THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Time to go home after work tithe...
Leo "Apollo11"
Time to go home after work tithe...
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]
Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.
This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.
Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!
Regards,
- Erik
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
Leo "Apollo11"
I'm sure I'll get it, Leo, as it will likely be another "landmark" computer wargame. I don't have as much interest as in the Pacific, but I'll enjoy it. My only question will be when to play it. [:D]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good morning - Tithe. [&o][&o][&o]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Well, given that the (board) games below are the ones I've played the most (in spent hours & seen over a long time perspective), you can guess what the answer to your question might be [:D]ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
Leo "Apollo11"
Edited: ... and I agree with Mike; THE question will be when to play it. [;)]

- Attachments
-
- fitese.jpg (21.21 KiB) Viewed 217 times
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
Leo "Apollo11"
I'll probably not be getting it, whilst I am interested I don't think my interest would extend to paying for another mega-game.
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
RE: THE THREAD!!!
I'll probably get it eventually, but play against the AI.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
we are REALLY a community, a brotherhood.
I'm not.
"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.
-
bradfordkay
- Posts: 8686
- Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:39 am
- Location: Olympia, WA
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
Morning guys.
I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].
The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.
I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]
Insurance is a legal scam. What is more ridiculous, in the US it is a legally required scam.
Of course, if you don't have it at all, you are in even worse shape should something happen...
fair winds,
Brad
Brad
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]
Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.
This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.
Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!
Regards,
- Erik
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
Leo "Apollo11"
I plan on buying the game on release I'm very excited [8D]
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Yah. I hope they release it today, as Erik posted.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- Onime No Kyo
- Posts: 16846
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]
Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
Hi everyone,
We are aiming for a release Tuesday afternoon US Eastern time, with Wednesday and Thursday as backup dates in case we need more time for the final store setup and QA. This is our first release with a printed manual through the new store, so we're doing extra QA just to be sure everything is fine and that means Wednesday is probably the best bet, though Tuesday is possible. Also still testing the final gold master, it is final now but we're looking to see if there's anything that we can get a head start on for the first update.
This weekend, as part of the QA I played the full campaign on the Gold Master in between other projects - got to October, 1941 without spotting a single issue and had a fantastic time. I went for Leningrad this time, diverting an extra Panzer Group up north and keeping 2nd focused on Moscow and 1st on Kharkov and Dnepropetrovsk. Last time I focused three Panzer Groups on Moscow and still fell just short (though that was on "Challenging" whereas I am now playing on "Normal"), costing myself significant progress in the north and south as well. This time, I have Leningrad cut off except for supply across the lake and it looks like I will have just enough time to drive further north before the blizzard hits and hopefully link up with the Finns. It's going to be close though and if I don't manage it I'm going to take a beating when the blizzard hits.
Starting to solidify lines elsewhere to prepare for General Winter, I won't be able to take Moscow but I took Rzhev, Tula, Kursk, Kharkov, Dnepropetrovsk and am fighting near Voronezh and Stalino. Might have a chance at those if I don't get too much mud and an early blizzard (playing with random weather for extra suspense). We'll see how much of that I still own come March!
Regards,
- Erik
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
Leo "Apollo11"
I'm concerned that it, like most games of its kind, would not capture the things that really make that part of the war fascinating for me. To put it frankly, that war was not about who had the better tanks although that aspect certainly played a role.
Is there a demo version I can try?
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
He wasn't saying that we were all individuals, Simon. [:'(]ORIGINAL: sprior
we are REALLY a community, a brotherhood.
I'm not.

RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
I'm concerned that it, like most games of its kind, would not capture the things that really make that part of the war fascinating for me. To put it frankly, that war was not about who had the better tanks although that aspect certainly played a role.
Is there a demo version I can try?
Maybe just hack the security and then complain that it doesn't match up to your expectations...
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Still catching up with yesterday, so:
Take that Australia! [:'(]
Take that Australia! [:'(]
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
At my gym yesterday, I unfortunately had to share the locker room with 5 boys of 13 to 14 years of age. Good Thread, the stupid things they said![X(]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: gladiatt
Morning guys.
I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].
The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.
I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]
Damn [:(] Some people are just parasites really [:@] You could be sure that if you'd not fully paid they'd have been right on it as well. Is there anything you can do, apart from kicking down their doors? Over here we have a service where you can get free advice on things like this (if the local offices are still open that is).
[center]
Bigger boys stole my sig

Bigger boys stole my sig
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
No demo (just as there was no demo to UV / WitP / WitP-AE)...
As for captivation I am 100% sure the WitE is very captivating and that playability is immense... there are simply so many different things to try for both sides...
And there are tons of variables that determine outcome (including very important "Lady Luck" [:D]) that tanks as just one weapon system are not that important in grand scheme of things...
Leo "Apollo11"
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
WitE will be, hopefully, out on Tuesday! [:)]
Thsi is what Erik posted on WitE public forum!
Will you guys be getting and playing the WitE?
Does this kind of game interests you?
I'm concerned that it, like most games of its kind, would not capture the things that really make that part of the war fascinating for me. To put it frankly, that war was not about who had the better tanks although that aspect certainly played a role.
Is there a demo version I can try?
No demo (just as there was no demo to UV / WitP / WitP-AE)...
As for captivation I am 100% sure the WitE is very captivating and that playability is immense... there are simply so many different things to try for both sides...
And there are tons of variables that determine outcome (including very important "Lady Luck" [:D]) that tanks as just one weapon system are not that important in grand scheme of things...
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Terminus
At my gym yesterday, I unfortunately had to share the locker room with 5 boys of 13 to 14 years of age. Good Thread, the stupid things they said![X(]
You should spend a few minutes in my son's hockey team locker room, and they are only 11 and 12! [:D]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Well, doesn't look like WitE is landing tonight, so I think I'll turn in...[>:][>:][>:][>:]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Hi all,
Don't give up prematurely... [:D]
BTW, there is about 70+ people on WitE public forum... [:)]
Leo "Apollo11"
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Well, doesn't look like WitE is landing tonight, so I think I'll turn in...[>:][>:][>:][>:]
Don't give up prematurely... [:D]
BTW, there is about 70+ people on WitE public forum... [:)]
Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!
A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE






.


