Queueing Resort Base

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
Webbco
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

Queueing Resort Base

Post by Webbco »

Hi Erik,

I just wanted to say that I tried queueing up a resort base using my construction ship but it wasn't available as a right-click menu option.

I know this issue should have been resolved in 1.03 (I have the non-beta patch) but it's not working!

Would a save game help?
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Fishman »

How would that even work? To queue something, you have to rightclick on the construction ship...which then gives you no means of indicating where you want the resort base.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Astorax »

No, you go to where you want the resort base, zoomed in sufficiently, then open your ships screen, scroll to your constructor. Select it. Close the screen. You are still at the resort spot so you just rightclick the planet/whatever and goto queue.
User avatar
Webbco
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Webbco »

Fishman and Astorax, I'm not sure you know the situation I've got..either that or you don't know this game very well yet...

The quickest way to build a resort base (for me anyway) when construction ships are all busy is to:

1. Decide on location to build base

2. Cycle through all available construction ships using the bottom left icons (I only usually have about 4-6 early on in game due to maintenance costs of these beasts)

3. If they are all busy building other things, select closest ship to research location

4. Zoom out to galaxy, then, with appropriate construction ship selected, right click on research location and click: Queue Next Mission > Build Here > Resort Base

My problem is, the base does not show up at all on the menu when I want to queue its construction. It's there when I want to immediately build it.
Astorax
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:50 pm

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Astorax »

Which part of what you just listed contradicted what I said, Webbco? Heh. You cycled through your constructors via the bottom left icons while I went into the ships screen. <shrug>

Also, I get that its not listed, I was just explaining to Fishman how its done (if it were listed).
User avatar
Webbco
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Webbco »

Astorax, maybe I misunderstood you. I assumed your first post was telling me how I can build a resort base, which would have been about as helpful as a poke in the eye.

Looking back on what you wrote, it looks like you directed it at Fishman...? If that's the case, sorry about the tone.
User avatar
Webbco
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Webbco »

bump
User avatar
gunnergoz
Posts: 439
Joined: Tue May 21, 2002 4:57 am
Location: San Diego CA
Contact:

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by gunnergoz »

I was able to build a resort in a supernova by simply moving the construction ship there and right clicking, then selecting resort base from the menu. I think the options available are dictated by exactly where on-screen you are clicking. If you right-click on a spot that is ineligible for such a base, it does not show up as an option in the right-click menu. Re-reading this thread though, I see now that your question was about queuing up such projects...perhaps not what I answered. [X(] [:D]
"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks for the report, we will try to duplicate and if there is an issue, fix.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
Webbco
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:15 am

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Post by Webbco »

Hi Erik,

Just to note that the resort base issue is still present with 1.04. Cannot get construction ship to queue resort base up as the next mission.

Edit: Oh actually, it works fine now!! Thanks Erik and team!

Edit no. 2: Ok I've narrowed it down a bit...it DOESN'T work on neutron stars. Supernovas it's fine.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”