Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
My Revised 'To Do' list when Juan sends me the files:
1. Nisshin Air Group (my game STILL does not show it arriving with the aircraft).
2. Fix the lack of fuel on the DDs at Etorofu and Babeldoap.
3. Fix LCU prep targets for units moved to Ominato, Truk, and the Marshalls.
4. Move 41st AA Regiment from Chungking (Strange!) to Shanghai.
5. Fix IJN SS TF Move Bonus to allow about 40% of IJN subs to be able to be deployed as the Japanese player sees fit.
6. Replace Admiral Yamamoto with Ugaki to reflect him being Navy Minister.
7. CL Tenryu 7-44 Upgrade to leave 10/65 AA Guns instead of switching back to 12.7.
8. Create a TF carrying an Aussie Brigade and support units somewhere between Noumea and PM. Consolidate the ANZAC Cruiser Force to be escorting this Transport group.
9. Create a Fighter, Dive Bomber, and Torpedo Bomber set of Training Squadrons on the West Coast that start with just a few planes, can expand, and are perminently restricted.
10. Correct engine balance for the beginning of the war to reflect the increased aircraft production of the Mod.
11. Raise Chinese experience for units around Changsha. Raise by d10%.
12. Raise Japanese experience for units around Ichang. Raise by d10% there as well.
That is my growing list. Questions? Comments?
1. Nisshin Air Group (my game STILL does not show it arriving with the aircraft).
2. Fix the lack of fuel on the DDs at Etorofu and Babeldoap.
3. Fix LCU prep targets for units moved to Ominato, Truk, and the Marshalls.
4. Move 41st AA Regiment from Chungking (Strange!) to Shanghai.
5. Fix IJN SS TF Move Bonus to allow about 40% of IJN subs to be able to be deployed as the Japanese player sees fit.
6. Replace Admiral Yamamoto with Ugaki to reflect him being Navy Minister.
7. CL Tenryu 7-44 Upgrade to leave 10/65 AA Guns instead of switching back to 12.7.
8. Create a TF carrying an Aussie Brigade and support units somewhere between Noumea and PM. Consolidate the ANZAC Cruiser Force to be escorting this Transport group.
9. Create a Fighter, Dive Bomber, and Torpedo Bomber set of Training Squadrons on the West Coast that start with just a few planes, can expand, and are perminently restricted.
10. Correct engine balance for the beginning of the war to reflect the increased aircraft production of the Mod.
11. Raise Chinese experience for units around Changsha. Raise by d10%.
12. Raise Japanese experience for units around Ichang. Raise by d10% there as well.
That is my growing list. Questions? Comments?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Just went around the map of China and selected all the units for XP bonus so I'm ready there. Should better reflect the situation after those two large land battles.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Just thinking a bit more about China .. While allied players love to complain the reality was Japan could pretty much do whatever its want though its supply line would stretch more and more. The Chinese player feels compelled to defend critical targets which it is not preparred for / doesnt want to fight . I feel this is because of lack of supplies and the feeling that with less supplies the situation will get even worse - now the Chinese army ( especially the CCP ) lived off the land a lot and didnt need many supplies hence it could avoid most battles it did not want to fight ( they did need to fight for Political / morale reasons not supply) . To show this i think Chunking should have quite few more light industry and the resources to support them - while these are not really located in Chunking ( and hence should not be able to be strat bombed ) they show the supplies the Chinese could get from the country or even large number of 1M+ cities which are not even on the map.
Underdog Fanboy
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
I am nervous about changing anything in China beyond experience. I know SOOOOOO little about the campaign and country at that point it would scare me to change much of anything. Need to think about that...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Went through and expanded my notes for the changes I have to make.
I have picked the 2 remaining Battalions, a BF, Fighter Squadron, Hudson Bomber Squadron, and a Recon unit to be the reinforcement TF at sea when the war starts. It'll be about 2-3 days from PM but could go anywhere.
Question: I am planning to consolidate CA Canberra, CL Perth with the two NZ CL. Does anyone think that isn't appropriate? Since war hasn't started yet would NZ have an issue using their two warships to escort an Aussie TF?
Juan--How are you coming with your side of the changes? Any questions as you roll through stuff?
I have picked the 2 remaining Battalions, a BF, Fighter Squadron, Hudson Bomber Squadron, and a Recon unit to be the reinforcement TF at sea when the war starts. It'll be about 2-3 days from PM but could go anywhere.
Question: I am planning to consolidate CA Canberra, CL Perth with the two NZ CL. Does anyone think that isn't appropriate? Since war hasn't started yet would NZ have an issue using their two warships to escort an Aussie TF?
Juan--How are you coming with your side of the changes? Any questions as you roll through stuff?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
UPDATE: Juan emailed me today and said he was making good progress on his side of the changes for the Mod. I'll note here when I have gotten it and will then expedite the completion so those who are waiting can jump on Mark Two Version. It will be posted at the same location for those who will want to download it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
One more moment: 9th Air Fleet ground echelon just arrived, and...

Why its subordinate units are restricted and the Air Fleet HQ itself isn't?

