Reluctant Admiral Feedback

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Links to the Scenario Files

Post by John 3rd »

Thanks Stanislav.

Juan---Can you send those two art pieces of Agano and Shokaku-Kai to Stanislav? Please let us know Sir.

Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
JuanG
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:12 pm

RE: Links to the Scenario Files

Post by JuanG »

Hey,

Heres the art files for the ships you wanted.

Juan
Attachments
RAArt.zip
(89.72 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Links to the Scenario Files

Post by John 3rd »

Thanks Juan! Appreciate getting them.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RA 2c

Post by John 3rd »

I am going to do a small set of corrections to 2b. Does anyone have anything important I need to work on for their games?

Points:
1. Juan's Art addition
2. ZSolo's finding of N1K4-A has an engine set (Ha-45) but the number value is 0.

Got some other things to look at and will work on that.

Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RA 2c

Post by John 3rd »

I have gone through and done some fixing to errors found in the database as well as made a couple of other changes. This is what I have done for RA, 2c:

1. J6M range issue fixed
2. N1K4-A engine issue fixed
3. Leaders on Japanese CV TF changed: Ozawa has one section of KB, Yamaguchi the other, Nagumo is at Babeldoap, and Takagi has the CVEs.

CHINA:
I got to thinking about how Yamamoto wanted the Navy out of China to better prepare for the Pacific War and I reflected that by pulling three SNLF out of Kiukang, Nanking, and Anking. They have been replaced by three Army Regiments. The Navy units have been moved to the Marshalls and Paramushiro Jima.

Indochina:
I got some comments from players that they wanted a bit more flexibility with the Japanese Paratroops who were all concentrated. Did this by placing the two Japanese Naval SNLF Paras at Kompong Trach and the larger Army Para unit is now moved to Battambang. Air Transports moved to reflect these changes.



Stanislav has the files and will let people know when the Update is made available. I've also asked Red Lancer to make sure the Art Work is correct and then Stanislav will Post that too...
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Group List

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Have you renamed the SNLF's that were taken out of China?
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Group List

Post by John 3rd »

Hey Terminus.

Considered that but left their names the same so people can recognize the units.

I pulled three regiments from Manchuria and placed them into the towns that lost the SNLF units. This adds about 225 AS to China but the Japanese player must first find a a way to cover the garrison needs of those three cities.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
FatR
Posts: 2522
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 am
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

RE: Group List

Post by FatR »

I only want to say, that I've replaced the link to 2b version of Scen 70 in the post # 309 above with the link to 2c version. Art remains the same so far, therefore no change.
The Reluctant Admiral mod team.

Take a look at the latest released version of the Reluctant Admiral mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: Group List

Post by John 3rd »

When Red Lancer--hopefully--gets the Art taken care of we will Post the info that the files have been updated.

Thanks FatR for getting that done!
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

I got Red Lancer and Stanislav chatting regarding the Art so that is moving forward.

Loaded 2c and noticed that Ozawa didn't come up for KB Command. Felt like an idiot when I realized he was ALSO commanding Southern Fleet. Simple to say I moved him. For those working 2c this is a minor issue but we will fix it and re-post the Scenario. Everything else looks pretty good.

There is now some Japanese Offensive firepower at Saipan and Paramshiro Jima. I moved a couple of those former China SNLF around so the Navy has a bit more strength. PJ got 3, Saipan has 1, and Maleolap got 1 of the units. The Japanese player has the option to use those units in PJ to strengthen the Kuriles or use them in the Aleutians.

The units moved from Manchuria to counter this transfer include 4 Inf Reg (3 of these eventually form an Inf Div) and 1 Cal Reg. Garrisons are fully satisfied and to move these new units out for Offensive use shall take some work and serious re-arrangement within China.

Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

The whole Ozawa commanding in two places at once thing was bothering me enough that I fixed it and sent the replacement files to Stanislav to upload onto the sharing site. It was a very small thing but I decided to simply fix it.

