ORIGINAL: SoliInvictus202
congratulations on taking Java - any plans yet on where to use those immense numbers of troops that will be free after the invasion - or did you already mention that and I simply overlooked it?
any ambitions in the Fiji/Tahiti Area? - or is your next target mainland India?
SolInvictus
Solinvintus, Thanks a lot for your post.
I posted about my second phase (post 721), but I will resume for you, of course:
48th Infantry division will garrison Java Island (Batavia-Soerabaja) and will rest/training and will take reemplacements to be strategic reserve for Southern Area Army at S.R.A.
XVI Army, with 2nd and 38th Division plus 8th Tank Regiment, one engineer, one mortar and one ind arty regiment will be shipped to South China to support my great offensive in this theatre.
Guards Division will be shipped to Burma.
Several indpendent bns will garrison few strategic bases (Dampassar, Tjilitjap, Bandoeng...)
I have not any ambitions over Fidji area.. I am fortifying heavily at South Seas with XVII ARMY ground forces (20th, 8th, 14th, 4th I.Divs) / 11st Air Fleet air assets behind fortress like Port Moresby, Rabaul, Munda, Milne Bay, Shortlands, etc.. all of them planned to be under forty size 5 before enemy will begin counterstrike in this theatre. Several supply/troops convoys are on transit to south seas with more support/IJN elements.
At Burma Theatre, remember we are very restricted by HRs, but i can say that I will not cross the border, but I will fortify Indian-burma border with elements from 33rd, 18th, 56 Infantry Divisions. 5th and Guards will be Reserves in this theatre, with all my tank regiments (three) like mobile reserve at rearguard. 3rd AirDivision assets will launch agressive campaign against Airfields into India to fight for the air supremacy. Near to 100 more aircrafts will be deployed there after the end of the Java campaign.
Best wishes,
Ramón