Why its subordinate units are restricted and the Air Fleet HQ itself isn't?
- Attachments
-
- Scr12.jpg (94.02 KiB) Viewed 359 times
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Please add "Combined Fleet" and "Southern Fleet" to those that can be chosen. Currently, there are LCUs that come attached to either one, but you cannot use PP to change command to either one. Case in point are a few separate SNLF and Port Units that can combine into a Special BF, but you would need to use PP to change both units to another command as each is assigned to these commands.
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
FatR--I noticed this with Michael and I's game. Should that command be assigned to Combined Fleet? That would probably take care of any issues. Don't want PP to be spent here, just want them ready to move to the Pacific...
Michael--What do you mean by your above Post?
I know some of you are waiting for the release of the Mark Two Version and we have been held up by Juan being quite busy. I hope to have a tentative release date within a day or so...
Michael--What do you mean by your above Post?
I know some of you are waiting for the release of the Mark Two Version and we have been held up by Juan being quite busy. I hope to have a tentative release date within a day or so...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
9th Fleet subordinate units seems to be marked as "Static Attached" in the editor. This permarestricts them. I think just clearing this checkbox should work.
Michael means that it is impossible to change a unit's command to "Combined Fleet". This always was so in AE, though, I just checked Scen 1. Don't know how to fix this.
EDIT: Moreover, air units of 9th Air Fleet show up as temporarily restricted. I suggest trying to remove "Restricted Temporary" tag from 9th Air Fleet HQ, as now it is delayed anyway.
Michael means that it is impossible to change a unit's command to "Combined Fleet". This always was so in AE, though, I just checked Scen 1. Don't know how to fix this.
EDIT: Moreover, air units of 9th Air Fleet show up as temporarily restricted. I suggest trying to remove "Restricted Temporary" tag from 9th Air Fleet HQ, as now it is delayed anyway.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
That sounds easy enough to do. Will take care of it.
Think that I am not awake in that I don't completely understand what Michael said and you worked to clarify. There are units that can ONLY serve one or the other? Is that the issue?
Think that I am not awake in that I don't completely understand what Michael said and you worked to clarify. There are units that can ONLY serve one or the other? Is that the issue?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
- ny59giants
- Posts: 9902
- Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Here is one of three potential Special BF that now requires both LCUs be changed to another command as their current commands are not available when you try change commands.


- Attachments
-
- Commands.jpg (33.35 KiB) Viewed 359 times
[center]
[/center]
[/center]RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
when will the next update be ready? Is there a link (other than to v1) available yet?
Pax
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Michael--If you can track down the exact units and post them here, I will get that changed for the new release.
Pax--Juan has been incredibly busy and I am waiting on him finishing the American and Chinese OOB/upgrade changes before I can do my work. It shouldn't--hopefully--be too long.
Pax--Juan has been incredibly busy and I am waiting on him finishing the American and Chinese OOB/upgrade changes before I can do my work. It shouldn't--hopefully--be too long.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Just in case of further misunderstanding, the issue, as I understand it, is, for some reason players cannot change command of the units to Combined Fleet or Southwestern Area Fleet in AE at all, but component pieces of some units might belong to both of them. So both components must be changed to some third command to recombine them. The simplest fix probably to ensure that component units are assigned to the same command.ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Think that I am not awake in that I don't completely understand what Michael said and you worked to clarify. There are units that can ONLY serve one or the other? Is that the issue?
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Reluctant Admiral Feedback
ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Pax--Juan has been incredibly busy and I am waiting on him finishing the American and Chinese OOB/upgrade changes before I can do my work. It shouldn't--hopefully--be too long.
Cool, just wanted to be sure I hadn't missed a link somewhere above.... I can be patient. sortta ... [:D]
Pax
Mark Two HOMESTRETCH!
Got the files from Juan today! THANK YOU JUAN! [&o][&o]
Now I shall get moving on the 'to do' list I have. Topics:
1. Michael--Can you get me the exact units that have the command problem? I will follow the above advice and place them under 4th Fleet control.
2. FatR--What will solve the 9th Air Fleet assigned issue. Could you tackle that again just so I have it and fully understand?
If ANYONE playing the RA, Mark One has issues, questions, or requests for changes NOW is the time to say something!!!
Now I shall get moving on the 'to do' list I have. Topics:
1. Michael--Can you get me the exact units that have the command problem? I will follow the above advice and place them under 4th Fleet control.
2. FatR--What will solve the 9th Air Fleet assigned issue. Could you tackle that again just so I have it and fully understand?
If ANYONE playing the RA, Mark One has issues, questions, or requests for changes NOW is the time to say something!!!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two HOMESTRETCH!
Michael got the info to me and posed an interesting question that I don't have the answer for. This is what he wrote:
Here are the IDs for the 8 LCUs (4415 thru 4422) that need at least one of the two commands changed. The 4 Port Units should be changed over to Combined Fleet from SW Area Fleet, IMO.
This is going to hurt, but you know the Editor better than I do. Can Combined Fleet be added to the list of pull downs that you can change commands to?? I've looked under the "Location" tab, but did not see how it could be done.
Does anyone have an answer for this?
Here are the IDs for the 8 LCUs (4415 thru 4422) that need at least one of the two commands changed. The 4 Port Units should be changed over to Combined Fleet from SW Area Fleet, IMO.
This is going to hurt, but you know the Editor better than I do. Can Combined Fleet be added to the list of pull downs that you can change commands to?? I've looked under the "Location" tab, but did not see how it could be done.
Does anyone have an answer for this?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Mark Two HOMESTRETCH!
Deselect "Static Attached" checkboxes for the ground echelon and "Restricted Temporary" for the air units. Then check if everything can now be moved normally.ORIGINAL: John 3rd
2. FatR--What will solve the 9th Air Fleet assigned issue. Could you tackle that again just so I have it and fully understand?
I don't know how Combined Fleet can be added to the list of commands to which you can change units. I suggest asking in the tech support thread.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Mark Two HOMESTRETCH!
Thanks Stanislav. Easy to fix.
Michael saw the files today and was salivating over the Americans getting new toys! Thanks Juan for that work.
I have family in this week so getting things finished will be dicey. Will Post progress as I make it.
Michael saw the files today and was salivating over the Americans getting new toys! Thanks Juan for that work.
I have family in this week so getting things finished will be dicey. Will Post progress as I make it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.


