bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Wicky
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am
Location: Linz, Austria

bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post by Wicky »

Please take a look at this savegame: "Wicky 01Viking 2773-06-02 STUTTER INVINCIBLE.dwg"

The 5th fleet is fighting against a pirate base, which after loosing it's shields got stuck in an endless "damage component" animation. Two cruisers with 700 firepower keep shooting at it for 10 minutes, but the buggy component (?) won't get destroyed.

I also would like to mention, that in the same moment when the pirate base became invincible, also the game started to stutter like crazy.

Thanks!
Wicky
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am
Location: Linz, Austria

RE: bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post by Wicky »

Damn, I just noticed that save+quit+restart fixes the problem for a while. In this case you can't reproduce this bug. But it is there, I swear!
User avatar
Erik Rutins
Posts: 39783
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2000 4:00 pm
Location: Vermont, USA
Contact:

RE: bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks for the report.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC


Image

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
User avatar
lordxorn
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:18 am

RE: bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post by lordxorn »

ORIGINAL: Wicky

Damn, I just noticed that save+quit+restart fixes the problem for a while. In this case you can't reproduce this bug. But it is there, I swear!
Wicky you are correct, I have seen the same thing. The bug seems to happen after you get one of those crash reports that let you continue. I will try and screen cap the next one.
Wicky
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:18 am
Location: Linz, Austria

RE: bug: suddenly enemy ships invincible, game stuttering

Post by Wicky »

This bug did happen to me 3 more times, everytime all the armors on the target base were gone, and the "enhanced command center" was damaged. Further attacks would not destroy any compos, even if an entire fleet kept shooting at it for minutes.

You may ask how I know, well I found a such invincible defensive base, and then I captured the nearby planet and the ownership of this base was mine. I checked for the components and report you now. I did this three times, with a defensive base, a monitoring station and a large spaceport.

1) The def base had 15 destroyed armor plates, 1 destroyed enhanced ccenter, and a fission reactor FS250 was the component in question which didnt blow up. (assuming that compos get destroyed from up to down). Onboard was also a working repair DC100 2) The monitoring station had 7 armors destroyed, 1 enchanced ccenter destroyed, and just below the ccenter was again a fission reactor FS250. If my fleet kept shooting, it should have blown up next, but it didn't. Onboard was also a working S1F2 repair bot. 3) The large space port had 40 destroyed armor plates when I captured the planet and thus also the invincible spaceport. And 1 destroyed enhanced ccenter. And again it was a fission reactor FS250 which refused to give in, no matter how long I shoot at it.

This bug appears now more frequently. In the beginning I could save exit and continue from the savegame. But now it comes like after every 5 minutes. This is unbearable to me as saving everytime takes 20 minutes itself.

If you want me to upload a new savegame which guarantees this bug to reproduce in under 5 minutes I could do that, but it's 114mb. Thx for reading!
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”