THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

ORIGINAL: sprior

Slightly drunk watching Blade Runner with daughter unit.

interesting choice for a drinking movie. [:D]. I plan on watching "The Pacific" tonight whilst in an inebriated state. (I find it cuts down on incidents of 'historian-itus')

Inflammation of the historian? [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

Wow. 2 UNPs in a row. Thats about the only good thing that happened today.
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


Guh. I hear ya. It was liking trying to dance on tribbles at work.
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


WitE is interesting but I know I wouldn't have the time to play it.

Heck, I'm still trying to get USS to play me in 3rd Reich. [:'(]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


WitE is interesting but I know I wouldn't have the time to play it.

Heck, I'm still trying to get USS to play me in 3rd Reich. [:'(]

Oh yeah, that's right. [:D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
USSAmerica
Posts: 19211
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
Location: Graham, NC, USA
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by USSAmerica »

Well, you have a 2x2 turn to keep you out of trouble tonight.....very slowly uploading from the hockey rink.  [8|]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Image
Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
User avatar
DivePac88
Posts: 3119
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:50 pm
Location: Somewhere in the South Pacific.

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by DivePac88 »

Morning Tithe, beautiful hot day here, but no turn in in-box, feel withdrawal coming on.

Looks like WitE is a great game, will watch it with interest,but I am a Pacific nut. Image
Image
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Morning Tithe, beautiful hot day here, but no turn in in-box, feel withdrawal coming on.

Looks like WitE is a great game, will watch it with interest,but I am a Pacific nut. Image

I thought you were a Pacific flightless bird/dinosaur. [:'(]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

Good morning gents.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


WitE is interesting but I know I wouldn't have the time to play it.

Heck, I'm still trying to get USS to play me in 3rd Reich. [:'(]
3rd Reich ... now that's a wonderful game. Ah, memories ... [:)]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
Dixie
Posts: 10304
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Location: UK

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Dixie »

Tired tithe [>:]  Had a busy night, apart from aircraft work there were discussions on culture.  Namely, which was the best fil from their respective series?

Star Wars
Rocky
Jaws
The Godfather
Beverley Hills Cop
Predator
Aliens
Terminator
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones

The conclusion was, that youngsters today are strange creatures.  One of them hadn't seen any of the Star Wars, Jaws, Godfather, Terminator, Aliens, Beverley Hills Cop or Lord of the Rings films and he's only seen Rocky III [X(][X(][X(]
[center]Image

Bigger boys stole my sig
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Tired tithe [>:]  Had a busy night, apart from aircraft work there were discussions on culture.  Namely, which was the best fil from their respective series?

Star Wars
Rocky
Jaws
The Godfather
Beverley Hills Cop
Predator
Aliens
Terminator
Lord of the Rings
Indiana Jones

The conclusion was, that youngsters today are strange creatures.  One of them hadn't seen any of the Star Wars, Jaws, Godfather, Terminator, Aliens, Beverley Hills Cop or Lord of the Rings films and he's only seen Rocky III [X(][X(][X(]

I work with alot of younger guys as well and alot of the movies you name most of them have never seen except for Star Wars.
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

I got War in the East tonight now to figure out how to play this monster [8D]
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »


Morning guys.

"It was thirty years ago tonight,
sergeant Lennon was said goodby
He enlighten my heart
And raised the level of art"


In memory...

Although he is not my prefered Beatles, i think he is still among the most important artist of the century.
User avatar
gladiatt
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:19 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by gladiatt »

ORIGINAL: Dixie

ORIGINAL: gladiatt


Morning guys.

I am in absolute anger [:@][:@].

The damn f.....g warranty (mutuelle in french, sorry i don't have the perfect translation here) of my wife refuse to take in
account a psychological affection , in order to cover her loss of salary:
after 3 months of being sick, a french fonctionnary dive from full salary to half salary, it's the law.
Private warranty are supposed to help you: you pay money each month, and when you have a medical bill, they compensate a part of the difference.
Now, the damned bastards with wich my wife had made contracts refuse to cover the loss of salary BECAUSE it's psychological, despite the fact that the LAW ITSELF say that a few disease , among them PSYCHOLOGICAL disease, should be taken into account to compensate sallary.

I HATE THIS DAMN SYSTEM where you pay for nothing back [:@][:@].
I think these guys should be glad that there is 250 miles between them and me, because if in the same town, i would have bring my 240 lb to cope with them [:@]

Damn [:(] Some people are just parasites really [:@] You could be sure that if you'd not fully paid they'd have been right on it as well. Is there anything you can do, apart from kicking down their doors? Over here we have a service where you can get free advice on things like this (if the local offices are still open that is).

Hi Martin.
The one that get me to let down is not born !!
I have still many trick to play....
But thanks for asking [:)]
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Good morning!


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Aces8

I got War in the East tonight now to figure out how to play this monster [8D]

Good!

Surprisingly almost no whining about price...

BTW, there were several thousands of "Guests" waiting for the WitE on forum... incredible...


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Apollo11
Posts: 25453
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

No demo (just as there was no demo to UV / WitP / WitP-AE)...

As for captivation I am 100% sure the WitE is very captivating and that playability is immense... there are simply so many different things to try for both sides...

And there are tons of variables that determine outcome (including very important "Lady Luck" [:D]) that tanks as just one weapon system are not that important in grand scheme of things...

I'd love to try it but I'm really afraid of an OAOW clone. [:(]

The WitE is nothing like TOAW (I have TOAW-CoW = "Toe Operational Art of War - Century of Warfare" for years)! [:)]


Leo "Apollo11"
Image

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
User avatar
Grollub
Posts: 6676
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:46 am
Location: Lulea, Sweden

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Grollub »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
ORIGINAL: Apollo11

No demo (just as there was no demo to UV / WitP / WitP-AE)...

As for captivation I am 100% sure the WitE is very captivating and that playability is immense... there are simply so many different things to try for both sides...

And there are tons of variables that determine outcome (including very important "Lady Luck" [:D]) that tanks as just one weapon system are not that important in grand scheme of things...

I'd love to try it but I'm really afraid of an OAOW clone. [:(]

The WitE is nothing like TOAW (I have TOAW-CoW = "Toe Operational Art of War - Century of Warfare" for years)! [:)]

Leo "Apollo11"
Same here. We also use that game to wargame (double-sided) during some of our courses.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
User avatar
comte
Posts: 2394
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
Location: Be'eri, Hadarom, Israel

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Aces8

I got War in the East tonight now to figure out how to play this monster [8D]

Good!

Surprisingly almost no whining about price...

BTW, there were several thousands of "Guests" waiting for the WitE on forum... incredible...


Leo "Apollo11"

Well it is pricey but I know that I will get years of enjoyment out of it so its well worth the price. I figure with WITP:AE and Toe Warfare III along with WITE I have many years of gaming ahead of me. I did save a little I got the download version only this time because I use the e-manual's now more then the paper ones and I can burn my own DVD copy.
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”