Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Post Reply
User avatar
aprezto
Posts: 824
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by aprezto »

I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.
Attachments
crash.jpg
crash.jpg (32.96 KiB) Viewed 237 times
Image

Image courtesy of Divepac
Sliverine
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 am

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by Sliverine »

it seems like a variation of the DateTime object referencing issue. This error seems to be rather general as it can affect anything and everything.
If my lawn were emo, it would mow itself
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by taltamir »

i also had similar crash when trying to retrofit a construction ship.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
JasmoVT
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by JasmoVT »

My experience is this will happen when you retro fit any custom deisgn including automated ships trying to retro fit. I even had it happen once when i just looked at a ship in the design editor and did not chnage anything. 1-04b is a great improvement except the custom design is effectively broken. I hope they can find a fix quickly. This is very disappointing in a game I am finding quite good.
Resan
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:05 pm

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by Resan »

Well, that's why it's still in beta I guess [;)]
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by taltamir »

ORIGINAL: Resan

Well, that's why it's still in beta I guess [;)]
and that is why we are providing bug reports for it. We know that we are playing a beta its gonna have new bugs and we are trying to help solve them by identifying what causes them, that is all.
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
User avatar
elliotg
Posts: 3989
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:32 am

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by elliotg »

ORIGINAL: aprezto

I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.
Thanks for that report. This has been fixed in beta3 which should be available in the next day or two.
taltamir
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:51 am

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Post by taltamir »

ORIGINAL: elliotg
ORIGINAL: aprezto

I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.
Thanks for that report. This has been fixed in beta3 which should be available in the next day or two.
you guys are awesome! thanks!

I really appreciate it and I am sure I am not the only one :P
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”