Construction ship building wrong station

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
Post Reply
Volcano
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: France

Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Volcano »

I have just updated my game with 1.03 patch and I have started a new game, huge galaxy (1400 stars) and sandbox mode as Human. Starting in the Sol system, I looked at the expansion planner to see which luxury resources were needed.

I located two of those resources on an icy planet in my home system, and I used the expansion planner to order the building of a mining station on the icy planet, but instead of building a regular mining station, the construction ship started building a gas mining station on the icy planet...
Do not awake the dormant volcano...
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by elliotg »

That's correct - the resources on Ice planets require Gas Mining stations to extract. The strategic resource for them is Tyderios gas. The Expansion Planner will select the appropriate type of mining station to build (gas or normal).
Volcano
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: France

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Volcano »

Ok, but that sounded a little strange to build a gas mining station to a non gas planet ^^
Do not awake the dormant volcano...
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Astorax »

Hey guys, I had a problem similar to this except that it was a constructor building a research base at a black hole and a neutron star that was obsoleted. I had obsoleted all the individual research type bases and made a universal research base, told it to to build this and it built say an energy one instead. I have since retried to build the "SuperLab" base and it seems to have a different cost every time I look at it from the constructor right click menu. I have yet to have it actually build the right base.

New game with 1.03, btw.
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: Astorax Hey guys, I had a problem similar to this except that it was a constructor building a research base at a black hole and a neutron star that was obsoleted. I had obsoleted all the individual research type bases and made a universal research base, told it to to build this and it built say an energy one instead. I have since retried to build the "SuperLab" base and it seems to have a different cost every time I look at it from the constructor right click menu. I have yet to have it actually build the right base.
We'll take a look at this Astorax. Thanks for reporting this.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Astorax »

No, thank you, Elliotg, for making this super fun game, mate. Even with the occasional bug, its easily the most engrossing space 4x I've played in awhile. [:)]
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Fishman »

Well, it would be if it didn't constantly crash and burn spectacularly, anyway. Can confirm the building of nonexistent energy research lab designs, though. AI should not be permitted to build any design the player has intentionally removed, generally to prevent it from being built.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Construction ship building wrong station

Post by Astorax »

Elliotg, I started another game (yes, I'm a restarter) and I'm starting to think it has to do with primarily the black holes. Again, I had obsoleted all other types of research starbases and then designed an "Omega Research Base" which is just all the different types on the same base. I zoomed into a black hole so I could see the event horizon thingy, selected a constructor and told it to build an Omega there and it built either a high tech or an energy, I forget now. Either way, both were obsolete and not even on the right click build menu for the constuctor.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”