"Could not start this game"

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

"Could not start this game"

Post by JudgeDredd »

I tried to create a small game, but when it came time to start the game, this came up.

Now it could be down to my installation issue, so I will uninstall and reinstall tomorrow and post back - so don't lose any sleep over it. But I was going to say, I was able to start a Tutorial and also a Quick Start game...so I'm wondering if it was tied to the parameters I set for the game??

Image
Attachments
Snap3.jpg
Snap3.jpg (27.06 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by elliotg »

Be sure to install the 1.0.1 patch JudgeDredd - this patch should resolve the issue you're seeing.

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/379/downloads/Distant.Worlds
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by JudgeDredd »

Whilst I'm here, I did change a few parameters in my selection and was able to Start a New Game...so it seems it was a parameter issue.

I did change a couple of parameters and try again and it failed, and again and it failed. Third time worked - unfortunately I wasn't totally convinced it was linked to the parameters, so wasn't paying too much attention

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow about which parameter seemed to make the difference - I changed about 3 or 4 and all of a sudden I was able to create a game.
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by JudgeDredd »

Will do - wasn't aware there was a patch aready :-)
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by JudgeDredd »

Well, I installed the patch and tried again (with the same parameters that I discovered the error with I think) and it was fine. I guess the patch fixe it.
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
JudgeDredd
Posts: 8362
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:28 pm
Location: Scotland

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by JudgeDredd »

It turns out it was the patch that fixed this issue. I was trying to use Xenox as the race and this is fixed in the patch
Alba gu' brath
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: "Could not start this game"

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks for the confirmation on that, Judge.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”