THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli



Holiday Inn Express off exit 128 on I-5.


Damn.. you're making me look up exit numbers... that's Lakewood, about 25 miles from me.
For the love of Pete, why doncha two go out for a beer or somethin'?

I dont know who Pete is, and I certainly dont know who or why would love him, but I agree on the beer. 25 miles is a trifling distance for a brew with a Threadster. [&o]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

Not that easy for me.  No vehicle & I have no idea when this chatter will end.  It's been pretty long evenings so far.
 
Just getting to the motel from the airport was a $70 taxi ride.  Ouch.  I could have gotten a rental for $120 for the week.  Geez, the military mind.  Trying to save a buck.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

Understood, Major Mike... I'd be willing to stake you to dinner (reasonable restaurant) if you get out of your meetings at a reasonable time - I work until 7PM tonight and it would take at leat 30 minutes to get up there. However, I can't come on base to pick you up - it would have to be a meet elsewhere...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by scott64 »

Holiday Inn Express off exit 128 on I-5.
Now everyone, show up at 7pm exactly. [:D][:'(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: The Thread!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

Mike probably realizes that it could be detrimental to his security rating to be seen anywhere near a base with the Thread's Left Coast Hippy Historian...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good evening - Tithe. [&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

I know that I said I was working until 7pm, but it looks like I finished early tonight. Headed for home and my PBEM turn...
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Morning Tithe...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
AW1Steve
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:32 am
Location: Mordor aka Illlinois

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AW1Steve »

And I'll say good night ![:D] [>:][>:][>:]
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Mynok


Erm.....no, but I'm sure you can find one online. [:'(]

Like one without your fingerprints on it? [;)]

No. Flamethrowers are earther weapons. Now if he had asked about a death ray.....[:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Morning Tithe...

Have a good day, T. I know. Tall order. Remember it is Friday. [;)]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Morning tithe.

Trip to France postponed until spring. Caused by the car rental firm inability to provide either a 4WD or a car with snow tires, combined with snow/road conditions in the Ardennes.

I see you guys had a real post(/spam)fest yesterday evening. [:)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: USS America
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli




Damn, you must be psychic! How did you do that!?
Watch this for an encore (presses hand to forehead, eyes unfocused, speaks in far-away monotone):

My psychic powers tell me that USSAmerica and AW1 Steve are ordering their forces to run away in our 2x2 PBEM...

[:'(]


[X(]

Have you hidden a webcam in my office??? [:D]

EDIT: BTW, I'm not running away, it's a tactical maneuver! [8D]
You mean you are attacking in an undefended direction? [:'(]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

ORIGINAL: USS America

 [:D]

You guys are nuts[:D]
You've realized that just now? [:D]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi a,,
ORIGINAL: Mynok
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Morning Tithe...

Have a good day, T. I know. Tall order. Remember it is Friday. [;)]

1 degree Centigrade here... drizzle again... some snow / rain on street and cars...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

World Cup in Russia in 2018 [:(]


Does this mean the Germans will finally reach Moscow?
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

Its a Marshmallow world, well at least in Europe [:)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDojaTFE ... re=related
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

And Good Morning to you all [8D]
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

Good morning from a chilly office
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”