Reluctant Admiral Feedback

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Loading Onto a New Turn One TF?

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: ckammp

To load LCUs on a TF:

1) From the Locations screen, select the desired LCU.
2) In the far-right column, there is a box tiitled "Unit to Load".
3) Type in the TF number.

Make sure you have enough ships in the TF to fully load the LCU(s).
Make sure the LCU(s) and the TF are at the same base.
Once you have selcted the LCU(s), the remaining available cargo space on the ships will automatically load supply; note however you might have to increase the amount of supply at the base to get your TF 100% loaded.  

Hot Darn! I'm on the case right now!!!!
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

Cochin, India in Townsville??!!

Post by John 3rd »

I think it is time for me to leave the Editor for the night. Somehow I have turned Townsville into Cochin, India! CRAP. I am sure there is an easy fix but haven't been able to find it.

Here is the map screenshot with an Editor shot to follow:



Image
Attachments
TownsCochin.jpg
TownsCochin.jpg (154.19 KiB) Viewed 377 times
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

Cochin, India in Townsville??!!

Post by John 3rd »

The problem is in red. The base doesn't show as active on the list to the left if you notice. There is an easy solution to this but I haven't found it...

Here is the actual Editor shot:



Image
Attachments
TownsCochEditor.jpg
TownsCochEditor.jpg (177.23 KiB) Viewed 378 times
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

All fixed and moving

Post by John 3rd »

With Michael's help over the last hour on the phone we figured out all of the issues listed above.

We now have a TF leaving Townsville carrying two Aussie Inf Bat and a BF set to go for Port Moresby. If they arrive the three Inf Bat combine to form an Aussie Brigade. We were just figuring that the Allies could quite easily have about 150 AV present in PM by December 12-14th with two Base Force busily adding to the Forts. Might make for a defensible PM for a change...

In figuring out how to load troops onto a TF, the reinforcements at Pago-Pago are picked back up so the 2nd Marine Def Bat and a BF are ready to move from there to any place the Allied player wants.

The Aussie TF has 12,000 Supply and the American carries 10,000.

With a little work the Allies can put together a respectable STF of 2 CA, 4 CL, and 4 DD near Noumea by Dec 15th or so.


Think these changes make the South Pacific a bit more unpredictable for both sides. The Japanese player will have to be a bit more cautious and have enough Fighting Strength to handle a counter by the Fleet. It'll be fun!

The Mark Two Version is a much more balanced and interesting beast I think. The Japanese start strong with their forward deployment but the Allies have a few new resources, however, it is in late-1942 and into 43 that will be fun to watch when the Japanese get their new Capital ships and the Americans rush to get a few CVL and CVE conversions out there to fight.

Course it'll all be moot in late-44... [8|]
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

To Do List left:

1. Change objectives for moved Japanese units at start.
2. Shift some Allied shipping to Capetown.
3. Make each Aussie Bat listed above be SW Pac HQ.

Looks to be about an hour of work left.

Think it is SAFE to say that Mark Two will be ready for action by this weekend!

BANZAI! or HUZZAH!
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

The first time we built this Mod I was nervous and not sure quite what was being created but I am stoked for the release of Mark Two. IT will be far superior.

I will send the initial files for comment to Stanislav and Michael for comment. Anyone else feel like they can take a look for issues before the official release?
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
ckammp
Posts: 756
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Rear Area training facility

RE: Left for Working

Post by ckammp »

Glad to see you got all the kinks straightened out. This is an impressive mod- a historically plausible concept, and well-balanced forces. Good job by all the designers/testers.
 
A minor issue tho; for the USN training squadrons (a very good idea, btw), I see by your screenshot they are attached to West Coast HQ. Since they are Navy, and based at San Diego, having them attached to USN Air Fleet West might give a more "historical" feel. Also, the commander is an Ens; this seems to be a very low rank for a squadron CO, especially a training squadron; I would suggest LtCdr.
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Left for Working

Post by ny59giants »

4. Increase PPs to either 55 or 60 per day. [;)]
[center]Image[/center]
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

I thought about the Political Points in the middle of the night. Had the dratted game on the brain while sleeping.

Ckampp--Good idea. I'll shift them and that should be good. The leaders to start with are just green flyers. I'll expect the American player to transfer in some good pilots to help with training and then the rank will be more appropriate.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

DONE!!!
[X(]
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
JuanG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:12 pm

RE: Left for Working

Post by JuanG »

I can second the PP suggestion, atleast for the Allies. I upped them to 60 in my scenarios and they give a little more flexibility for the allies against a stronger Japan.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

Hi Juan! I bumped them up to 55. Maybe 60 is better. The difference between 150 and 300 PP a month is real but not too big.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

Have sent the Mod to Michael and Stanislav for commentary. Have asked for the file back so I can send it to Juan for Posting by tomorrow night/Saturday morning.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
morphin
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:51 pm
Location: Switzerland

RE: Left for Working

Post by morphin »

Great!
We're waiting...[&o]
User avatar
ny59giants
Posts: 9902
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:02 pm

RE: Left for Working

Post by ny59giants »

Looking through the Allies, I didn't find anything wrong.

War should start on the 4th for us. [:D]
[center]Image[/center]
FatR
Posts: 2522
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

RE: Left for Working

Post by FatR »

Looks like Nisshin arrives with A6M5. A bit too good to be true[:D]. Otherwise things seem to be all right, but I'm not sure if changes to the database will influence planes on Nisshin and status of 9th Air Fleet units in an ongoing game...
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.

Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

I'll correct Nisshin to M2. Some M5's would have ROCKED!

Michael--The 4th just MIGHT be do-able...YAAAAAAAA....right....

Stan: This is why Michael and I halted our game when it became apparent that we were making big changes. We'll start from Ground Zero with the Mark Two Version. Can you also check to see if I have 9th Air Fleet freed up? I THINK so...
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
FatR
Posts: 2522
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

RE: Left for Working

Post by FatR »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Stan: This is why Michael and I halted our game when it became apparent that we were making big changes. We'll start from Ground Zero with the Mark Two Version. Can you also check to see if I have 9th Air Fleet freed up? I THINK so...
Looks like it should be free, at least in a new game.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.

Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Left for Working

Post by John 3rd »

Will fix Nisshin right now. Last call for any more changes!!??
[X(]
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: Left for Working

Post by Lecivius »

Git Er Done!  I'll be back in town in 4 hours [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”