No destroyers?

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Gertjan
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm

No destroyers?

Post by Gertjan »

In the beginning I could build destroyers, but after some time they disappeared from the latest/non-obsolete design screen: Image
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Fishman »

Try scrolling up? It's probably up there somewhere. Otherwise, all of your destroyers are obsolete and you have to design a new one.
Gertjan
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Gertjan »

Thanks for the response, but I'm not stupid [;)]. I filtered on role. These are my only military designs that are non-obsolete. I've auto ship design on. So the AI should always have a destroyer imho.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Fishman »

Well, then, maybe he just hasn't bothered to make one yet. The AI's autodesigning isn't instantenous, or I'd never be rid of his useless defense bases.
Volcano
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: France

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Volcano »

I have seen this, it's because your designs have become too big for your building abilities. You simply are not able any more to build destroyers because they are too big ;)

Use the filtering option "show non obsolete designs" ;) and launch a crash program in construction :D
Do not awake the dormant volcano...
Gertjan
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Gertjan »

Volcano, thanks for the tip. I did that and it worked.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Fishman »

Heh, I'm surprised t's 2768 and the best he has is still the starting shipyard. :P I don't even make escorts that puny. :P
Gertjan
Posts: 699
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:05 pm

RE: No destroyers?

Post by Gertjan »

I was playing on auto, so let the AI take care of research and design. Apparently the upgrade to the shipyards came very late. I didn't need large military ships yet (since I was not planning on going to war, so you would only get additional maintenance costs).
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”