Dual Monitor Mouse Scroll Problem

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
elhchan
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am

Dual Monitor Mouse Scroll Problem

Post by elhchan »

I have dual monitor on vista 32bit and my primary monitor is on the left side. I have no problem scrolling left, up and down but NOT on the right side.

Please check. Thanks
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Dual Monitor Mouse Scroll Problem

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: elhchan I have dual monitor on vista 32bit and my primary monitor is on the left side. I have no problem scrolling left, up and down but NOT on the right side.
Dual displays are not supported. You'll have to disable the second monitor before starting Distant Worlds (Control Panel > Display Settings > turn off "Extend the desktop onto this monitor" for your second monitor). And in either case you can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to scroll to the right.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Dual Monitor Mouse Scroll Problem

Post by Erik Rutins »

I can confirm this (one edge not scrolling), though using the arrow keys on the keyboard, clicking on the minimap and using the zoom I have no trouble actually playing on a dual monitor system even with the second display on. It's a minor hassle once you get used to it - the work-around is as Elliot posted if you want it to scroll on all edges.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”