Windows 7

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Post Reply
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

Windows 7

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-I just got Windows 7 Home Premium. Before I install it I'd like to know if there are any problems to look out for?

I will install on 2 PCs and a laptop. Laptop runs Vista, others XP. I've got plenty of Ram, etc.

Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Windows 7

Post by DuckofTindalos »

None.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
Alfred
Posts: 6683
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by Alfred »

For playing games, two issues you might care to bear in mind.

1. Don't install games to Program directory.

2. Many games need divx 9.0c. Install it to avoid problems. Win7 can have both 9.0c and 10 installed without creating problems.

Alfred
User avatar
lordxorn
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:18 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by lordxorn »

I run WITP:AE just fine in Win7 64bit
Mac Linehan
Posts: 1519
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:08 pm
Location: Denver Colorado

RE: Windows 7

Post by Mac Linehan »

Gents -

I was running AE under win7 xp virtual computer mode. If AE runs under native win7 I will be a very happy camper.

>> Gents - It does run just fine under w7.

T - the Master has Spoken; I can but gravel at your feet...

a delighted Mac
LAV-25 2147
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by hbrsvl »

A further question re installation of AE after loading Windows 7.

I have been told by my computer guru( retired USAF Msgt in electronics) that installing Win.7 means I lose all programs, i.e. I have to reinstall AE.

If I do that, what(or which) patches do I need to install? Will the latest v. give me all the updates? If not one, which ones?

Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: Windows 7

Post by VSWG »

This patch will provide you with all updates:

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/351 ... 7s.Edition
Image
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by hbrsvl »

VSWG: Thanks.HB
hbrsvl
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by hbrsvl »

Hi-Further comments .
1. Installed Win.7 on my laptop. AOK.
2. My problem with this installation is the screen size. It is very much smaller that either XP or Vista. (It hurts these old eyes.) Is there any solution to this? My desktop setting is 860x740(or whatever is largest size.)
3. Solutions, anyone?

Thanks, Hugh Browne
hbrsvl
Wolfpack1
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:41 am
Location: Germany

RE: Windows 7

Post by Wolfpack1 »

Hugh,

check your laptop, it should have a device for an external screen.
Just get yourself an additional screen and play AE on the external
screen and maybe TRACKER on the laptop screen.

Regards
Oliver
hbrsvl
Posts: 1155
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:29 am

RE: Windows 7

Post by hbrsvl »

Oliver-Thanks, I'll check it out. HB
hbrsvl
Post Reply

Return to “Tech Support”