THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]


Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.

This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.

Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!

Regards,

- Erik



Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Nice!
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16734
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

I know what I'm asking for for Christmas. [:D]  Sounds like fun stuff.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Struggling with a mild cold on a Monday afternoon at the office.  Ugh!  [>:]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Post-First-Gym-Session-In-Two-Months and Pre-Unadulterated-Agony Tithes.
Better living through chemistry, dude. Stretching, NSAIDs, heat and time. Oh, maybe a nice bourbon too.
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Post work tithe. 11 hours.... [>:]

Brain fried.......
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Early morning title... Had to get our 15 year-old cat put to sleep yesterday, as he had cancer of the liver, and had stopped eating. I held him while the Vet give him the shot, and felt his life leave him. I hope today is a better day, and think I will have a Scotch after dinner tonight for my friend.

Sorry to hear that, buddy. [:(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Parole - Tithe. [&o]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Apparently there is now an American version of Top Gear. Why cant we just leave other peoples' stuff alone? Its not like it will be anywhere near as good. [8|]

It seems to work the other way also. I watched a couple of episodes of Law and Order UK. It just isn't as good as Sam Waterson, Jerry Orbach and company were.

Shows like Lawn and Order only work in places that have the Bronx and east LA and such. I just dont see it in a country where crminals doff their hats and beg your pardon before breaking and entering. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Fluffy's back!!![X(] Ack!!! No. I thought a peace treaty was signed. Where did I put the door key to my bunker!!!![X(][:D]

I kinda feel like Belgium when France and Germany get into a shooting war. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: AFA

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo


Dude, seriously? [8|]


1) Its reptiles like you that give the rest of us left-leaning folk a bad name.

2) Is your life really so pathetically empty that you come back under a different name 2 days after being kicked out for violating a pretty elastic forum policy? Not only that, but you come back with an avatar thats supposed to demonstrate to us how painful it is for you to look at the avatar of that other idiot who has the EU symbol crossed out? OK, you've made your point. Youre both douchebags. Would you please go away now?



Yes, my cousin will get his ordinal account re-opened again today if Erik maintain his November 29th decision, and in that case I will refrain from using this account. If I have any game related questions I usually just ask him and he post the questions with his own account. That makes this account pointless, I just made it as he informed me that his IP was blocked and his account suspended for a week. He bought a program to allow him to type in nearly any IP he like ect but I told him to instead mail Erik as it was the deal the two of them had made. So, if everything work's out as decided by Erik then you wont need to see me around. [:)][;)]

Grow up and get a life.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: AFA

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo


Dude, seriously? [8|]


1) Its reptiles like you that give the rest of us left-leaning folk a bad name.

2) Is your life really so pathetically empty that you come back under a different name 2 days after being kicked out for violating a pretty elastic forum policy? Not only that, but you come back with an avatar thats supposed to demonstrate to us how painful it is for you to look at the avatar of that other idiot who has the EU symbol crossed out? OK, you've made your point. Youre both douchebags. Would you please go away now?



Yes, my cousin will get his ordinal account re-opened again today if Erik maintain his November 29th decision, and in that case I will refrain from using this account. If I have any game related questions I usually just ask him and he post the questions with his own account. That makes this account pointless, I just made it as he informed me that his IP was blocked and his account suspended for a week. He bought a program to allow him to type in nearly any IP he like ect but I told him to instead mail Erik as it was the deal the two of them had made. So, if everything work's out as decided by Erik then you wont need to see me around. [:)][;)]

Grow up and get a life.
Word.
Image
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101206/sc ... kookaburra

I dont jknow why, but this reminded me that I miss naked animal contests. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Good night gents [>:][>:][>:]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
scott64
Posts: 4019
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by scott64 »

What to do..Civ 5, SimCity 4, Fallout 3, Victoria 2, EU 3, or something else waiting for 2 more AE turns to show up. [8|][X(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me


Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Morning Tithe...
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Post work tithe [&o]

And bugger me it was cold last night.  Especially at 0330 when they wanted an aircraft de-icing.  I lost the feeling in my hands despite wearing gloves and holding onto the pipework carrying the heated de-icing fluid [:(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Good morning gents.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »


Morning guys.

I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].

The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.

I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”