THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

SLR ...

Logging SLRs aside, it's nice to see you back Nik. Have missed your somewhat "wacky" posts. [:)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: LOG!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Nikademus




Like when LeBron James pre-empts sports Television for an hour just to announce that he's moving to another team. [:)]
"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.


If only i'd been blessed with the ability to dribble. I'd be a billionaire.



so at age 85 or so, you should be set... [;)]
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

dammit...SLR
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
anarchyintheuk
Posts: 3958
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 7:08 pm
Location: Dallas

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by anarchyintheuk »

We've become sloppy in Nik's absence.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk


ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy


"What should I do?" "What should I do?" [:@] I'll tell you what you should do, you sellout. Stick your head in a blender, that's what.

I have no idea who that is or what he's done.

NBA player who went from Cleveland to Miami (can't really blame him for geographical/terrain reasons). The manner in which he did it was the issue more than the actual changing of teams.

The Nike ad campaign and the spoofs of it are unintentionally hilarious for the former and just hilarious for the latter.
This is a fair and charitable rendition of the situation.

James isn't to be faulted for his money grubbing antics-all athletes are like that at some level. Rather, his faux angst and pseudo guilt over making the decision. Basically kicking loyal fans from Cleveland to the curb and then following it up with a 60 minute prime time infomercial filled with pandering platitudes, false introspection ("What should I do?" [8|]) and crocodile tears for his plight. All this after he had already made his choice to follow the money.

Fans of Cleveland had been told and experienced how LeBron James was different. That he really wanted to help Cleveland for the long run and that he was willing to stick around there and build a dynasty in a town that gets little respect. He connected with the fans in a way that only a locally loyal sports legend can. He was "King James" to Clevelanders.

Then he sold out. Oopsey. [:-]



ETA: Here's an interview / video montage homage from the fans of Cleveland to "King James" on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F959ukD6nBc
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

We've become sloppy in Nik's absence.
Naw. Just that Kwik E Mart noob. [:'(]
Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
This is a fair and charitable rendition of the situation.

James isn't to be faulted for his money grubbing antics-all athletes are like that at some level. Rather, his faux angst and pseudo guilt over making the decision. Basically kicking loyal fans from Cleveland to the curb and then following it up with a 60 minute prime time infomercial filled with pandering platitudes, false introspection ("What should I do?" [8|]) and crocodile tears for his plight. All this after he had already made his choice to follow the money.

Fans of Cleveland had been told and experienced how LeBron James was different. That he really wanted to help Cleveland for the long run and that he was willing to stick around there and build a dynasty in a town that gets little respect. He connected with the fans in a way that only a locally loyal sports legend can. He was "King James" to Clevelanders.

Then he sold out. Oopsey. [:-]



ETA: Here's an interview / video montage homage from the fans of Cleveland to "King James" on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F959ukD6nBc

Like one sports writer put it....it wasn't that he left Cleveland, it was "how" he left though the writer acknowledges that it makes for a convenient justification to be pissed off.

One might comment about James' attempt to buy into a championship but at the same time, he did spend 7 years of his career in Cleveland and something just wasn't getting done, not all of it his fault.

To think though that one can just put 3 high profile players on one "super" team (ha!) and create a championship is rather naieve.

User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Nik-what should I do? Should I SLR? [:'(]
Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

worship wood!

thats what you should do
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Nik-what should I do? Should I SLR? [:'(]

Should I quote myself? Do I need to remind you that I've been here before?
Image
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Nik-what should I do? Should I SLR? [:'(]

Should I quote myself? Do I need to remind you that I've been here before?

I believe a loquatious response is in order here. [;)]
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

A log-quatious response is never in order, sir. [:'(]
Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

We've become sloppy in Nik's absence.

I think it was one of those "cunning plans." [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

l o g !

Post by Nikademus »

like a pitbull focused on a tennis ball.....i lie in wait for the guard to be dropped...then i STRIKE!

User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

like a pitbull focused on a tennis ball.....i lie in wait for the guard to be dropped...then i STRIKE!


Like a manatee...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk


ORIGINAL: Dixie




I have no idea who that is or what he's done.

