Black Holes and Typhoons

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
Anthropoid
Posts: 3107
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:01 am
Location: Secret Underground Lair

Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Anthropoid »

I've lost about six ships now to the Tydarea Typhoon, which seems to be some sort of radio-magnetic storm caused by the nearby Black Hole.

Is there any way to teach my stupid Explorer ship captains to stay suficient away from that crap?

It was very cool the first time it happened. Now it is getting kinda silly.

Losing a ship from time to time because of a random accident I don't mind, but the idea that the captains of these explorer ships would just keep sailing in there is a bit hard to suspend the disbelief.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Sigh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Sigh »

Another candidate for "retarded gameplay"
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Sigh Another candidate for "retarded gameplay"
Seriously, please refrain from this kind of commentary. We're a patient bunch, but these kinds of post in other customers' threads are not kosher.

Anthropoid, we'll definitely look and see what we can do to improve this.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Fishman »

Automated ships should probably avoid navigational hazards by default: Ships should only enter a navhaz if explicitly ordered to do so by the player, or it is determined that the navhaz is absolutely harmless due to the defenses the ship possesses.
User avatar
Anthropoid
Posts: 3107
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:01 am
Location: Secret Underground Lair

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Anthropoid »

Thanks Erik! :) Not sure why this got moved to Tech support though?

I kinda like that ships can get messed up by navigational hazards, or that there can be catastrophes or something.

But 4 or 5 exploration ships in a row flying into the same region was just a little hard to suspend disbelief on. The fact that you guys have included real stuff like black holes and supernova, etc. is just awesome! [:D]

This is by far the best space game I've ever played.
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3
Aurelian
Posts: 4090
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Aurelian »

Heh, you'd think one of them would send out a warning[:)]
Building a new PC.
Awaras
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 am

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Awaras »

Another funny thing I had happen to me: My explorer found an abandoned base inside a stormcloud. After about 10-20 minutes i started getting messages about freighters being disabled. I click on the message and see that base surrounded by about 20 freighters falling apart from the damage inflicted by the storm. I kept an eye on the base out of curiosity, and freighters kept coming to it and getting destroyed. The base was out of fuel and they kept trying to refuel it even tho they had no chance of survival. In the end I disbanded the base. :)
FerretStyle
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:00 am

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by FerretStyle »

ORIGINAL: Awaras

Another funny thing I had happen to me: My explorer found an abandoned base inside a stormcloud. After about 10-20 minutes i started getting messages about freighters being disabled. I click on the message and see that base surrounded by about 20 freighters falling apart from the damage inflicted by the storm. I kept an eye on the base out of curiosity, and freighters kept coming to it and getting destroyed. The base was out of fuel and they kept trying to refuel it even tho they had no chance of survival. In the end I disbanded the base. :)
Almost makes you wish you could do things like this manually, "just in case". You know what I mean?
Sigh
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:07 am

RE: Black Holes and Typhoons

Post by Sigh »

no
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”