BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
thiosk
Posts: 150
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:36 am

BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by thiosk »

I've noticed an issue where occasionally mining stations fall out of planetary orbit and sit stationary in the starmap, and do not orbit with the planet/moon. Stations may not be placed on the planet, as it is flagged as having a station, even though it has been left far behind as the planet orbits the star.

I cannot verify whether or not the station is operating normally.

I'd post screenies, but that will have to wait until tonight.

Version: 1.02
FerretStyle
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by FerretStyle »

They don't operate normally. Once they run out of stuff they will remain empty from what I have seen.

Even deleting them with the editor wouldn't allow me to rebuild a new one in the same location. Definitely a game-breaker if this happens on a rare resource.
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by elliotg »

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
User avatar
VarekRaith
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:39 pm
Location: Manassas, Virginia

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by VarekRaith »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I seem to get this often when I queue an order while the construction ship in building.
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: VarekRaith
ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I seem to get this often when I queue an order while the construction ship in building.
Thanks for that extra bit of info Varek
sbach2o
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:15 am

RE: BUG: Mining stations decoupled from planets

Post by sbach2o »

ORIGINAL: elliotg

We are aware of this issue happening occasionally and are trying to track this down.

Thanks for the report Elliot
I already uploaded a saved game with instruction on how to reproduce: See here

You can ignore the save game, however. I've meanwhile verified that the instructions in my top post are sufficient to reproduce the problem.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”