Getting stuff for nothing in trade

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Krelos
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:32 pm

Getting stuff for nothing in trade

Post by Krelos »

I've been experiencing that, the more friendly and more stupid a race is, the worse trade deals they will accept. The most intelligent and unfriendly will not take any trade that doesn't favor them about 30%. On the other hand, the dumbest and most friendly race will gladly trade you 15k in return for your 10k, over and over and over again. When I first noticed this I used it to drain a richer empire of credits using only my own credits.

Dunno if this is really a bug or not, but it does feel odd. Not an isolated incident, happens every time, every game.

1.03
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Getting stuff for nothing in trade

Post by Fishman »

This, too, works in real life. A stupid person can be repeatedly suckered into deals that result in the loss of all of their money, and will genuinely believe to the very end that the former Nigerian president will eventually deliver unto them their millions. I know several such people and frequently ask them if it hurts to be so stupid. Once I was told a tale of a person who would be swindled in Monopoly over and over as they would accept a series of trades that ended with them holding absolutely nothing, much like you describe. It is amazing to me that someone like this can even remember how to perform a task as complex as breathing or chewing food, but apparently, they actually manage to survive.
Sigh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am

RE: Getting stuff for nothing in trade

Post by Sigh »

lol nevermind
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”