Auto Update Always Fails for Me

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
VarekRaith
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

Auto Update Always Fails for Me

Post by VarekRaith »

Every time I've tried the auto update, it fails to contact the server. I allow it pass the firewall. I've tried it with the firewall disabled. No go. Not a huge issue, as I can manually download patches. Should I be fowarding a specific port, or is this on my end? Or is the server just busy?
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Auto Update Always Fails for Me

Post by Erik Rutins »

Not sure what the problem would be if you've unblocked it in your firewall. I'll ask around and see if anyone has any other suggestions, but as far as I know it's a pretty straightforward FTP connection that it uses as long as the app itself is unblocked.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
VarekRaith
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

RE: Auto Update Always Fails for Me

Post by VarekRaith »

Update.

Downloading: Update information from server #1 Creating handle.

It seems to get stuck here. If I click the update box, it crashes out with a "Not responding" message. I'm behind a router, it that helps...

Otherwise, I'm at a loss.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”