Have u guys played CM:BB?
Moderator: MOD_SPWaW
Have u guys played CM:BB?
Did anyone played the new Combat Mission 2 B2B? It is praised to
be the MOST REALISTIC WW2 SIMULATION!!! But is that true? Could anyone give an account of this? I have tried the demo, when compared to SPWAW, it has better visual effect, much engaging, more commands for individuals, and the AI seems to be smarter. But I still love SPWAW because of the widely covered battlefield.(CMBB just set in Eastfront), and the real big scale of the battle...Still, I can't wait to play CMBB.
Still, SPWAW is the best!
be the MOST REALISTIC WW2 SIMULATION!!! But is that true? Could anyone give an account of this? I have tried the demo, when compared to SPWAW, it has better visual effect, much engaging, more commands for individuals, and the AI seems to be smarter. But I still love SPWAW because of the widely covered battlefield.(CMBB just set in Eastfront), and the real big scale of the battle...Still, I can't wait to play CMBB.
Still, SPWAW is the best!
I don't like the Combat Missions games...
Personally I think that the 'Missions' are just too small in scope... It's like, what's the point in playing a Combat Missions mission? Might as well play Medal of Honor: ALlied Assault or Return to Castle Wolfenstein if you want small-unit action.
Personally I think that the 'Missions' are just too small in scope... It's like, what's the point in playing a Combat Missions mission? Might as well play Medal of Honor: ALlied Assault or Return to Castle Wolfenstein if you want small-unit action.

Decoy, Invite, Entrap, Destroy.
I agree. I tried Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and totally exhausted it's possibilities within a week. (But I did have fun with the first-person shooter aspect.)Originally posted by Vetkin
I don't like the Combat Missions games...
Personally I think that the 'Missions' are just too small in scope... It's like, what's the point in playing a Combat Missions mission? Might as well play Medal of Honor: ALlied Assault or Return to Castle Wolfenstein if you want small-unit action.
Retreat is NOT an option.


-
Frank W.
- Posts: 1040
- Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:00 am
- Location: Siegen + Essen / W. Germany
- Contact:
Re: Have u guys played CM:BB?
hello
i played the demo.
mmhh...don´t know why, but i have some kind
of problem with that game
and i don´t think that CM2 is much improved over 1.
perhaps that game system needs more time before you
get into it.
i would not compare it to MOHAA, what is a FPS with quite
cool graphics and some tactical elements build in....
i played the demo.
mmhh...don´t know why, but i have some kind
of problem with that game
and i don´t think that CM2 is much improved over 1.
perhaps that game system needs more time before you
get into it.
i would not compare it to MOHAA, what is a FPS with quite
cool graphics and some tactical elements build in....
- RockinHarry
- Posts: 2344
- Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
-
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
I have Combat Mission's demos on the hard drive for those times I am out their in file sharing land (always willing to give free demos new avenues), but CM is just not the sort of scale of game I like in my case.
I tried to play CMBB, and found my system would not run it.
So any that don't have a kickin video situation happening, might find they ain't about to appraise it any time soon.
I was able to play an earlier CM, but they must have taken the game even further.
I tried to play CMBB, and found my system would not run it.
So any that don't have a kickin video situation happening, might find they ain't about to appraise it any time soon.
I was able to play an earlier CM, but they must have taken the game even further.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
- Paul Vebber
- Posts: 5342
- Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2000 4:00 pm
- Location: Portsmouth RI
- Contact:
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Yes.
Its great
I dont care if this is matrix's forum or not.
Buy the game its excellent.
Comparing SpWaW and CM is something I wouldnt do but....
If I could only have one Id take CM simply for the fact that its "newer".
Now I just gota come up with the 40 bucks to order it...
I only buy one game a month and for october it was Unreal Tourny 2003.....and for November it will be Grand Theft Auto 4.......maybe December....
But I already have a month reserved for CL
Its great
I dont care if this is matrix's forum or not.
Buy the game its excellent.
Comparing SpWaW and CM is something I wouldnt do but....
If I could only have one Id take CM simply for the fact that its "newer".
Now I just gota come up with the 40 bucks to order it...
I only buy one game a month and for october it was Unreal Tourny 2003.....and for November it will be Grand Theft Auto 4.......maybe December....
But I already have a month reserved for CL
-
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
I play both SPWaW and CM. I'll definitely buy CM:BB too when it hits the stores here. I like the SPWaW because of it's diversity and scale...and CM because of it's excellent AI and playability. But..it's like comparing apples and oranges
.
Cheers,
M.S.
Cheers,
M.S.
"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-


