Have u guys played CM:BB?

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Antonius
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Saint Arnoult en Yvelines FRANCE
Contact:

Post by Antonius »

I have tested the demo and it seems that CMBB does address my main complaints about CMBO (flat rubble you can see through, no indirect fire for on-map SPA, no command chain for vehicules, infantry walking past newly discovered enemy without reacting, too small maps).

I don't think the armor penetration model is very bad - even in SPWAW a 37mm can disable a T34 at point-blank range - but I do remember some bad surprises in my early battles because the fighting in CMBO usually happens at very short range and never at max range... Also I started to achieve anything significant only when I stopped playing it like I play spwaw - these are indeed different worlds.

Anyway I suppose that if you like CMBO you will like CMBB and if you don't like CMBO you won't like CMBB unless you did not like CMBO only because of by the above-mentioned defaults.
Wargamo, ergo sum
Post Reply

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”