back to the Home Islands to keep your economy running. Resources are needed, but relatively speaking, are easier to secure.
As a side bar, you can frequently capture large quantities of fuel and supply at some allied bases. Particularly early in the game if you can overrun some areas.
Oil, not resources, is the key driver for JAP economy. You have to secure oil production, protect your TK fleet, and then get the oil/fuel back to the Home Islands to keep your economy running. Resources are needed, but relatively speaking, are easier to secure.
As a side bar, you can frequently capture large quantities of fuel and supply at some allied bases. Particularly early in the game if you can overrun some areas.
Pax
- offenseman
- Posts: 768
- Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 pm
- Location: Sheridan Wyoming, USA
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Oil is important but you start the game with over 300 days of fuel which is what (with resources) creates HI and a lot of oil to make more fuel. You only start with a small amount of resources, its been awhile since I've looked but it is 25-30 days IIRC. If he has not moved sufficient resources from around the Home Islands he could stop producing HI as early as Jan/42 no matter how much fuel/oil he has on hand. That was my only point.
Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Thanks for the replies. Its Feb 43 in the game, I have not touched any HI centres and am shipping back huge qty's of resources. I think the problem is down to lack of Oil/Fuel, I have only lost half a dozen tankers but I still dont have nearly enough to get it home in big enough qty's.....I currently have 999999 fuel sitting at Palembang.
I know some AKs can carry a limited amount but this % is tiny compared to a TK or AO. It looks like I'm going to have a ration my fleets operations from now on, much like in real life........
Edit: I have done some expansion of a/c and engine factories, but nothing drastic....and I have not touched any shipyards/refineries/vehicle/armament factories. Would having most ground units set to accept replacements have an impact?
I know some AKs can carry a limited amount but this % is tiny compared to a TK or AO. It looks like I'm going to have a ration my fleets operations from now on, much like in real life........
Edit: I have done some expansion of a/c and engine factories, but nothing drastic....and I have not touched any shipyards/refineries/vehicle/armament factories. Would having most ground units set to accept replacements have an impact?
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Give us some numbers please Miller.
I'd need the main industry summary + a summary of Oil/Res/Fuel in Japan(at least). (tracker or staff) can provide this.
There are enough J'economists here to fix any problem. But if you want detailed help PM me for my EMAIL and I'll look at the savefile under Tracker.
I'd need the main industry summary + a summary of Oil/Res/Fuel in Japan(at least). (tracker or staff) can provide this.
There are enough J'economists here to fix any problem. But if you want detailed help PM me for my EMAIL and I'll look at the savefile under Tracker.
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Although it's less efficient, your xAKs and xAKLs should be able to maintain transfer of FUEL into the HIs for some time.ORIGINAL: Miller
Thanks for the replies. Its Feb 43 in the game, I have not touched any HI centres and am shipping back huge qty's of resources. I think the problem is down to lack of Oil/Fuel, I have only lost half a dozen tankers but I still dont have nearly enough to get it home in big enough qty's.....I currently have 999999 fuel sitting at Palembang.
I know some AKs can carry a limited amount but this % is tiny compared to a TK or AO. It looks like I'm going to have a ration my fleets operations from now on, much like in real life........
Edit: I have done some expansion of a/c and engine factories, but nothing drastic....and I have not touched any shipyards/refineries/vehicle/armament factories. Would having most ground units set to accept replacements have an impact?
Reserve your TKs and AOs to ensure sufficient OIL makes it back-let the AKs take up the slack with fuel shipments, as they cannot move OIL and you, presumably, have a lot more AKs than AO/TK types.

RE: How to increase my HI pool
Yes, use big, fast xAKs to move fuel around.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
-
findmeifyoucan
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:11 pm
RE: How to increase my HI pool
An interesting idea. I never actually thought of using my xAK's for moving fuel since they are so in-efficient. However, I would much rather loose an xAK that was transporting fuel to a much needed base than a TK or AO!
RE: How to increase my HI pool
I wasn't able to find the cross loading factor with a quick search, but I don't think it is that bad. Even half capacity is quite helpful for fuel transport.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
RE: How to increase my HI pool
I must give my thanks to Damian, who graciously looked at my situation in great detail after I sent him a save file and came up with a huge list of tips and fixes to get me back on track. Now to implement them.......
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: How to increase my HI pool
Miller,
For those of us that learn much from these sorts of threads, is there anything you'd be able to share with us to improve our own understanding of how to maintain HI for the IJ?
For those of us that learn much from these sorts of threads, is there anything you'd be able to share with us to improve our own understanding of how to maintain HI for the IJ?

RE: How to increase my HI pool
Miller,
The Std-C xAK can be converted to TKs in June 42 if you haven't already done so. I think there are 17 of them.
Tak
The Std-C xAK can be converted to TKs in June 42 if you haven't already done so. I think there are 17 of them.
Tak
RE: How to increase my HI pool
How can you upgrade/expand HI centres in Japan and how many supplies/resources does it take? I am thinking of having loads of small/medium factories around rather than a few big ones. Also can you build any new HI centres from scratch in the game or upgrade LI to HI?
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16753
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: How to increase my HI pool
ORIGINAL: xj900uk
How can you upgrade/expand HI centres in Japan and how many supplies/resources does it take? I am thinking of having loads of small/medium factories around rather than a few big ones.
To upgrade an HI factory, it takes 10 HI, 10 manpower and 100 supply per HI center, and then 1000 supply per center to repair them.
ORIGINAL: xj900uk
Also can you build any new HI centres from scratch in the game or upgrade LI to HI?
No to both.
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: How to increase my HI pool
OK, thanks for letting me know
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: How to increase my HI pool
No (as per Mike's response) BUT you do capture some sizeable HI / LI centers during the IJ rampage through China, the Phillipines and the DEI.ORIGINAL: xj900uk
Also can you build any new HI centres from scratch in the game or upgrade LI to HI?

RE: How to increase my HI pool
ORIGINAL: Miller
I must give my thanks to Damian, who graciously looked at my situation in great detail after I sent him a save file and came up with a huge list of tips and fixes to get me back on track. Now to implement them.......
can u post them up here?
My favorite chinese restaurant in Manhattan -
http://www.mrchow.com
The best computer support firm in NYC:
http://www.thelcogroup.com
Coolest internet toolbar:
http://www.stumbleupon.com
http://www.mrchow.com
The best computer support firm in NYC:
http://www.thelcogroup.com
Coolest internet toolbar:
http://www.stumbleupon.com