-
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Serving two masters eh........
Sounds like you are a lose wargamer, a guy that sleeps around heheh
LOL
and CM because of it's excellent AI
I wouldnt give its AI high marks....
A comotose chimp could whip the AI.
The AI in SpWaW isnt too bad simply for the fact that it has a simple job.
See Hex...Get hex/defend hex
Re: Have u guys played CM:BB?
I gave the demo a try, and had serious doubts when in the tutorial German 37mm at guns were knocking out t34's from the front. Then I tried one of the other scenarios and PzIII's were knocking out KV1S's. I gave up on it then. If it allows that sort of result then the basic armor combat model must be flawed.Originally posted by Saviola
Did anyone played the new Combat Mission 2 B2B? It is praised to
be the MOST REALISTIC WW2 SIMULATION!!! But is that true? Could anyone give an account of this? I have tried the demo, when compared to SPWAW, it has better visual effect, much engaging, more commands for individuals, and the AI seems to be smarter. But I still love SPWAW because of the widely covered battlefield.(CMBB just set in Eastfront), and the real big scale of the battle...Still, I can't wait to play CMBB.
Still, SPWAW is the best!
Not to mention that the maps are positively claustrophobic. I translated the tutorial to a SPWAW scenario and it takes place in about 7x8 hexes. No real manuevering, just move up and blast away.
thanks, John.
- DoubleDeuce
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Crossville, TN
- Contact:
Although I will probably buy CMBB by Christmas I think SPWAW has sevaral advantages and it will always have a place on my HD. IMHO the most important are;
1. The large number of areas involved (Europe North Africa and the Pacific, etc) as oppoesed to CMBB East Front.
2. Detail of unit make up and size of battlefield.
And this is the biggest since I am into team type multiplayer games where I have to edit maps create the areas fighting erupts, editing units maps, etc,
3. Ectizens' Map Thing, Fred Chandla's Map Editor. In essense all the add'ons that allow each of us to build without much limitation.
4. All the things that are part of SPWAW I didn't mention in 1-3.
1. The large number of areas involved (Europe North Africa and the Pacific, etc) as oppoesed to CMBB East Front.
2. Detail of unit make up and size of battlefield.
And this is the biggest since I am into team type multiplayer games where I have to edit maps create the areas fighting erupts, editing units maps, etc,
3. Ectizens' Map Thing, Fred Chandla's Map Editor. In essense all the add'ons that allow each of us to build without much limitation.
4. All the things that are part of SPWAW I didn't mention in 1-3.
- RockinHarry
- Posts: 2344
- Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2001 10:00 am
- Location: Germany
- Contact:
I wouldn´t go and compare SPWAW with the Combat Mission games, they´re too different! None of each would make me stop playing the other game!;)
I just bought CMBB yesterday and was surprised in several ways: First..it runs fairly smooth on my below minimum hardware requirements home PC (P2-300 with 128MB Ram and 16MB Voodoo 3 2000 graphics and DX8) and second,...graphics aren´t that much improved compared to CMBO as I had expected!
But I think at last it´s what lets the game run on my machine! Apparently many basic graphics (Gras fe. ) were left to low res and this way open for modding like in CMBO! Also there´re many options to configure graphic details so it shouldn´t be too difficult to find satisfactory game speed!
I´ve not yet found time to go through much of the game, but I honestly can say I like it!;) ..it probably will draw more time from my SPWAW and Panzer Elite projects away than I wish..:rolleyes:
As it seems when Combat Leader is finally released, I need to abandon sleep and private life completely!

________
Harry
I just bought CMBB yesterday and was surprised in several ways: First..it runs fairly smooth on my below minimum hardware requirements home PC (P2-300 with 128MB Ram and 16MB Voodoo 3 2000 graphics and DX8) and second,...graphics aren´t that much improved compared to CMBO as I had expected!
But I think at last it´s what lets the game run on my machine! Apparently many basic graphics (Gras fe. ) were left to low res and this way open for modding like in CMBO! Also there´re many options to configure graphic details so it shouldn´t be too difficult to find satisfactory game speed!
I´ve not yet found time to go through much of the game, but I honestly can say I like it!;) ..it probably will draw more time from my SPWAW and Panzer Elite projects away than I wish..:rolleyes:
As it seems when Combat Leader is finally released, I need to abandon sleep and private life completely!
________
Harry
- Fallschirmjager
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2002 12:46 am
- Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
-
Les_the_Sarge_9_1
- Posts: 3943
- Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 10:00 am
I tried the Panzer Elite demo, and the graphics look "ok".
I had someone just hand me a copy of Panzer Commander (store was ditching it on me think it was a returned non sellable item). It runs "ok" but the graphics are messed up (needs investigation).
All in all, I think, that games that have graphics at this level are just to much for my meager computer video capacity (which being an 8 meg on board thing ain't much).
I think by and large I will be playing boring turn based games a great deal more than anything else.
Been finding copies of the Panzer general lineage as well as enjoying the demo of Strategic Command over at Battlefront.
They are very computer friendly, and essentially what I want in a wargame.
Anything more, is like putting a layer of icing ontop of a layer of icing. Eventually there is just way to much icing and not enough cake eh.
Me thinks CMBB might have to much frosting for my needs.
I had someone just hand me a copy of Panzer Commander (store was ditching it on me think it was a returned non sellable item). It runs "ok" but the graphics are messed up (needs investigation).
All in all, I think, that games that have graphics at this level are just to much for my meager computer video capacity (which being an 8 meg on board thing ain't much).
I think by and large I will be playing boring turn based games a great deal more than anything else.
Been finding copies of the Panzer general lineage as well as enjoying the demo of Strategic Command over at Battlefront.
They are very computer friendly, and essentially what I want in a wargame.
Anything more, is like putting a layer of icing ontop of a layer of icing. Eventually there is just way to much icing and not enough cake eh.
Me thinks CMBB might have to much frosting for my needs.
I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.





