THE THREAD!!!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

KEM-after a few years hiatus, my wife is planning on resuming English equitation / equestrian activities.  I know she enjoys the activity, but don't know enough about her preferences for-say-a saddle.  I'm going to get her a gift certificate to a nearby equestrian tack and clothing store so she can try on new breaches, boots and the like-kind of 'meeting her half way', if you will.

So, having said all this, what recreation does she enjoy that you can support in the form of a gift?

I've got a horse I'd love to sell. (My wife and daughter would beg to differ.) She (the horse) is actually trained very well. (Can't say that for the wife and daughter though. [8|]) Ancestor to Regal Circle and Alydar, if you're into horses.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

so far, i think gladiatt's suggestion is winning (not that this is a competition, mind you!)...a nice iPad case sounds great...probably need the auxillary gift or two now...the stocking stuffers, so to speak
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »


How about a framed print of Mike Solli's Japanese production chart? [:'(]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Equestrian is latin for money pit.

Yup, you feed $100 bills in the front end and shovel away what comes out the back end.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I beg to differ, anarchy. My purchases of exciting underthings for my girlfriend (now wife) were quite 'successful'. [;)]

PS. Sorry about those men of moo last night...[:(]

Heh, when I get something of that order for my wife, I tell her I bought it because I thought it would lood good on the bedroom floor. [:D]

Yeah, I know, TMI.

You can use that line w/ dresses as well.

Gotta remember that one. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: anarchyintheuk

Equestrian is latin for money pit.

Yup, you feed $100 bills in the front end and shovel away what comes out the back end.

Now if we could just find a horse that poops platinum........
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Mynok


How about a framed print of Mike Solli's Japanese production chart? [:'(]

For the right price I could probably get the schmo to sign it as well. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Mynok


How about a framed print of Mike Solli's Japanese production chart? [:'(]

For the right price I could probably get the schmo to sign it as well. [:D]

Sounds like a brownie point bonanza in the making for Kwik E........ [:D]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

thread brothers, i need help...what to get the wife unit that has everything? (well, almost everything)...i'm close to punting and going the jewelry route, but that has been so "done" in my house...

edit - oh, yeah...this is a double whammy...xmas present then her birthday is Jan 1st...


A suitcase for computer, or for I-Pad, well, for something she has, but in leather. Spanish style ( Sevilian ).

Or, if you lokk for something new, a precious stone. Not as Jewel, but as ornemental (Geode or something like that)

????

gladiatt, you are a genius! fancy iPad case is perfect! [&o]

No, he's just French, they get that genetically or with mothers milk. Much like Latins get the ability to dance. [:D]

Jokes aside, good job mon ami. [&o]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I beg to differ, anarchy. My purchases of exciting underthings for my girlfriend (now wife) were quite 'successful'. [;)]

PS. Sorry about those men of moo last night...[:(]

Heh, when I get something of that order for my wife, I tell her I bought it because I thought it would lood good on the bedroom floor. [:D]

Yeah, I know, TMI.

If I remember correctly, youre also the guy that told his wife that she was Italian by injection. So this seems about right for the pattern. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

KEM-after a few years hiatus, my wife is planning on resuming English equitation / equestrian activities.  I know she enjoys the activity, but don't know enough about her preferences for-say-a saddle.  I'm going to get her a gift certificate to a nearby equestrian tack and clothing store so she can try on new breaches, boots and the like-kind of 'meeting her half way', if you will.

So, having said all this, what recreation does she enjoy that you can support in the form of a gift?

chickenboy, my wife has been threatening for years to get back into the equestrian activities...she spent almost a year at a very nice stable in france (chambord?) when she got done with college and has had the itch ever since...i'm afraid other than offering to polish her saddle and boots (neither of which she currently has) i would be useless trying to find the right gift in that arena...
I can take or leave equestrian activities myself. Ordinarily I don't consort with beady-eyed dinosaurs just waiting for an excuse to bolt and stave in your skull on an overhanging branch. However, it makes Mrs. Chickenboy happy, so there you go.

In the spirit of this, I took riding lessons for over a year in order to get decent enough at riding to enjoy my wife's gift with her. When my wife finished her residency, we went on an all-included riding vacation to Ireland for a week. Stayed in an old castle, riding almost daily, Smithwicks and Guiness on tap, hedgehogs, horses, wild goats in the Slieve Bloom mountains, the whole nine yards.

How'd something like that go over? Equestrian International has a number of packages like this. Check 'em out to get a truly over the top idea. You'll have to train up too-so you're giving of yourself.

Oh, right. That. Yes-you'll need about $6-8 large too.
Image
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart




my wife has almost every gadget known to man (watch it, sprior! [:-])...we call her "gadget girl"...she has an iPad, and loves her's as well...keep 'em coming boys...something is bound to stick...
KEM-what hobbies does your wife have (that you can tell us about [;)])? It may help to narrow down a bit.

let's see...gardening (the veggie kind), furniture restoration (and yes, she has every dremmel attachment known to man), diving (underwater camera?...hmmmm)
KEM-do you dive? If so, what about a diving vacation? If not, do you at least snorkel or want to learn how to dive? If so-diving / snorkel vacation!
Image
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I beg to differ, anarchy. My purchases of exciting underthings for my girlfriend (now wife) were quite 'successful'. [;)]

PS. Sorry about those men of moo last night...[:(]

Heh, when I get something of that order for my wife, I tell her I bought it because I thought it would lood good on the bedroom floor. [:D]

Yeah, I know, TMI.

