BUG: Simultaneous Pirate Alliance Offers

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
OberonDark
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 pm

BUG: Simultaneous Pirate Alliance Offers

Post by OberonDark »

So I'm at war, and all of my forces are hard pressed and needed to fight, leaving me unable to deal with the large number of pirate bases. I'm a merchant empire, and stinking rich, so I offer them all protection agreements (to make into alliances later, to help me against my enemies). I go into the diplomacy menu and make protection deals, one after another without unpausing the game. Then, when the turn comes up, a fuzzy patch appears on my screen for about a second before one of the pirates (random) offers me an alliance. I hit yes, and wait for the other offers, but none come. However, in the box above, scrolling down, "XXX has offered you an alliance deal", with XXX being the pirates. All of them appear, but I only got that 1 message. I think this might have something to do with only 1 diplo screen being able to be open at once?
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: BUG: Simultaneous Pirate Alliance Offers

Post by taltamir »

my experience is that there is only about a 1/5 chance of a pirate faction offering alliance when protection is up... unless you don't have any pirate alliances then the chance is higher. I need to renew the protection several times before i ally with them all.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
OberonDark
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: BUG: Simultaneous Pirate Alliance Offers

Post by OberonDark »

ORIGINAL: taltamir

my experience is that there is only about a 1/5 chance of a pirate faction offering alliance when protection is up... unless you don't have any pirate alliances then the chance is higher. I need to renew the protection several times before i ally with them all.
Unless something has changed in the patch, I used to have 100% alliance offers. No exceptions. Is this normal?
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: BUG: Simultaneous Pirate Alliance Offers

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: OberonDark So I'm at war, and all of my forces are hard pressed and needed to fight, leaving me unable to deal with the large number of pirate bases. I'm a merchant empire, and stinking rich, so I offer them all protection agreements (to make into alliances later, to help me against my enemies). I go into the diplomacy menu and make protection deals, one after another without unpausing the game. Then, when the turn comes up, a fuzzy patch appears on my screen for about a second before one of the pirates (random) offers me an alliance. I hit yes, and wait for the other offers, but none come. However, in the box above, scrolling down, "XXX has offered you an alliance deal", with XXX being the pirates. All of them appear, but I only got that 1 message. I think this might have something to do with only 1 diplo screen being able to be open at once?
Pirate alliances are only offered sometimes. But the situation you're describing sounds like a bug. Each of those offers should have caused a speak window to pop-up from each pirate faction making the offer (i.e. one after the other).

I'll take a look at this

Thanks Elliot
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”