NBA player who went from Cleveland to Miami (can't really blame him for geographical/terrain reasons). The manner in which he did it was the issue more than the actual changing of teams.

The Nike ad campaign and the spoofs of it are unintentionally hilarious for the former and just hilarious for the latter.
This is a fair and charitable rendition of the situation.

James isn't to be faulted for his money grubbing antics-all athletes are like that at some level. Rather, his faux angst and pseudo guilt over making the decision. Basically kicking loyal fans from Cleveland to the curb and then following it up with a 60 minute prime time infomercial filled with pandering platitudes, false introspection ("What should I do?" [8|]) and crocodile tears for his plight. All this after he had already made his choice to follow the money.

Fans of Cleveland had been told and experienced how LeBron James was different. That he really wanted to help Cleveland for the long run and that he was willing to stick around there and build a dynasty in a town that gets little respect. He connected with the fans in a way that only a locally loyal sports legend can. He was "King James" to Clevelanders.

Then he sold out. Oopsey. [:-]



ETA: Here's an interview / video montage homage from the fans of Cleveland to "King James" on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F959ukD6nBc

Just one point of clarification, he didn't leave to chase the money. Cleveland could have paid him more than every other team in the league was allowed to under their collective bargaining agreement. He did, however, leave to chase a ring.... and didn't do it very well at all.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: l o g !

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

like a Frenchman.....i lie in wait for the guard to be dropped...then i STRIKE!


And maybe blockade a port? Set fire to any nearby cars? [:'(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

RE: l o g !

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

like a Frenchman.....i lie in wait for the guard to be dropped...then i STRIKE!


And maybe blockade a port? Set fire to any nearby cars? [:'(]

pfff....they think they got problems?? I don't even get to 'retire'

User avatar
Nikademus
Posts: 22517
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 8:00 am
Location: Alien spacecraft

log!

Post by Nikademus »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

We've become sloppy in Nik's absence.

I think it was one of those "cunning plans." [:D]

not really.....just been super busy. Besides which.....after 8 years, i think i deserved a break. I am such a loquatious guy after all. [:D]
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: USS America

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk





NBA player who went from Cleveland to Miami (can't really blame him for geographical/terrain reasons). The manner in which he did it was the issue more than the actual changing of teams.

The Nike ad campaign and the spoofs of it are unintentionally hilarious for the former and just hilarious for the latter.
This is a fair and charitable rendition of the situation.

James isn't to be faulted for his money grubbing antics-all athletes are like that at some level. Rather, his faux angst and pseudo guilt over making the decision. Basically kicking loyal fans from Cleveland to the curb and then following it up with a 60 minute prime time infomercial filled with pandering platitudes, false introspection ("What should I do?" [8|]) and crocodile tears for his plight. All this after he had already made his choice to follow the money.

Fans of Cleveland had been told and experienced how LeBron James was different. That he really wanted to help Cleveland for the long run and that he was willing to stick around there and build a dynasty in a town that gets little respect. He connected with the fans in a way that only a locally loyal sports legend can. He was "King James" to Clevelanders.

Then he sold out. Oopsey. [:-]



ETA: Here's an interview / video montage homage from the fans of Cleveland to "King James" on the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F959ukD6nBc

Just one point of clarification, he didn't leave to chase the money. Cleveland could have paid him more than every other team in the league was allowed to under their collective bargaining agreement. He did, however, leave to chase a ring.... and didn't do it very well at all.
Of course he left to chase the money, Mike.

Sure, Cleveland coulda woulda shoulda pre-empted this whole discussion by dumping more cash on the situation, but they didn'ta. If you think it's not about the money, then why didn't James take the lowest bid with the highest likelihood of being competitive for a win? I suspect if they paid next to nothing for him, the Lakers, Celtics or Spurs would have been thrilled to get him (along with everyone else).

No, his priority was 1. Money 2. Attention / egotism 3. Quest for 'a ring' 4. Wanting to have fun with some of his buds in Miami in that order.

It's always about the money with these guys until they sign a contract basically giving their services for free to a great team. That almost never happens.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”