Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
Elrohir525
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Location: Canada

Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post by Elrohir525 »

In a game started with the official 1.0.3.0 patch, I've found that neither the Expansion Planner screen nor the Galaxy Map screen (with filtering off) will properly display ice planets or moons available for the cold-loving Ugnari to colonize. For some reason, about one ice planet/moon in ten will be displayed, but the majority don't appear. Even after I manually assign a colony ship to an icy target, this isn't displayed in the expansion planner as in progress. Continental sites do appear as usual, though. I've noticed that systems that have ice planets or moons, but no other colonizable sites, are displayed on the main screen with the usual dotted line around them.

Edit

I tried a quick test with the Boskara, and had a similar problem. Continental worlds are displayed properly, but only the three volcanic moons in my home system show up in the planner. The five explored volcanic planets and moons in neighboring systems don't appear.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post by Fishman »

The game tends to decide that many of the ice and volcanic planets are "low value" and therefore not worth colonizing. Of course, it is wrong, but that's what it's doing. The list only contains a selection of "good" planets, and ignores the environmental attributes of the ice/volcanic races.
User avatar
Elrohir525
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Location: Canada

RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post by Elrohir525 »

That sounds plausible, but if there is some filtering going on under the expansion planner's hood, I hope the intrepid Matrix guys will remove it.  I want quick access to all the colonization data to make my decisions--I managed to build a powerful civilization out of those "low-value" snowballs!  [:)]
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post by elliotg »

This problem is fixed for the next patch - you'll see a lot more planets in the Expansion Planner as colonization targets for these situations.
User avatar
Elrohir525
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:25 pm
Location: Canada

RE: Expansion planner problem in 1.0.3.0

Post by Elrohir525 »

Thanks Elliot--both for the quick reply on a weekend, and for all your hard work to make DW even better than it already is! 
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”