Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Finally you´re back. Missed my economic input a lot [:)]
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
PaxMondo, you saying I'm short?! [:D] (I am at only 5' 6".)
The game has been progressing slowly, but it has been progressing. I finished the 20 Mar turn but have only posted through 1 Mar. I'm going to post several days at a time until I'm caught up. Anyway, here goes.....
First of all, a bit of a recap (for you and me). I'll post some screen shots tonight, which will help a lot.
To this point, I have pushed the Philippine rabble to Bataan where a seige ensues and the Malayan rabble is beseiged in Singapore. I really shouldn't call them rabble because both armies have been holding out far longer than I had expected. Damn rabble!
In Java, I invaded the base to the SE of Batavia and have surrounded the northern Javanese forces in Batavia where I am attacking.
Davao, Mindinao was invaded and taken. I'm pushing north to herd the US Forces into the NW corner of the island. I don't have the strength there to take the island, but I did that to take out an airbase that housed B-17s.
I took Pt. Moresby, pushing a substantial Australian contingent into the jungle. They have been crawling to the NW to Ternate, which I occupied with two Naval Guard units. I have also taken all of the bases around Lae.
I've taken Rangoon and am pushing the entire Burma Army north (1 division, 1 tank regiment and a couple of other units).
So, there we are......
The game has been progressing slowly, but it has been progressing. I finished the 20 Mar turn but have only posted through 1 Mar. I'm going to post several days at a time until I'm caught up. Anyway, here goes.....
First of all, a bit of a recap (for you and me). I'll post some screen shots tonight, which will help a lot.
To this point, I have pushed the Philippine rabble to Bataan where a seige ensues and the Malayan rabble is beseiged in Singapore. I really shouldn't call them rabble because both armies have been holding out far longer than I had expected. Damn rabble!
In Java, I invaded the base to the SE of Batavia and have surrounded the northern Javanese forces in Batavia where I am attacking.
Davao, Mindinao was invaded and taken. I'm pushing north to herd the US Forces into the NW corner of the island. I don't have the strength there to take the island, but I did that to take out an airbase that housed B-17s.
I took Pt. Moresby, pushing a substantial Australian contingent into the jungle. They have been crawling to the NW to Ternate, which I occupied with two Naval Guard units. I have also taken all of the bases around Lae.
I've taken Rangoon and am pushing the entire Burma Army north (1 division, 1 tank regiment and a couple of other units).
So, there we are......
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
2-5 Mar 42
Reinforcements: 2x JNAF AF Units
China
I guess I haven't talked about China yet. Well, I'm pushing west. (How's that for an update?! [:D]) During this period, I didn't take any base of note, but I continued to beat up on the Chinese. I think you guys really need a map, huh?
Philippines
One attack and some bombardments of Bataan. Wearing them down slowly.....
Malaya
Same as Bataan in Singapore.
Java
I took Batavia on 5 Mar, destroying two Dutch units, killing 7900 Dutch and pushing the remaining rabble 1 hex to the east. The infrastructure was captured intact: Manpower 3(0), Resources 60(0), HI 21(0), and LI 80(0). I increased the HI to 50.
I also landed an infantry regiment at Semarang with another regiment and the rest of the divisional assets about a day or so behind. The infrastructure captured was: Manpower 1(1), Resources 16(40) and LI 16(4). I will not repair any of it. The goal was to cut Java in half. The third regiment of the division (20 Division from Korea I believe) has another mission....
Pt. Moresby Area
As I said earlier, I took Terapo. The former Pt. Moresby rabble has been crawling toward that town. Two Daitai of Bettys flying out of Rabaul are on naval attack with a secondary mission of ground attack. They're pounding them daily.
Reinforcements: 2x JNAF AF Units
China
I guess I haven't talked about China yet. Well, I'm pushing west. (How's that for an update?! [:D]) During this period, I didn't take any base of note, but I continued to beat up on the Chinese. I think you guys really need a map, huh?
Philippines
One attack and some bombardments of Bataan. Wearing them down slowly.....
Malaya
Same as Bataan in Singapore.
Java
I took Batavia on 5 Mar, destroying two Dutch units, killing 7900 Dutch and pushing the remaining rabble 1 hex to the east. The infrastructure was captured intact: Manpower 3(0), Resources 60(0), HI 21(0), and LI 80(0). I increased the HI to 50.