If I remember correctly, youre also the guy that told his wife that she was Italian by injection. So this seems about right for the pattern. [:D]

Man, you have a good memory. If my wife ever sees this, I'm dead meat. [:D]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli




Heh, when I get something of that order for my wife, I tell her I bought it because I thought it would lood good on the bedroom floor. [:D]

Yeah, I know, TMI.

If I remember correctly, youre also the guy that told his wife that she was Italian by injection. So this seems about right for the pattern. [:D]

Man, you have a good memory. If my wife ever sees this, I'm dead meat. [:D]
Hi Mike,

I think I've just found what your fellow THREADsters are getting your wife for Christmas! Can I have her email address for just a sec? [:D]
Image
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16760
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mike Solli »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo




If I remember correctly, youre also the guy that told his wife that she was Italian by injection. So this seems about right for the pattern. [:D]

Man, you have a good memory. If my wife ever sees this, I'm dead meat. [:D]
Hi Mike,

I think I've just found what your fellow THREADsters are getting your wife for Christmas! Can I have her email address for just a sec? [:D]

Very funny. [:D] Actually, I was so devious with my "name" that, unless I tell you, you'll never figure out where I live. [:D]

Edit: As usual, it takes several readings to figure out what people write. Fortunately, my email is more devious and I can't remember hers so I'm safe, for now.
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
Onime No Kyo
Posts: 16846
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:55 am

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Onime No Kyo »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo




If I remember correctly, youre also the guy that told his wife that she was Italian by injection. So this seems about right for the pattern. [:D]

Man, you have a good memory. If my wife ever sees this, I'm dead meat. [:D]
Hi Mike,

I think I've just found what your fellow THREADsters are getting your wife for Christmas! Can I have her email address for just a sec? [:D]

The Collected Works of M. Solli. [:D]
"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

Ordinarily I don't consort with beady-eyed dinosaurs just waiting for an excuse to bolt and stave in your skull on an overhanging branch.

Duh! You're supposed to ride horses not komodo dragons!
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy



KEM-what hobbies does your wife have (that you can tell us about [;)])? It may help to narrow down a bit.

let's see...gardening (the veggie kind), furniture restoration (and yes, she has every dremmel attachment known to man), diving (underwater camera?...hmmmm)
KEM-do you dive? If so, what about a diving vacation? If not, do you at least snorkel or want to learn how to dive? If so-diving / snorkel vacation!

i don't dive...as a matter of fact, i'm philosophically opposed to humans wearing special breathing apparatus and going under water where they are near the bottom of the food chain...i've done the snorkel thing while she dives thing...it works, but we just don't get the quality-time-bonding-experience of pointing at a shark at the same time and making hand signals about what to do in that particular situation...not my cup of tea...and yes, i see the irony of not being particularly fond of water sports, but spending 1000's of hours of my life in a steel box in the air...she did win a trip to aruba in april for her sales job, so i'm sure we will do the dive/snorkel thing at some point that week...it's the least i can do when i want to go hit the links for a few of those days [;)] but she's a good sport and will probably join me there as well...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
User avatar
Mynok
Posts: 12108
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:12 am
Contact:

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Mynok »

making hand signals about what to do in that particular situation

Let me guess....she's pointing up towards the surface while you're shaking turds out of your swimsuit? [:'(]
"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown
User avatar
Kwik E Mart
Posts: 2447
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:42 pm

RE: THE THREAD!!!

Post by Kwik E Mart »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

KEM-after a few years hiatus, my wife is planning on resuming English equitation / equestrian activities.  I know she enjoys the activity, but don't know enough about her preferences for-say-a saddle.  I'm going to get her a gift certificate to a nearby equestrian tack and clothing store so she can try on new breaches, boots and the like-kind of 'meeting her half way', if you will.

So, having said all this, what recreation does she enjoy that you can support in the form of a gift?

chickenboy, my wife has been threatening for years to get back into the equestrian activities...she spent almost a year at a very nice stable in france (chambord?) when she got done with college and has had the itch ever since...i'm afraid other than offering to polish her saddle and boots (neither of which she currently has) i would be useless trying to find the right gift in that arena...
I can take or leave equestrian activities myself. Ordinarily I don't consort with beady-eyed dinosaurs just waiting for an excuse to bolt and stave in your skull on an overhanging branch. However, it makes Mrs. Chickenboy happy, so there you go.

In the spirit of this, I took riding lessons for over a year in order to get decent enough at riding to enjoy my wife's gift with her. When my wife finished her residency, we went on an all-included riding vacation to Ireland for a week. Stayed in an old castle, riding almost daily, Smithwicks and Guiness on tap, hedgehogs, horses, wild goats in the Slieve Bloom mountains, the whole nine yards.

How'd something like that go over? Equestrian International has a number of packages like this. Check 'em out to get a truly over the top idea. You'll have to train up too-so you're giving of yourself.

Oh, right. That. Yes-you'll need about $6-8 large too.

did the same trip in Ireland, sans horses...loved it...i think i'll save the horse version for a special anniversary...oh, crap...it's 10 years this april! [:(] better get the travel agent lined up...
Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Image
Post Reply

Return to “The War Room”