Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
RonLugge
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by RonLugge »

I have a small squadron of ships, set as a fleet, that I use as my 'roving trouble shooters'. In essence, I rely on automated ships to escort my civvies around, and when pirates attack I jump this group in to stay and deal with the pirates/hunt down their base. Problem is, half the time they complete a mission (usually an attack mission) they defleet, and I have to manually track them down and refleet them.

Why?
There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by Erik Rutins »

I think this is a release version bug, I was able to duplicate this and have passed it along to Elliot. Have you tried this with fleet formation automation both on and off?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
hadberz
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu May 11, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Moncks Corner, SC

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by hadberz »

Have you selected all the ships then hit control (any number) i.e. control 1? Next time you hit (any number)1 those ships will be selected. Easier then hunting them all down one by one.
AMD Ryzen 9800X3D
MSI MPG X870E CARBON
32 GB G-Skill Model DDR5 6400
Sapphire Nitro X 9070 XT 16GB
AOC Q27G3XMN 2560X1440 180 Hz
Dell G2724D 2560x1440 165Hz
Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2 NVMe
Win 11 Pro
frugaldude
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:31 pm

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by frugaldude »

Thanks Hadberz.  Encountered the same problem.  That should solve it for me. Nice to have you guys with more than 24 hours of game time so willing to help us out.

Thanks again.
User avatar
RonLugge
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 pm

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by RonLugge »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I think this is a release version bug, I was able to duplicate this and have passed it along to Elliot. Have you tried this with fleet formation automation both on and off?
No, I didn't think it mattered. I'll just use the control-1 thing, that should work great.

Edit: FYI, double-pressing 1 doesn't center on the ships. I have to select a single ship from the ships screen to find them. Annoying!
There are 10 types of people in the world:

Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
User avatar
hadberz
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu May 11, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Moncks Corner, SC

RE: Ships Constantly de-fleeting

Post by hadberz »

Do the control 1, then if they wonder off on their own, just select 1 then right click and order them to move where you want them. They will all meet at that spot. Once assembled you can then order them all to attack or move some other place.
AMD Ryzen 9800X3D
MSI MPG X870E CARBON
32 GB G-Skill Model DDR5 6400
Sapphire Nitro X 9070 XT 16GB
AOC Q27G3XMN 2560X1440 180 Hz
Dell G2724D 2560x1440 165Hz
Samsung 990 Pro 4TB M.2 NVMe
Win 11 Pro
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”