This should be the final version of the Mod unless a major issue is discovered as players work their way deep into the Mod. Anyone finding something, please Post it here.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
dirtyharry500
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:58 pm
Location: France
Contact:

RE: RA, 2c

Post by dirtyharry500 »

RA is a great mod and i'm playng it with pleasure
but what about the secret weapon submarine Class I 400?
it would be amazing if japanese could develop this submarine and the planes associated, isn't it?[8D]
i'm the real slim shady
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

Those SS are still present. I didn't touch the Sub Fleet at all in the Mod. Yamamoto, to my research, never really commented on the I-Boats so I left things as is.

If I had my drothers, a whole bunch of changing would go on but I couldn't justify it within the scope of the Mod.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
dirtyharry500
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:58 pm
Location: France
Contact:

RE: RA, 2c

Post by dirtyharry500 »

Yamamoto, no, because he died before, but his successor did it , unfortunately too late for the japanese and the raid on 1945 of the four I400 class subs ended badly one was captured by the US Navy.
it would be interesting to build the I 400 Class in the game with the appropriate bombers but as specialists said no chance for the empire to change the curse of the war 'cause it was too late in 1943.
could you imagine 4 subs with 4 bombers each close to New york ??
what the hell !!!!
i'm the real slim shady
User avatar
Lecivius
Posts: 4845
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:53 am
Location: Denver

RE: RA, 2c

Post by Lecivius »

I got the Scenario 70 files loaded no problem.  When I unzip the art file, either the one sent or the one on file share, all I have are 3 bitmap images showing Japanese air frames.  Assuming I have this right, where do I put these 3?  If I have it wrong, what & where can I get what I am missing?

<edit> N/M, found it.

Are these 3 bitmaps the only ones I need?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

I've got Red Lancer and FatR working on the artwork. Everything SHOULD be in the folders. Has anyone else had issues?

The only thing missing at this point should be Juan's art for Agano-CL and Shokaku-Kai. It is to be added to the art files while some planes will be moved around for compatability sake.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
gajdacs zsolt
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:29 pm

RE: RA, 2c

Post by gajdacs zsolt »

I've been working on a private mod, based on this one, and noticed some (more) data issues:

First, the Kawachi's 44/2 and 45/1 upgrade adds the Type 13 radar but the number and turret field is 0.

Second, and this is a bit different: While doing some research for my mod I noticed, that 'Akigumo' is a 'Yugumo' class destroyer in the game, while according to http://www.combinedfleet.com/yugumo_n.htm she was of the Kagero class.

Also written here are two puzzling things:
First, the article says, that these destroyers were entering service the same time as the Type 22 and Type 13 radars were becoming available, which is quite interesting considering that we only get these radars at the end of '43. Does anyone know anything why is this so?
(EDIT: I must have misunderstood something as Kaigun's radar page http://www.combinedfleet.com/radar.htm states them to become operational in '44/09 and '43/3 respectively)

Second, the article also says that no 'Yugumos' had their 'X' turrets removed to make space for additional machine guns. In the game this mount gets removed in the 43/12 upgrade.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

Keep finding those errors Good Sir! Appreciate it a bunch.

What are you doing with your Mod?

Those articles sound interesting. Will read then later today.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
User avatar
JWE
Posts: 5039
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:02 pm

RE: RA, 2c

Post by JWE »

Hi John, Don’t know how it is in your mod, but we found a couple more grits with J DDs that we are fixing in DaBabes.
Kagero- Wpn 1, 2 should be 1670 (type C) not 1699 (type B)
Asashio- Wpn 1, 2 should be 1670 (type C) not 1699 (type B)
Shiratsuyu- Wpn 1, 3 should be 1670 (type C) not 1699 (type B) and Wpn 2 should be 1673.
Hatsuharu- Wpn 2 should be 1672.
This has an impact on nominal AA because the type C was an SP mount, while the type B was a DP.

@Zsolo
Thanks for the heads up on Akigumo. If it confirms (no reason why it wouldn’t) we’ll include it in DaBabes.
User avatar
John 3rd
Posts: 17790
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:03 pm
Location: La Salle, Colorado

RE: RA, 2c

Post by John 3rd »

Thanks John. I'll take a look at the database and see what they say. I know Juan fixed a bunch of DD issues with the first version of the Mod but don't know past that.
Image

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Post Reply

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”