1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Wicky
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am
Location: Linz, Austria

1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post by Wicky »

When I attack the unfinished world destroyer then the game suddenly crashes (tried 3x) giving me this message.

I noticed that one enemy empire has has already halfway repaired it with constructors, that's why I had to attack to prevent completion.

[edit1] This also happens when I try to attack one of the nearby wreck from a cruiser, obviously no other empire has touched it yet.

[edit2] Upon exiting to windows, Distant World.exe will remain running in memory, saw that in the process list.

Image
Attachments
wd_crash.jpg
wd_crash.jpg (148.67 KiB) Viewed 192 times
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post by elliotg »

This is a known bug in version 1.0.2. This problem has been fixed in version 1.0.3. Your most recent 1.0.2 savegame should still play fine in 1.0.3 too.
Wicky
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am
Location: Linz, Austria

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post by Wicky »

Thanks!
User avatar
D.W.O.H
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:21 pm

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post by D.W.O.H »

man im glad i built it then,lol
Democratic Worlds Of Humanity.
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Post by taltamir »

you know you can (although it is VERY difficult to) target the construction ship that is building the world destroyer... it will immediately cease construction and escape (if not be outright destroyed) you can then finish the world destroyer yourself and gain control of it.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”