I also landed an infantry regiment at Semarang with another regiment and the rest of the divisional assets about a day or so behind. The infrastructure captured was: Manpower 1(1), Resources 16(40) and LI 16(4). I will not repair any of it. The goal was to cut Java in half. The third regiment of the division (20 Division from Korea I believe) has another mission....
Pt. Moresby Area
As I said earlier, I took Terapo. The former Pt. Moresby rabble has been crawling toward that town. Two Daitai of Bettys flying out of Rabaul are on naval attack with a secondary mission of ground attack. They're pounding them daily.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
6-12 Mar 42
Reinforcements: 4x Port Units (These merge with specific SNLFs to create Special Base Forces. I will create these SBFs.), 2x JNAF AF Units, 23 Med Art Reg
Ships returned to service: Kako (damaged on 25 Jan 42 in a surface action off Tulagi vs. the CA Canberra. Was able to be repaired by an AR located at Rabaul)
I-123 (damaged on 10 Dec 41 - hit a mine at Balikpapan)
Tachikaze (damaged 25 Jan 42 in a surface action against Repulse & escorts off Pt. Moresby)
The Arizona was reported to have foundered a few hexes east of Hawaii and went down! Heh, heh...
Philippines
One attack and daily bombardment of Bataan. They're still hanging in there.
Malaya
Same as Bataan.
Java
Baby KB is stationed about 4-6 hexes from Soerabaja. Daily sweeps are flown against that base to kill off the fighters there. They are successful with the added bonus of increasing Baby KB's fighter experience.
Banjoewangi and Djokjakarta (Manpower 1(1), Resources 16(4) and LI 16(4)) are liberated.
Southern New Guinea
Ted pushes the remnants of the Pt. Moresby garrison toward Terapo piecemeal and they get ravaged piecemeal. Gull Bn and the 5 Aust Div are destroyed and the Sparrow and Lark Bns are trashed and pushed back into the jungle to rot. The two Betty daitai are getting lots of practice bombing the rabble. I almost feel sorry for them.
China
You guys really need to see a map here. I took Chengchow (Manpower 1(1), Resources 18(42) and LI 18(42)), Sinyang and Wenchow (Manpower 1(1), Resources 60(0), HI 10(1) and LI 80(0))
Mindinao
I took Butuan, which was where Ted kept his B-17s. He moved them out before I took it unfortuantely.
Other Stuff
I've begun to clean up the dot hexes and small bases around the map. I won't mention all of them. Too many to count. Hell, I don't remember where some of them even are.
There has been little naval combat. His subs get lucky every so often and I have rarely seen anything bigger than a PT boat, other than those elusive subs.
Reinforcements: 4x Port Units (These merge with specific SNLFs to create Special Base Forces. I will create these SBFs.), 2x JNAF AF Units, 23 Med Art Reg
Ships returned to service: Kako (damaged on 25 Jan 42 in a surface action off Tulagi vs. the CA Canberra. Was able to be repaired by an AR located at Rabaul)
I-123 (damaged on 10 Dec 41 - hit a mine at Balikpapan)
Tachikaze (damaged 25 Jan 42 in a surface action against Repulse & escorts off Pt. Moresby)
The Arizona was reported to have foundered a few hexes east of Hawaii and went down! Heh, heh...
Philippines
One attack and daily bombardment of Bataan. They're still hanging in there.
Malaya
Same as Bataan.
Java
Baby KB is stationed about 4-6 hexes from Soerabaja. Daily sweeps are flown against that base to kill off the fighters there. They are successful with the added bonus of increasing Baby KB's fighter experience.
Banjoewangi and Djokjakarta (Manpower 1(1), Resources 16(4) and LI 16(4)) are liberated.
Southern New Guinea
Ted pushes the remnants of the Pt. Moresby garrison toward Terapo piecemeal and they get ravaged piecemeal. Gull Bn and the 5 Aust Div are destroyed and the Sparrow and Lark Bns are trashed and pushed back into the jungle to rot. The two Betty daitai are getting lots of practice bombing the rabble. I almost feel sorry for them.
China
You guys really need to see a map here. I took Chengchow (Manpower 1(1), Resources 18(42) and LI 18(42)), Sinyang and Wenchow (Manpower 1(1), Resources 60(0), HI 10(1) and LI 80(0))
Mindinao
I took Butuan, which was where Ted kept his B-17s. He moved them out before I took it unfortuantely.
Other Stuff
I've begun to clean up the dot hexes and small bases around the map. I won't mention all of them. Too many to count. Hell, I don't remember where some of them even are.
There has been little naval combat. His subs get lucky every so often and I have rarely seen anything bigger than a PT boat, other than those elusive subs.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
13-18 Mar 42
Reinforcements: 25 Air Flot HQ, 4x RF Gun Bns (oh boy [8|]), 7x Naval Guard units, 1x Engineer Reg (China), Hong Kong SBF, 21 SBF, 1x JAAF AF Bn, 1 Air HQ (Kwantung), 1x JNAF AF Unit, 68 Sentai (42x Nates), 92 Sentai (27 Sallys), CHa-30, DD Makigumo
Return to service: DD Namikaze (damaged on 25 Jan 42 in the surface action against the Repulse off Pt. Moresby)
Philippines
