Unhandled exception in Basic Tutorial

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
JosEPhII
Posts: 173
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 pm
Location: Cornfields of Western IL. USA

Unhandled exception in Basic Tutorial

Post by JosEPhII »

While in the Basic tutorial I got an Unhandled Exception error while in the Map zoom section.

Was zooming out and Map screen changed to a white screen with a big red X. The sub screens were still visible and I could manipulate them. But the Galaxy screen would not recover.

I exited the tutorial and then started a Quick game after decreasing the FPS from 50 to 40. Everything proceeded nicely for the next hour before I had to quit for the evening.

I have a ATI Radeon HD 4650 vid card with 512MB of DDR2 ram. I use a Dual Core E7400 Wolfdale processor @ 2.8 GHZ. I have 8GB of 1066Mhz DDR2 Ram OS is Win XP Pro x64.

Game installed .Net 3.5 on my system but my DX was already up to specs.

I don't know if the game auto logs or not so at this moment I don't know if it has one. And I wasn't quick enough to get a screenie of the exception.

JosEPh :)
"old and slow.....Watch out!"
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Unhandled exception in Basic Tutorial

Post by Erik Rutins »

I believe this is a known bug (from another post-release report) that involves zooming in and out at the very edge of the galaxy while at max zoom out. At least, it sounds like that one. Stay away from the extreme edge while zooming and it should not reoccur.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”