THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Post work tithe [&o]

And bugger me it was cold last night.  Especially at 0330 when they wanted an aircraft de-icing.  I lost the feeling in my hands despite wearing gloves and holding onto the pipework carrying the heated de-icing fluid [:(]

Hope you still have your fingers Martin [X(].
Take care
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

UNP ;
still doesn't enlight my day.
Think i will stay angry for a while [:@]
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: gladiatt


Morning guys.

I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].

The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.

I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]

Darn Eric... [:(]

It is same everywhere... you play they every month for years and years and when you need some in return they always fond some "fine print" and find a way not top pay you your rightful money...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: gladiatt


Morning guys.

I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].

The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.

I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]

Darn Eric... [:(]

It is same everywhere... you play they every month for years and years and when you need some in return they always fond some "fine print" and find a way not top pay you your rightful money...


Leo "Apollo11"

Leo, that is years that i have a feeling that our world is now under dictatorship of people making money on our back.
The laws in many country make it obligatory to sign a contract especially to be robbed.
You just have the choice to choose who would stole you [:@]
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

Well Eric all I can say is try to keep your head up man. I hope your string of bad luck finally comes to an end in the coming year.
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]


Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.

This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.

Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!

Regards,

- Erik

Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?

Does this kind of game interests you?


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

As I told Joel Billings when I had to leave alpha testing, "I'll definitely be buying this as soon as it comes out".
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DuckofTindalos »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

Apparently there is now an American version of Top Gear. Why cant we just leave other peoples' stuff alone? Its not like it will be anywhere near as good. [8|]

It seems to work the other way also. I watched a couple of episodes of Law and Order UK. It just isn't as good as Sam Waterson, Jerry Orbach and company were.

Shows like Lawn and Order only work in places that have the Bronx and east LA and such. I just dont see it in a country where crminals doff their hats and beg your pardon before breaking and entering. [:D]

[:D]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Aces8

Well Eric all I can say is try to keep your head up man. I hope your string of bad luck finally comes to an end in the coming year.

Hey Jo,
that's not terrible. Troubles about money are, for sure, annoying, but the most important is the health and moral of
my beloved wife [:)].
That's just that there are things that i have hard time to admit.

For 2011, i still hesitate between a large victory in a CV vs CV battle in my PBEM, or winning a Lotery with enough money to live without working, me and my wife (and it will give me a lot of time to play Witp, WitE, and to write books [;)] )

User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?

Does this kind of game interests you?


Leo "Apollo11"

Well, yes it could be interesting. I would like to test it first to see if it really feets me.
But where to find the time ?????? [:D]
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Morning tithe.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]


Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.

This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.

Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!

Regards,

- Erik

Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?

Does this kind of game interests you?


Leo "Apollo11"
Hi Leo,

Since you asked so nicely, I'll give you a straight answer.

No, I will probably not be getting this game. Although some aspects of the Eastern Front are interesting from a military history perspective, the prospect of moving massive numbers of Russian or German chits on a virtual Eastern Front seems 'dry' for my gaming tastes. No offense to those of you that put so much time and effort into it-I'm sure it's a fine game-but it's just not my cup of coffee.
Image
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

Early Morning tithe, thanks for the nice words about our Cat Guys, and have a good-day you all. [:)]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Early Morning tithe, thanks for the nice words about our Cat Guys, and have a good-day you all. [:)]

i think this forum already shown on several case ( mine being not the only example) that , for most of us, we are REALLY a community, a brotherhood.

Hang on for Mr Cat.
User avatar
DOCUP
Posts: 3134
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:38 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DOCUP »

morning all

doc
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Early Morning tithe, thanks for the nice words about our Cat Guys, and have a good-day you all. [:)]

Des, I have small budgerigar. This current one is #8 (in 35 years). Unfortunately the live shorter than we and with all the love they give us and we give to them I think that there are just two ways of dealing with such loss:

Either never have any pet or immediately get new young one!

I always opted for the second choice (my current bird is now 2 years old)... [:)]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]


Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!



Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?

Does this kind of game interests you?

Hi Leo,

Since you asked so nicely, I'll give you a straight answer.

No, I will probably not be getting this game. Although some aspects of the Eastern Front are interesting from a military history perspective, the prospect of moving massive numbers of Russian or German chits on a virtual Eastern Front seems 'dry' for my gaming tastes. No offense to those of you that put so much time and effort into it-I'm sure it's a fine game-but it's just not my cup of coffee.

RGR that...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Early Morning tithe, thanks for the nice words about our Cat Guys, and have a good-day you all. [:)]

Des, I have small budgerigar. This current one is #8 (in 35 years). Unfortunately the live shorter than we and with all the love they give us and we give to them I think that there are just two ways of dealing with such loss:

Either never have any pet or immediately get new young one!

I always opted for the second choice (my current bird is now 2 years old)... [:)]


Leo "Apollo11"

I took the first option [:o] [:(]
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

We still have a 8 month old Doggy, and a 3 year old Cat, so we are still surrounded by pets you could say. I was just hard putting-down an old friend, especially after 15 years. Problem is that I'm an old-line-officer type, and don't show much emotion in real-life. But it helped to tell you Guy's about it, and then the Scotch and soda really helped tonight. [;)]
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: DivePac88

We still have a 8 month old Doggy, and a 3 year old Cat, so we are still surrounded by pets you could say. I was just hard putting-down an old friend, especially after 15 years. Problem is that I'm an old-line-officer type, and don't show much emotion in real-life. But it helped to tell you Guy's about it, and then the Scotch and soda really helped tonight. [;)]

RGR!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”