Combination of attacks and bombardments. Weakening but still there.
Malaya
Same as above.
Java
I took Tjilitjap and all the enemy units surrendered. The former Batavia garrison is still 1 hex to the east and isolated. It's being pummelled by the IJA 4 Division but it's still there although units are slowly disappearing. I cut Java in half as well. The third regiment to the division that invaded central Java landed in southern Java along with some supporting units. They are driving on Soerabaja. They won't enter Soerabaja but will cut it off from the rest of Java until the main army arrives.
Southern New Guinea
More of the same. The remnants of the former Pt. Moresby garrison continue to die off.
China
I didn't take any Chinese cities during this period, but I did push Chinese forces around.
Mindinao
Nothing new to report.
Reinforcements: 25 Air Flot HQ, 4x RF Gun Bns (oh boy [8|]), 7x Naval Guard units, 1x Engineer Reg (China), Hong Kong SBF, 21 SBF, 1x JAAF AF Bn, 1 Air HQ (Kwantung), 1x JNAF AF Unit, 68 Sentai (42x Nates), 92 Sentai (27 Sallys), CHa-30, DD Makigumo
Return to service: DD Namikaze (damaged on 25 Jan 42 in the surface action against the Repulse off Pt. Moresby)
Philippines
Combination of attacks and bombardments. Weakening but still there.
Malaya
Same as above.
Java
I took Tjilitjap and all the enemy units surrendered. The former Batavia garrison is still 1 hex to the east and isolated. It's being pummelled by the IJA 4 Division but it's still there although units are slowly disappearing. I cut Java in half as well. The third regiment to the division that invaded central Java landed in southern Java along with some supporting units. They are driving on Soerabaja. They won't enter Soerabaja but will cut it off from the rest of Java until the main army arrives.
Southern New Guinea
More of the same. The remnants of the former Pt. Moresby garrison continue to die off.
China
I didn't take any Chinese cities during this period, but I did push Chinese forces around.
Mindinao
Nothing new to report.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
19 Mar 42
Ok, I'm just about caught up so I'll go back to 1 day turns. Some significant events are about to transpire as well.
Unfortunately, nothing significant happened today. [:'(] Same ole bombardment. Hong Kong's port reached level 9. It's already upgrading area ships so I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
20 Mar 42
I got the DD Kazegumo today. That's the 4th Yugumo, which makes a complete DesDiv. They'll support KB.
The remnants of the Batavia garrison almost capitulated today. Six of the remaining 12 units surrendered, about 5500 prisoners. Hopefully the rest will surrender tomorrow freeing up the division that's investing them.
Bataan finally fell! Almost 40k prisoners surrendered. Banzai! The 14th Army is now free for it's next mission - Australia! xAKs are enroute to Manila, but only after the minesweepers clear the area around Bataan of mines. That'll give the 14th Army time to rest, move to Manila and prep for their targets.
Kongo returned to service after a lengthy repair job. She was hit by a Swordfish torpedo way back on 13 Dec off Kuantan. She and the two new Yugumos will sail to Kwajalein to reinforce the Akagi/Kaga escort.
Tonight I'll post some screen shots so you can see how things are looking.
Ok, I'm just about caught up so I'll go back to 1 day turns. Some significant events are about to transpire as well.
Unfortunately, nothing significant happened today. [:'(] Same ole bombardment. Hong Kong's port reached level 9. It's already upgrading area ships so I'm getting my money's worth out of it.
20 Mar 42
I got the DD Kazegumo today. That's the 4th Yugumo, which makes a complete DesDiv. They'll support KB.
The remnants of the Batavia garrison almost capitulated today. Six of the remaining 12 units surrendered, about 5500 prisoners. Hopefully the rest will surrender tomorrow freeing up the division that's investing them.
Bataan finally fell! Almost 40k prisoners surrendered. Banzai! The 14th Army is now free for it's next mission - Australia! xAKs are enroute to Manila, but only after the minesweepers clear the area around Bataan of mines. That'll give the 14th Army time to rest, move to Manila and prep for their targets.
Kongo returned to service after a lengthy repair job. She was hit by a Swordfish torpedo way back on 13 Dec off Kuantan. She and the two new Yugumos will sail to Kwajalein to reinforce the Akagi/Kaga escort.
Tonight I'll post some screen shots so you can see how things are looking.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Here's Burma. My biggest problem here is all those little 5 point garrisons. I've got a bunch of air support battalions headed up there to do the garrison work. Ted is doing no more than providing speed bumps. The enemy forces to the NW of Rangoon are the remnants of the Rangoon garrison, primarily the 1st Burma Division.


