THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Unbelieveable...why does a comment like that make you sooo angry Terminus? why do you think its so sad Apollo?

Joel Billings stated on the 30th November that a 43-45 WITW game could be the next project possibly followed by a North African game etc.

Maybe the question was tongue in cheek, may be it was just plain good ol' fashioned eagerness for a project that grabs the imagination but even if it was neither, why can't it be asked without you pouring a bucket of cold water over everything? Total and utter over reaction as usual.....

Robert, the problem is that people are never satisfied - you give them a finger - they want whole hand... [:(]

Even before they had a chance to play WitE they are asking for WitW... [8|]

On a side note I was involved with WitE for 2 years and the development was taking place years before I come on board... Kristian ("Terminus") was similarly involved with WitP-AE...

Thus, what we are saying is that those things take years and years to develop and test (2-3-4-5 years [X(]) and that people demand things now / immediately... this is what upset us...


Leo "Apollo11"
Warspite1

Leo, if another game was being demanded I would understand the frustration, but that (i.e. a demand) is not how I read the initial post. Furthermore the question was posed on the back of an announcement from Joel Billings. The reaction it got was imo uncalled for.

I took part in that thread subsequently, so when you referred to "individuals" I assumed that included me - and which is why I posted. Working, in my own small way on MWIF since 2008, I have done my fair share of trying to persuade those who want a game yesterday and then start slagging off matrix (accusing them of not wanting the game to come out [8|]), the developers and uncle Tom Cobley and all when they do not get it, that they are not being helpful or realistic.

I do understand that these games are not the work of a moment, but are the result of a lot of hard work, time and effort, by testers and programmers. I saw that thread as nothing more than a high level wish list while counting down the days to the game's release - nothing more, nothing less.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

I see "our friend" is back again...[8|]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Leo, if another game was being demanded I would understand the frustration, but that (i.e. a demand) is not how I read the initial post. Furthermore the question was posed on the back of an announcement from Joel Billings. The reaction it got was imo uncalled for.

I took part in that thread subsequently, so when you referred to "individuals" I assumed that included me - and which is why I posted. Working, in my own small way on MWIF since 2008, I have done my fair share of trying to persuade those who want a game yesterday and then start slagging off matrix (accusing them of not wanting the game to come out [8|]), the developers and uncle Tom Cobley and all when they do not get it, that they are not being helpful or realistic.

I do understand that these games are not the work of a moment, but are the result of a lot of hard work, time and effort, by testers and programmers. I saw that thread as nothing more than a high level wish list while counting down the days to the game's release - nothing more, nothing less.

Robert, I am not Kristian but I was referring to thread starter and immediate responses afterwards (i.e. "individuals") - you were not there when Kristian wrote.

To me it all sounded as I already described here previously... wanting something new / more without even having chance to try what will available in short time... [8|]

I my remarks offended someone I am sorry - but I am deeply surprised by such requests (and I still consider it as request)...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
warspite1
Posts: 42130
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:06 pm
Location: England

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by warspite1 »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: warspite1

Leo, if another game was being demanded I would understand the frustration, but that (i.e. a demand) is not how I read the initial post. Furthermore the question was posed on the back of an announcement from Joel Billings. The reaction it got was imo uncalled for.

I took part in that thread subsequently, so when you referred to "individuals" I assumed that included me - and which is why I posted. Working, in my own small way on MWIF since 2008, I have done my fair share of trying to persuade those who want a game yesterday and then start slagging off matrix (accusing them of not wanting the game to come out [8|]), the developers and uncle Tom Cobley and all when they do not get it, that they are not being helpful or realistic.

I do understand that these games are not the work of a moment, but are the result of a lot of hard work, time and effort, by testers and programmers. I saw that thread as nothing more than a high level wish list while counting down the days to the game's release - nothing more, nothing less.

Robert, I am not Kristian but I was referring to thread starter and immediate responses afterwards (i.e. "individuals") - you were not there when Kristian wrote.

To me it all sounded as I already described here previously... wanting something new / more without even having chance to try what will available in short time... [8|]

I my remarks offended someone I am sorry - but I am deeply surprised by such requests (and I still consider it as request)...


Leo "Apollo11"
Warspite1

Okay Leo - fair enough [:)]
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: sprior
And a shrubbery!



Image


Image

Can I have that? Pretty please?
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

Even before they had a chance to play WitE they are asking for WitW...

I hate to say this but not everybody is enamored of the eastern front. I for one would rather see a NA or WF game. I'm still waiting for The Gamers OCS version of the western front. I did see a hand drawn version of it at Homer. And yes I have DAK and have played it.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Look what I found!
Look what i found!!

Image
Attachments
Fluffyclo..withtoe.jpg
Fluffyclo..withtoe.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 265 times
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: sprior

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: sprior





Image


Image

Can I have that? Pretty please?

If you want it then I suppose so. As long as I can have another turn [:'(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

Just about to send.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

Sent
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Look what I found!
Look what i found!!

Image

Fluffy?

Oh my... it is alive... it started all over again... [X(]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Look what I found!
Look what i found!!

Image

Now one has to ask one's self, did the dog look like that before, or after he bit T's toe? Image
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
AFA
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:44 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AFA »

Nice Dog... Nice Dog....
 
 
What kind of dog is it by the way?
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Fluffy! Who's a good hellspawn? Who's a good hellspawn?

YOU ARE!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: AFA

Nice Dog... Nice Dog....


What kind of dog is it by the way?
An ugly one!! [:D]*

Technically, it is a "Chinese Crested Hairless".


(*He won "World's Ugliest Dog" for several years running, and has a creditable claim on "World's Ugliest Dog - Ever"! [:D]
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

If you want it then I suppose so. As long as I can have another turn

How do I make it appear in my sig? I've put it on photobucket.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
AFA
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:44 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by AFA »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Fluffy! Who's a good hellspawn? Who's a good hellspawn?

YOU ARE!



The nature of Hellspawn as generals in Hell's army is threefold. Either the Spawn will be a successful murderer and will use its energy to kill innocent and evil alike, thereby providing hell with more souls. Or it will try to do good by killing bad people.

Were do you think I will start?
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

ORIGINAL: sprior
If you want it then I suppose so. As long as I can have another turn

How do I make it appear in my sig? I've put it on photobucket.

Get the direct link to it and stick it between a set of image tags.
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

[8|]

Image
Attachments
6A5CCCBCCC..F222E87F.jpg
6A5CCCBCCC..F222E87F.jpg (2.73 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
UniformYankee
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by UniformYankee »

ORIGINAL: AFA
Were do you think I will start?

Well at least this time you're not trying to hide - but I doubt that will increase your longgevity.[:-]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”