Crash 02-04-2010 Eltharion

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
eltharion
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am
Location: 1701-A Deck 5-Room 0195

Crash 02-04-2010 Eltharion

Post by eltharion »

Hi I have this crash several time.

I have installed the latest driver Ati, and latest directX. Cleaned freamwork and reinstall the new one with sp1 dotnetfx35.exe 237,054 Kb

If you need more info please ask ;)

Thank's for any hints [&o]

P.S. I have post the 2 jpg in the matrix directory as you have said.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?

-Friedrich Nietzsche-
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Crash 02-04-2010 Eltharion

Post by elliotg »

Hi eltharion

Thanks for those screenshots. I think we have this one fixed in the next patch. Would be good to confirm with a savegame though. Do you have a copy of the savegame prior to this error? Are you able to upload this to the Matrix FTP server?

Thanks Elliot
User avatar
eltharion
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:32 am
Location: 1701-A Deck 5-Room 0195

RE: Crash 02-04-2010 Eltharion

Post by eltharion »

Thanks’ for you reply... I have post my dxdiag and my test savegame.

I have test a Max Galaxy of 1400 stars plus a few modding in map (as test) like create costumes worlds with maximum resource of 3M and several type of artifact planet. Few planet has indigenous race and I have put 3 captured ships in space yard to grab tech. I have spread races manually to try function map edit

(Doing this i have expericed several crash editing systems) as i have post in forum... With patience I have created few systems with race and ships.

I have added few new star-systems manually and pirate faction to try adding faction.

As note. I think few add to editor will be eye-candy to all of us. 1) Possibly to move a space object (planet, moon, ships, etc...) 2) chose for a single space object (like planet, moon, asteroid filed, asteroid, stars etc...) the type and consistency of resource in it. 3) create a single ship or station in state of abandon is difficult (Ships :maybe only with several delete operation of the other ships. Station: I don’t know... but adding other race base and put in state abandon not looks like editors made.)

Will be very nice to choose components for ships and station in map editor

Thanks’ for any hints

P.S. I hope my "stress-test" will be useful for your "bug-search&destroy"
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. Is not life a hundred times too short for us to bore ourselves?

-Friedrich Nietzsche-
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”