THE THREAD!!!
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: THE THREAD!!!
According to the newsies, it seems so.
The newspapers are putting up warlike headlines. This is the first suicide bomber ever in Sweden.
The newspapers are putting up warlike headlines. This is the first suicide bomber ever in Sweden.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RE: THE THREAD!!!
... and good night gents [>:][>:][>:]
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
So angels are aliens because of a passage in the bible that says that angels mated with humans and produced a race of "giants" that went really giants but half-humans with superpowers and we know this because no fossils of giants have ever been found. [X(]
[X(]
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: scott1964
Watching The Hound of the Baskervilles with Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes. [&o][:)]
Watched that just a week ago with my dad.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: USS America
Well, I made it through Ocean's Eleven and Twelve, but it's too late for Thirteen tonight. Thread, Catherine Zeta-Jones is a beautiful woman! [&o]
I noticed that too.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Apollo11
Hi all,
ORIGINAL: Aces8
Its a very cold -11 Degrees Centigrade here right now [:(]
Yesterday morning we had +15 degrees Centigrade and sunny day with blue skies - it was like that until noon - then the temperature dropped to 0 degrees Centigrade and ice rain began to be replaced by blizzard...
This morning it was -7 degrees Centigrade...
Old(er) people have problems with such drastic temperature changes in less than 24 hours (more than 20 degrees centigrade)...
Leo "Apollo11"
I know that I sure do.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo
Morning tithe. Another early day in a very trying week. Thread I hope next week is easier. [>:]
I know the feeling. This last week or so has beat me up, pushed me in the guter, and pissed on my head.
Not that I am complaining........
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: radar
I'm okay with English food...most of it; not okay with cheese in can.
When your are 6 or 7 years old it is sort of fun.
Rather disgusting now. Even if drunk, not that I would know of course.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: BrucePowers
Lima beans are kind of nasty also.
Don't care much for collard greens or okra either.......................
Now as a good Southerner, I must admit that I like all three.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!


Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
RE: THE THREAD!!!


Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea
ORIGINAL: sprior
At least now , our Food Tradition entered Unesco Immaterial Patrimoine.
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
But has a Frenchman ever experienced a box of Velveeta and a bottle of Ripple. That is an American experience that can never be forgotten.
Or Boones Farm Strawberry Hill.
Don't ask.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk
ORIGINAL: ChickenOfTheSea
ORIGINAL: sprior
French food is very good and deserves protecting from bad copies. I once tried "Wisconson Brie". Don't.
But has a Frenchman ever experienced a box of Velveeta and a bottle of Ripple. That is an American experience that can never be forgotten.
Velveeta + jalapenos + chips = bastardized nachos (tasty). Don't know about the Ripple tho, still have long ago memories of MD20/20 and Boone's Farm. Not good memories mind you.
My memories along those lines are both quite hazy, and very favorable.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Chickenboy
Well, that sounds swell. We're expecting 11 inches (~27cm) of the white stuff today. Tomorrow's temperatures-with wind chill-will be about -30F (~-30C). Thank THREAD that internet (and electricity) working!ORIGINAL: Aces8
Good Morning guys [:)] I saw a flurry tonight its a nice balmy -2 degrees centigrade right now here in New England.
ETA: Snow forecast just upgraded to 18 inches snow, with 35 MPH winds. Blizzard warnings in effect. Somehow, I just KNOW that Bruce is going to chime in and explain to everyone what the temperature is in Florida today. [:D]
For us here in the South it is about to get cold. High Sunday in the low 30's, even a chance for snow. Nothing for you I know, but cold for here this early in December.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: thegreatwent
I am drooling over WitE but need an extra day each week to fit it in. "Russian skies go on forever" to quote Solzhenitsyn.
I bought it, downloaded it and fooled with it a bit. Looks nice if you like the Russian front.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Things have tapered off a bit since WitE came out. Given that it's the weekend, and there's some sort of American handball game going on, it's amazing there's anybody here at all.
In other news, tonight saw a failed suicide bombing in Stockholm, Sweden. Luckily, only the bomber died.
handball ...[:)]
I am not quite sure why I think so, but it seemed odd to me that such a bombing occured in Sweden.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
ORIGINAL: scott1964
My blog hit 2000 page views over the night. [X(] 81 today alone. [X(][:)]

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good morning gents.
“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"
RE: THE THREAD!!!
Good Morning Guys [:)]another cold one -3 degrees Centigrade but its supposed to warm up a bit and rain we dodged the snow for now [;)]





