Reluctant Admiral Feedback
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: Group List
Hi John. Just send me your email address in a PM and I'll shoot you the Mod! After you get the files, I'll add you to the master List.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Upgrade Paths
FatR--I've had a queries in the Group Email list about the exact upgrade path of the IJN CV-Based and Interceptor Version of the Zero. At one point you posted the Upgrade lines but I've been unable to find it. Could you find that Posting and re-Post it here?
Now that we've launched RA, 2b it might behoove us to put this out again.
An additional question is what do you think about the Mod now? Since Michael and I did a re-start to the re-release, you are probably the farthest into the campaign.
Now that we've launched RA, 2b it might behoove us to put this out again.
An additional question is what do you think about the Mod now? Since Michael and I did a re-start to the re-release, you are probably the farthest into the campaign.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Upgrade Paths
Upgrade Paths:
A6M2 (Nakajima Ha-35) -> A6M5 (Ha-35) -> A6M5b (Ha-35) -> A6M8 (Mitshubishi Ha-33)
A6M3 (Ha-35) -> A6M3b (Ha-35) -> A6M4 (Ha-33) -> A6M4-J (Ha-33) -> A6M8-J (Ha-33)
As about the mod, we haven't got far enough for Japanese mid-war advantages to tell or new planes to appear. Having Mini-KB and forward battleline deployment at the start sure is handy. Japanese early air numerical superiority is overwhelming, particularly after 9th Air Fleet arrives (it remained restricted in our game, because ongoing PBEM do not accept changes in the database, but releasing air units to 11th Air Fleet isn't that expensive). Strong China serves as the main balancing factor. In particular, 70% of unrestricted IJAAF bomber force are busy there and IJNAF guys also paid some visits.
Economy requires more attention. You need to shut down some armament and expand vehicles to about 180, if not more, right at the start, because now all IJN airfield units also require vehicles, increasing demand.
A6M2 (Nakajima Ha-35) -> A6M5 (Ha-35) -> A6M5b (Ha-35) -> A6M8 (Mitshubishi Ha-33)
A6M3 (Ha-35) -> A6M3b (Ha-35) -> A6M4 (Ha-33) -> A6M4-J (Ha-33) -> A6M8-J (Ha-33)
As about the mod, we haven't got far enough for Japanese mid-war advantages to tell or new planes to appear. Having Mini-KB and forward battleline deployment at the start sure is handy. Japanese early air numerical superiority is overwhelming, particularly after 9th Air Fleet arrives (it remained restricted in our game, because ongoing PBEM do not accept changes in the database, but releasing air units to 11th Air Fleet isn't that expensive). Strong China serves as the main balancing factor. In particular, 70% of unrestricted IJAAF bomber force are busy there and IJNAF guys also paid some visits.
Economy requires more attention. You need to shut down some armament and expand vehicles to about 180, if not more, right at the start, because now all IJN airfield units also require vehicles, increasing demand.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Upgrade Paths
FatR, don't see this as a challange, but the editor says otherwise:
The A6M2 still (as in stock) upgrades to Sen Baku, which in turn upgrades to the A6M7.
I also noticed in the editor that the J6M1 does not have any range set....
The A6M2 still (as in stock) upgrades to Sen Baku, which in turn upgrades to the A6M7.
I also noticed in the editor that the J6M1 does not have any range set....
RE: Upgrade Paths
Upgrades should be as I've described in the current version of the mod. I checked through the editor.
But damn, J6M1 indeed doesn't have a range set.
But damn, J6M1 indeed doesn't have a range set.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Upgrade Paths
Unfortunately that is not the case on my end
(I believe i have the latest 2b version)
(screenshot attached)
(screenshot attached)
- Attachments
-
- a6m2.jpg (265.87 KiB) Viewed 383 times
RE: Upgrade Paths
As you can see, everything should be correct in my version. John, if you want to, I can place the proper version of the scenario on a file hosting site and give a link here, so it'll be available at least temporarily.

P.S. I wonder what happened to J6M1. It had the correct range in the first version of the scenario...

