ORIGINAL: Mus
Russia should be aggressively operating against Austrian supply lines with Cossacks.
Just a turn or two of severed lines to large formations can cripple.
That sounds good to me. Austria's supply lines are very short in this war-so far. Russian cavalry is very welcome right now as I really have very little-one good irregular and 2 somewhat worthless irregular.
What is the Russian OOB like?
I still can't see all of the Russian Army. From what I have seen so far is that it is still not concentrated into armies. For our alliance to have any value (IMO) Russia needs to concentrate at least one full army to maneuver with Ottoman forces. I would think that a force of 480,000 troops can handle the Austrian Army. One other thing I'm hoping to get from Russia is enough troops to safeguard the supply base.
Game sounds interesting. I am surprised that Sweden is willing to betray Britain like this. Clearly Britain, after hurting Spain a bit in Italy, can switch forces to the that AO and put severe hurting on Sweden by landing in Karlsrona and seizing the Swedish fleet and merchant marine. A little chunk of Denmark is kind of a booby prize in the face of the damage Britain can do.
King Andrew of Sweden must be counting on Prussian help-otherwise his action would seem rather suicidal. It is very likely that the British Army is heading to Sweden at this time.
The game has gotten even more interesting-and the pace has picked up quit a bit. There has been several real surprises recently-not the least of which is how Austria is clinging on.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.
Thomas Jefferson