- Attachments
-
- Burma.jpg (219.71 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Here is the Borneo/Malaya/Summatra triangle. You can see that Singapore is a nice stopper for the 25th Army. I wanted to use them to take Summatra but the Singapore garrison won't surrender. I'm trying a shock attack tomorrow. That worked for Bataan. Hopefully, it'll work for Singapore as well.
I did have a wonderful thing happen. Oosthaven fell to the Rowboat Corps, shortly after I took Merak. The 4th Division, which is wiping up the remnants of the Batavia garrison, will move by ship to Oosthaven when that's completed. Then they'll have a whirlwind tour of southern Summatra as they move to take Palembang.

I did have a wonderful thing happen. Oosthaven fell to the Rowboat Corps, shortly after I took Merak. The 4th Division, which is wiping up the remnants of the Batavia garrison, will move by ship to Oosthaven when that's completed. Then they'll have a whirlwind tour of southern Summatra as they move to take Palembang.

- Attachments
-
- BorneoMal..Summatra.jpg (187.91 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Here is Java. The main army is identified. It's route is also identified. I think the Soerabaja garrison won't last long. I detached a couple of support units to augment the 4th Division. You can see them headed north. The carrier group 4 hexes the the NE of Soerabaja is Baby KB (Ryujo, Shoho, Zuiho & Hosho).
Once Java is liberated, the 16th Army will invade and take the bases to the west of Darwin. 14th Army's goal is Darwin.

Once Java is liberated, the 16th Army will invade and take the bases to the west of Darwin. 14th Army's goal is Darwin.

- Attachments
-
- Java.jpg (146.24 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Here is the Southern SRA. You can see the Koepang invasion force. I'm taking it to move an Air Flotilla (from Ambon) in to clear the area. This will be the 14th Army springboard for the Darwin invasion.


- Attachments
-
- SouthernSRA.jpg (141.29 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Here's southern New Guinea. The enemy forces to the NW of Pt. Moresby are the remnants of the Australian Pt. Moresby garrison.


- Attachments
-
- NewGuinea.jpg (149.33 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
And finally a peek at the strategic map.


- Attachments
-
- StratMap.jpg (112.47 KiB) Viewed 391 times
Created by the amazing Dixie
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Hah! Hardly suggesting anything about height. [;)] But your insights into the IJ economy are wonderful reads.ORIGINAL: Mike Solli
PaxMondo, you saying I'm short?! [:D] (I am at only 5' 6".)
Pax
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Thanks. I'm off through Monday and plan on doing some analysis. I'm hoping to get the rest of March completed as well.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Thanks. I'm off through Monday and plan on doing some analysis. I'm hoping to get the rest of March completed as well.
Created by the amazing Dixie
- BigBadWolf
- Posts: 584
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:01 am
- Location: Serbia
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Great, I finally caught up with this and you stopped writing. Not nice [:-]
[:D]
[:D]

- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Hi guys. I'm still around. Work's been insane lately and Ted and I have been travelling a lot for work. Unfortunately, our bosses haven't figured out a way to have our trips coincide. Right now he's out of the country in a nice little third world country that doesn't have internet access. He'll be back in about a week. Hopefully, we'll get things going again. I've got a few turns to post. Hopefully soon....
Created by the amazing Dixie
- Mike Solli
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku
RE: Here we go again! tc464 (A) vs. Mike (J) - No tc464
Hi guys. I'm still around. Work's been insane lately and Ted and I have been travelling a lot for work. Unfortunately, our bosses haven't figured out a way to have our trips coincide. Right now he's out of the country in a nice little third world country that doesn't have internet access. He'll be back in about a week. Hopefully, we'll get things going again. I've got a few turns to post. Hopefully soon....
Created by the amazing Dixie