P.S. I wonder what happened to J6M1. It had the correct range in the first version of the scenario...
- Attachments
-
- Scr08.jpg (227.63 KiB) Viewed 374 times
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Upgrade Paths
Stanilav--That would be GREAT! You should have RA 2b so the files are current. Could you hot link the site here so people know and can access it?
Anyone wanting to be added to the Group Email List, please email me with your info!
Anyone wanting to be added to the Group Email List, please email me with your info!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Links to the Scenario Files
OK, I don't know how good this filesharing service is, because I never used it before, but let's give it a try:
Link to Scen 70, [s]version 2b[/s] now version 2c:
http://www.box.net/shared/lpxmqekvah
Link to the newest air art pack:
http://www.box.net/shared/5kxmbfm2gq
A test run shows that files are downloading normally.
John, I haven't seen any modified ship art in the 2b version of files you've sent me. I thought there were supposed to be some slight modifications...
Link to Scen 70, [s]version 2b[/s] now version 2c:
http://www.box.net/shared/lpxmqekvah
Link to the newest air art pack:
http://www.box.net/shared/5kxmbfm2gq
A test run shows that files are downloading normally.
John, I haven't seen any modified ship art in the 2b version of files you've sent me. I thought there were supposed to be some slight modifications...
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
Thanks for putting it up!
I figured out why i had the a6m2 upgrade to the sen baku: Within the scenario package there is another zip called art update. That seems to be a bit older version, and i extracted that too when i first got the files...
Also, i have a PBEM that is about to start on a bit modified version of this scenario, and i don't want to go ahead with the first turn until i can set the J6M1 right. I know it's no big deal, but it's better having it right, isn't it? Could one of you give me a clue as to the J6M1's range settings? I'm guessing it to be smaller than the J7W1 because of the jet engine, but bigger than the J8M1, because that uses a rocket engine....
Thanks!
I figured out why i had the a6m2 upgrade to the sen baku: Within the scenario package there is another zip called art update. That seems to be a bit older version, and i extracted that too when i first got the files...
Also, i have a PBEM that is about to start on a bit modified version of this scenario, and i don't want to go ahead with the first turn until i can set the J6M1 right. I know it's no big deal, but it's better having it right, isn't it? Could one of you give me a clue as to the J6M1's range settings? I'm guessing it to be smaller than the J7W1 because of the jet engine, but bigger than the J8M1, because that uses a rocket engine....
Thanks!
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
Hehe, i just looked at the start of this thread which states that the J6M is the IJNAF version of the Ki-83
. My mistake was that it's right next to the J7W1 and it has J7W2's picture attached to it (art number 99). After this i just changed the art to the KI-83's and used it's range settings 
Sorry...
Sorry...
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
No problem Sir. I get confused enough as it is whenever I wander off the track of the areas I worked in the Mod! We do appreciate your thorough checking of the files, weapon systems, and other assorted areas. Always good to have another set of eyes look through it.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
-
gajdacs zsolt
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
Well....I uncovered another one:
I'll be a bit more careful in the phrasing of the following bug description
.
In my copy of the supposed latest version of the mod the N1K4-A has an engine set (Ha-45) but the number value is 0.
I'll be a bit more careful in the phrasing of the following bug description
In my copy of the supposed latest version of the mod the N1K4-A has an engine set (Ha-45) but the number value is 0.
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
FatR? Is this an issue?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
I'm afraid yes. Although I don't know if this will make the plane not fly or not require engines for production. Thanks for your attentiveness Zsolo. I'm ashamed that I still missed some bugs (altough I swear J6M had the range set properly in the first version of the mod, don't know what happened since then, because I cannot remember if I ever touched it).
They will be fixed in the new version, that will presumably appear some time later, after we playtest the mod enough.
They will be fixed in the new version, that will presumably appear some time later, after we playtest the mod enough.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
If we make this minor change that wouldn't mean we'd have to do re-starts right? This would be an EASY fix--I think.
Zsolo---KEEP IT UP! I thoroughly like the work you are doing.
Stanislav--Didn't you say you could Post a hot link to a Site for the Mod. Is that still possible?
Zsolo---KEEP IT UP! I thoroughly like the work you are doing.
Stanislav--Didn't you say you could Post a hot link to a Site for the Mod. Is that still possible?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
A game vs. AI will accept these sorts of database changes in the middle of a campaign. PBEM, I think, will not, but how many PBEMs will last until you can produce these planes?..
As about your hotlink request, I'm confused. I've posted links to a filesharing site already and they work.
As about your hotlink request, I'm confused. I've posted links to a filesharing site already and they work.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
Hello,
I'd like to thank you all for making this mod. I always wanted to play scenario with more
reasonable Japan forces.
I'd like to test it soon, but I'm little conused. There are
1. version RA, Mk 2b FINAL!.zip (5.593.304) with RAdmScen-ArtUpdate.zip (but no art files here)
2. version Scen70_ReluctantAdmiral_v3.zip (5.712.128) with many art files.
Which version is intended to play now?
I'd like to thank you all for making this mod. I always wanted to play scenario with more
reasonable Japan forces.
I'd like to test it soon, but I'm little conused. There are
1. version RA, Mk 2b FINAL!.zip (5.593.304) with RAdmScen-ArtUpdate.zip (but no art files here)
2. version Scen70_ReluctantAdmiral_v3.zip (5.712.128) with many art files.
Which version is intended to play now?
═══
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being accurate from the very first move player make. The first unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, means we ride into the unknown.
There is no such thing as a historically accurate strategy game. Every game stops being accurate from the very first move player make. The first unit that moves ahistorically, first battle with non-historical results, means we ride into the unknown.
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
Hello Hanti.
The filesharing that FatR set-up should have everything you need. I haven't used it but know 2b is the most recent version of RA. All the art--except the Agano-CL 4 Turret and Shokaku-Kai--is on the Art Link. I need to get Juan to send those two pieces of art to put into the Mod.
You should be able to run off of those. If there is a problem, please write again here and Stanislav can handle it (I Hope).
The filesharing that FatR set-up should have everything you need. I haven't used it but know 2b is the most recent version of RA. All the art--except the Agano-CL 4 Turret and Shokaku-Kai--is on the Art Link. I need to get Juan to send those two pieces of art to put into the Mod.
You should be able to run off of those. If there is a problem, please write again here and Stanislav can handle it (I Hope).

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Links to the Scenario Files
I don't even know where the version 3 came from. Certainly I newer saw it. Maybe someone just added the art files to the scenario and renamed the archive. Anyway, I'll reupload the finaler-than-final version (including any bugfixes) once we have the ships' art Jonh mentioned.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
