1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
Chet Guiles
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 pm
Location: Southern CA

1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by Chet Guiles »

Another bug? I will try again and see what happens.

I am at year 2760.03.29 in a new game. I now get the message despite the fact that there are a dozen or more colonizable worlds that I can't build more colony ships and that none are available to colonize worlds. Neither is correct. I can manually tell the game to build ships and it does. But it won't let me send them anywhere...



Image
Attachments
DistantNoBuild.jpg
DistantNoBuild.jpg (112.08 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Chet Guiles
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 pm
Location: Southern CA

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by Chet Guiles »

Continuing the saga, here is the "Can't Build" notofication...

Image
Attachments
DistantNoBuild.jpg
DistantNoBuild.jpg (112.08 KiB) Viewed 123 times
Chet Guiles
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 pm
Location: Southern CA

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by Chet Guiles »

Oops. I duplicated the attachment. Sorry.

Image
Attachments
ColonyShips.jpg
ColonyShips.jpg (23.89 KiB) Viewed 124 times
Chet Guiles
Posts: 253
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:30 pm
Location: Southern CA

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by Chet Guiles »

Final note. Anyway I have colony ships and planets to colonize but it won't let me do it. Any suggestions? I will start a new game and see if I hit the same kind of roadblock.
User avatar
n01487477
Posts: 4764
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

Final note. Anyway I have colony ships and planets to colonize but it won't let me do it. Any suggestions? I will start a new game and see if I hit the same kind of roadblock.
Isn't this WAD (yes the display is wrong), but you probably don't have the tech to develop Ice worlds... in my game had this too, but researched more habs and then was allowed to inhabit and build these worlds... still would be nice if they didn't show ...
Fishman
Posts: 795
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 pm

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Post by Fishman »

There *IS* no tech to colonize ice worlds. Only ice-world races can colonize ice worlds. It's possible that the new change to list all worlds instead of arbitrarily selecting only the ones the game thinks are good is making it so the ice worlds are listed even if you lack an ice race planet to colonize from.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”