THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

No winter tires in Chicago?!?!?

But the winters and snow there are regular and harsh!

That's what salt and snow ploughs are for.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

ORIGINAL: Dixie

World Cup in Russia in 2018 [:(]


Does this mean the Germans will finally reach Moscow?
LOL! [:D]


I dare you to make that joke at one of the games. Soccer fans accumulating in large numbers in one place already create so much fun as it is...... [X(] [:D]
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: log!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: VSWG

ORIGINAL: Dixie

World Cup in Russia in 2018 [:(]


Does this mean the Germans will finally reach Moscow?
LOL! [:D]


I dare you to make that joke at one of the games. Soccer fans accumulating in large numbers in one place already create so much fun as it is...... [X(] [:D]

If I was going then I probably would, but I don't want to be killed by the Russian mafia [:D] I think Russia is very much on the list of countries that HMG would prefer me not to visit anyway.

Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Thread!!!

Post by Dixie »

Dammit.  SLR 
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: log!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Most football games are peaceful, unless you go looking for trouble...

Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by scott64 »

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Tithe... [&o]

8-day vacations starts...



...wait for it...



NOW!! [:D]
I have two days left. [:(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by scott64 »

ORIGINAL: scott1964

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Tithe... [&o]

8-day vacations starts...



...wait for it...



NOW!! [:D]
I have two days left. [:(]
Until the start of the year and its back to 4 weeks. [:)]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: sprior
BTW, we here change our car tires to "winter" tires in early November (from "summer" tires). IIRC there is no such switch in England (and the "winter" tires are virtually unknown). Is this true / correct?

That is correct. I never switched in Chicago and nobody I knew did either.

No winter tires in Chicago?!?!?

But the winters and snow there are regular and harsh! [X(]

They have proper snow clearing equipment in Chicago.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

we need more snow!
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by scott64 »

What snow? [:'(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

The SLR snow.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: sprior
BTW, we here change our car tires to "winter" tires in early November (from "summer" tires). IIRC there is no such switch in England (and the "winter" tires are virtually unknown). Is this true / correct?

That is correct. I never switched in Chicago and nobody I knew did either.

After the advent of radial tires, my father stopped buying studded snow tires. We lived in northern New York State. I believe they are illegal in Ontario.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

I don't worry about snow tires in Florida![:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: scott1964

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Tithe... [&o]

8-day vacations starts...



...wait for it...



NOW!! [:D]
I have two days left. [:(]

14 more days (10 work days) left for me, until I start my 17 day vacation. [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: The SNOW THREAD!!!!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: scott1964

What snow? [:'(]

EXACTLY!

everyone keeps predicting we are going to get socked this year because of la ninya but so far its not been much more than a light dusting.

User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: scott1964

ORIGINAL: VSWG

Tithe... [&o]

8-day vacations starts...



...wait for it...



NOW!! [:D]
I have two days left. [:(]

14 more days (10 work days) left for me, until I start my 17 day vacation. [8D]

Yeah, but you are probably going to spend it in some hockey rink somewhere.
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: scott1964



I have two days left. [:(]

14 more days (10 work days) left for me, until I start my 17 day vacation. [8D]

Yeah, but you are probably going to spend it in some hockey rink somewhere.

Actually, my son didn't want to do a holiday hockey camp this year, so I anticipate LOTS of leisure time. We may go to a Hurricanes game or two. [:)]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

SLR's aside, it's good to see you about, Brother Nik!  [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
ORIGINAL: USS America




14 more days (10 work days) left for me, until I start my 17 day vacation. [8D]

Yeah, but you are probably going to spend it in some hockey rink somewhere.

Actually, my son didn't want to do a holiday hockey camp this year, so I anticipate LOTS of leisure time. We may go to a Hurricanes game or two. [:)]

By the way, I forgot the smiley......[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
User avatar
BrucePowers
Posts: 12090
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:13 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by BrucePowers »

ORIGINAL: USS America

SLR's aside, it's good to see you about, Brother Nik!  [8D]

We can deal with log......[:D]
For what we are about to receive, may we be truly thankful.

Lieutenant Bush - Captain Horatio Hornblower by C S Forester
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”