System Requirements

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Makinus
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 am

System Requirements

Post by Makinus »

I'm considering buying Distant Worlds and my desktop have much more than the recommended specs to run the game, but first i want to know if my notebook will be able to run it.

I have an Acer Aspire One D250:

1.6Ghz Intel Atom processor 2GB Ram Graphics Card Intel GMA 945 (Directx 9.0c capable) 250GB HDD

Will it run?

Thanks
User avatar
VarekRaith
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

RE: System Requirements

Post by VarekRaith »

My specs.

Intel C2D @ 1.86GHz 2GB DDR2 Intel GMA 950 [:D]

I turn down nebula and star density all the way to the left. Works fine.
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: System Requirements

Post by elliotg »

You should be ok with those specs VarekRaith. Just be sure that your screen meets the minimum requirements of 1024 x 768 - anything less will not run DW.
User avatar
VarekRaith
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

RE: System Requirements

Post by VarekRaith »

Yep, I'm at 1280X800. Works perfectly fine. [:D]
User avatar
Terl
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Charleston, WV

RE: System Requirements

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: Makinus

I'm considering buying Distant Worlds and my desktop have much more than the recommended specs to run the game, but first i want to know if my notebook will be able to run it.

I have an Acer Aspire One D250:

1.6Ghz Intel Atom processor 2GB Ram Graphics Card Intel GMA 945 (Directx 9.0c capable) 250GB HDD

Will it run?

Thanks
Makinus, this sounds like a netbook. Most of them can only do 1024x600 so I don't think it will work. Per Elliot's post you need at least 1024x768.
Makinus
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:54 am

RE: System Requirements

Post by Makinus »

While my netbook has a native screen resolution of 1024x600 it can use 1024x768 without any problems, just extending the desktop a little... other games that demand this screen resolution work without any problem... my main doubt was with the processor and the graphics card....
User avatar
Terl
Posts: 601
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:47 am
Location: Charleston, WV

RE: System Requirements

Post by Terl »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

You should be ok with those specs VarekRaith. Just be sure that your screen meets the minimum requirements of 1024 x 768 - anything less will not run DW.
Your choice. The above is from the developer...
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”