THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: sprior
Even before they had a chance to play WitE they are asking for WitW...

I hate to say this but not everybody is enamored of the eastern front. I for one would rather see a NA or WF game. I'm still waiting for The Gamers OCS version of the western front. I did see a hand drawn version of it at Homer. And yes I have DAK and have played it.
I agree with my lime-enhanced colleague. The Eastern front just doesn't hold that much interest to me. Akin to the US Civil War-never did a darn thing for me in terms of military history or gaming. Personal taste, I guess. I would be much more interested in any Western front / Med game that arose.

Simon: I must say that that's a splendid shrubbery. With a path running down the middle. Not too expensive, I hope?
Image
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Look what I found!
Look what i found!!

Image

Fluffy! The MAD defense against The Toe. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

Good morning tithe...

Regular PBEM turn off...awaiting a few final inputs from Mars for the 2x2 PBEM. Lunch and football soon. [8D]
Image
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: sprior
Even before they had a chance to play WitE they are asking for WitW...

I hate to say this but not everybody is enamored of the eastern front. I for one would rather see a NA or WF game. I'm still waiting for The Gamers OCS version of the western front. I did see a hand drawn version of it at Homer. And yes I have DAK and have played it.
I agree with my lime-enhanced colleague. The Eastern front just doesn't hold that much interest to me. Akin to the US Civil War-never did a darn thing for me in terms of military history or gaming. Personal taste, I guess. I would be much more interested in any Western front / Med game that arose.

Simon: I must say that that's a splendid shrubbery. With a path running down the middle. Not too expensive, I hope?

As for me, I'm interested in any game that covers a conflict I don't know much about. That's why I bought RUS, and why I would like to see a proper grand strategy game covering the Seven-Years War, the Thirty-Years War or the Hundred-Years War.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Dad's Army film is on.

Capt Mainwaring: Wonderful example of British improvisation that (Dunkirk), getting our chaps out.
Sgt Wilson: Shame we couldn't improvise a way of keeping them there...
[:D]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Fantastic series...[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
rtrapasso
Posts: 22655
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:31 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by rtrapasso »

I'm interested in any game that covers a conflict I don't know much about. That's why I bought RUS, and why I would like to see a proper grand strategy game covering the Seven-Years War, the Thirty-Years War or the Hundred-Years War.

The Hundred-Years War with one day turns? ooooh.... [:D]
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Are we grognards or not?[;)]

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

a proper grand strategy game covering the Seven-Years War, the Thirty-Years War or the Hundred-Years War.

Right with you there, sir. I fear the historical data might be a bit limited for the latter two (the most interesting).
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

Tithe... [&o]
Image
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

New page. [8D]
Image
User avatar
VSWG
Posts: 3217
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 5:04 pm
Location: Germany

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by VSWG »

How about a game about the soccer war? It would have two parts: at first a soccer game, then a (rather short) war game! That would pander to two target groups at once. Should be a commercial success... [;)]
Image
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

As for me, I'm interested in any game that covers a conflict I don't know much about. That's why I bought RUS, and why I would like to see a proper grand strategy game covering the Seven-Years War, the Thirty-Years War or the Hundred-Years War.

Have you looked at Red Sash Games?
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
sprior
Posts: 8298
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:38 pm
Location: Portsmouth, UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by sprior »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Dad's Army film is on.

Capt Mainwaring: Wonderful example of British improvisation that (Dunkirk), getting our chaps out.
Sgt Wilson: Shame we couldn't improvise a way of keeping them there...
[:D]

I just recorded Hitler:My Part in His Downfall, not as funny as the book but still amusing.

I have 4 or 5 series of Dads Army on DVD I found in the remaindered bin at Blockbuster
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Evening tithe.

I have a very strange schedule tomorrow. I start at 3:30 AM. [X(][>:]

Of course I wont be able to fall asleep tonight, given that I am usually a diurnal creature (and not much of a morning person either).

So this'll be interesting.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Terminus
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: sprior



I hate to say this but not everybody is enamored of the eastern front. I for one would rather see a NA or WF game. I'm still waiting for The Gamers OCS version of the western front. I did see a hand drawn version of it at Homer. And yes I have DAK and have played it.
I agree with my lime-enhanced colleague. The Eastern front just doesn't hold that much interest to me. Akin to the US Civil War-never did a darn thing for me in terms of military history or gaming. Personal taste, I guess. I would be much more interested in any Western front / Med game that arose.

Simon: I must say that that's a splendid shrubbery. With a path running down the middle. Not too expensive, I hope?

As for me, I'm interested in any game that covers a conflict I don't know much about. That's why I bought RUS, and why I would like to see a proper grand strategy game covering the Seven-Years War, the Thirty-Years War or the Hundred-Years War.


I'd love to see a WITP level game for the Napoleonic wars as well. That and the Seven Years War would be my wish - as long as they both included the whole naval arena.
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Look what I found!
Look what i found!!

Image

Now one has to ask one's self, did the dog look like that before, or after he bit T's toe? Image

Are you suggesting that biting T causes a reaction similar to Insanity Wood?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
bradfordkay
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
Location: Olympia, WA

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by bradfordkay »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso



Look what i found!!

Image

Now one has to ask one's self, did the dog look like that before, or after he bit T's toe? Image

Are you suggesting that biting T causes a reaction similar to Insanity Wood?


Worse than that... it causes your hair to fall out and your skin to take on the appearance of burned leather. [;)]
fair winds,
Brad
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: AFA

Nice Dog... Nice Dog....


What kind of dog is it by the way?

Dude, seriously? [8|]


1) Its reptiles like you that give the rest of us left-leaning folk a bad name.

2) Is your life really so pathetically empty that you come back under a different name 2 days after being kicked out for violating a pretty elastic forum policy? Not only that, but you come back with an avatar thats supposed to demonstrate to us how painful it is for you to look at the avatar of that other idiot who has the EU symbol crossed out? OK, you've made your point. Youre both douchebags. Would you please go away now?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”