BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
thiosk
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by thiosk »

Though my technology is getting ever more advanced, I must still adhere to the Size limit of 200 for my ships. The automated ship designs are routinely generating ships at size = 207, which cannot be built at any colonies. I then have to go into the design, copy as new, remove a shield or gun, and save that design in order to build ships.

Version: 1.02 OS: Windows Vista x64, 6gb RAM,
User avatar
Arnir
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Alberta. In Texas.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by Arnir »

What ship yard are you using or have researched?
User avatar
thiosk
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by thiosk »

I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.

NOTE: By AI i mean the automation of the ship designs; NOT the AI empires.
User avatar
Arnir
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Alberta. In Texas.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: thiosk

I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.
True, I don't understand why unless the AI has more advanced shipyards than you do.
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by taltamir »

i have the same issue. only at a larger scale... for a time the AI was designing capital ships that were just a hair too big... removing one item made them fit... but then i improved my build capability so its solved.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
User avatar
Arnir
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:07 pm
Location: Alberta. In Texas.

RE: BUG: Unbuildable Automated ship Designs

Post by Arnir »

ORIGINAL: thiosk

I will have to check, reported it at work-- but since destroyer class warships are at 200 units, I do not understand why the AI would generate destroyers >200 units.

NOTE: By AI i mean the automation of the ship designs; NOT the AI empires.
Ah, I understand now. Sorry for the confusion and ignore my thoughts.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”