Quite a journey

Pacific War is a free update of the old classic, available in our Downloads section.
Post Reply
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

Quite a journey

Post by USSAmerica »

I cannot believe I am still playing a 10 year old computer game! I bought Pacific War as a new release in 1992 and spent 5 years playing it to death. I still can't believe how much patience I had, to sit through 45 minute long combat resolutions on my old 286. Five years later, I came across this treasure of a game with a wonderful face lift provided by Matrix. I have spent the 2 months since then playing my favorite computer wargame again, and reading through this PacWar forum from it's beginning. The discussions contained in it's many pages are informative, helpful, infuriating, and often "laugh out loud" funny! Reading them and seeing this game grow under the care of Matrix and hundreds of caring fans (fanatics?) has been quite a journey.

Matrix, you have sold me! I am starting my second game of Pacific War:The Matrix Edition, while I kill the hours until the UPS man delivers my copy of Uncommon Valor tomorrow. The support and commitment you have shown to your games and the player community forced me to part with my $$$. At my job, I provide customer support for computer software, so I know how valuable it is to the customer, and how rare good support is.

There are many posts here that complain about aspects of this game. I find it amazing that people care enough about a 10 year old computer game to complain. It is painfully obvious to everyone here that all of these complaints are only great fans of the game trying to do everything they can to make it as good as they can. None of them would have anything to say if they were not playing the game, and they would not be playing a 10 year old game if they didn't love it!

Jeremy, I would like to thank you, Mika, Rich, Mike Wood, and everyone involved at Matrix Games for your continued dedication to this classic! For every active participant on these forums, there are dozens of silent PacWarriors out there happily hunting down that last Japanese carrier, or trying to complete the isolation of Australia from the US. All of us have you to thank that this favorite is still playable. It is obvious that you all love this game as much as we do, or you wouldn't put so much time and effort into it. Keep up the great work!

As excited as I am to start playing UV tomorrow, I definately plan to continue enjoying PacWar. You can also count me among the legions awaiting the completion of War in the Pacific. I look forward to all of the future discussions in these forums and maybe even trying my first PBEM game.

USS America, arriving! :cool:
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
buzz21
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:01 am
Location: grand rapids mi.

Good job

Post by buzz21 »

Great post...I also say dido to Matrix and a heck of a great job..And a thumbs up to all you gamers to keep a great game going.And thanks for all the good post,and teaching a old dog new tricks:D
Bernard
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:32 am
Location: Belgium

Post by Bernard »

wait till you replay their pbem games.
plenty of players here.
you'll get a faster beatpulse when you load a game then whatyou got WITh Ai....
wELCOMe and nice mail.
Ben

Verzage ni
Post Reply

Return to “Pacific War: The Matrix Edition”