Christmas Poll

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

Christmas Poll

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Who managed the most turns on Christmas Day and thus wins the Rubber Chicken Award for most obssesed AE player?

My score--0 turns.

Sad.
The Moose
User avatar
DuckofTindalos
Posts: 39781
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
Location: Denmark

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by DuckofTindalos »

Zero. Anybody who has more than 2 turns needs a girlfriend. BADLY.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
User avatar
Bullwinkle58
Posts: 11297
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 pm

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Zero. Anybody who has more than 2 turns needs a girlfriend. BADLY.

Or a very bad girlfriend. (Ba da bop! Thank you! I'm here through Thursday!)

Mine is currently assembling the brand new, SOTA leather office chair Santa brought me to replace the 18-YO cloth-covered dinosaur with the mold growing on the underside I've been using.

She's far better with tools than I will ever be. I'm making dinner.
The Moose
User avatar
khyberbill
Posts: 1941
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:29 pm
Location: new milford, ct

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by khyberbill »

I have two done so far and I might make it to three if my PBEM partner(s) send a turn in the next 8 hours. My wife says I cant afford a gf. This is the first Christmas since 1972 that I have no family visiting me or I am not visiting them. Nice and quiet. She who must be obeyed has been on the phone to her family all day (Belgium and Philippines) and has not issued any orders-yet. I have been reading the WITE forum to determine if I want to buy that game. I always enjoyed Eastern Front and WIR. Merry Christmas everyone.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
User avatar
Nomad
Posts: 7273
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2001 8:00 am
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Nomad »

I've only done three turns so far today, my opponents need to speed it up. [:D]
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16728
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Mike Solli »

Only one turn here. [8|] Waiting for my opponent to get off his butt. [:'(]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
castor troy
Posts: 14331
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:17 am
Location: Austria

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Who managed the most turns on Christmas Day and thus wins the Rubber Chicken Award for most obssesed AE player?

My score--0 turns.

Sad.


guess Rainer79 and me managed five or six today. xmas here is on the 24th, we only did two or three yesterday [:D]
Smeulders
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:13 pm

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Smeulders »

One turn so far with one hour to go on Christmas.
The AE-Wiki, help fill it out
User avatar
Dereck
Posts: 3328
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:43 pm
Location: Romulus, MI

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Dereck »

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

I have two done so far and I might make it to three if my PBEM partner(s) send a turn in the next 8 hours. My wife says I cant afford a gf. This is the first Christmas since 1972 that I have no family visiting me or I am not visiting them. Nice and quiet. She who must be obeyed has been on the phone to her family all day (Belgium and Philippines) and has not issued any orders-yet. I have been reading the WITE forum to determine if I want to buy that game. I always enjoyed Eastern Front and WIR. Merry Christmas everyone.

WITE is a decent game - definitely have to have a different mindset with it being land-oriented instead of the land/air/sea orientation of WITP. Still trying to get used to it (and trying to get over the feeling of guilt for not playing WITP ... I feel like I'm cheating on WITP with another game).
PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)
User avatar
JohnDillworth
Posts: 3104
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:22 pm

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by JohnDillworth »

Well, I got 4 done playing Downfall against the AI. But I also got in a 6 mile walk, and took the whole family to a movie. All our traveling was done on Christmas Eve so it's just me and the wife and kids home for today so it's kind of OK.
Today I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat, do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. - Yasser Arafat Speech to UN General Assembly
User avatar
wdolson
Posts: 7690
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:56 pm
Location: Near Portland, OR

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by wdolson »

None for me.  I'm taking a short break between house cleaning, making food, and doing the presents thing.  Boxing Day looks better for me as far as time to play.

Bill
WIS Development Team
Alpha77
Posts: 2196
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 am

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Alpha77 »

Dito none [;)]
User avatar
witpqs
Posts: 26376
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:48 pm
Location: Argleton

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by witpqs »

None here.
User avatar
Chickenboy
Posts: 24648
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Chickenboy »

I'm putting myself down for two. Easily fit in around all the other festivities / chaos.

ETA: Make that three after watching the Cowboys implosion vs. the Cardinals.
Image
User avatar
Ossian
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:38 pm

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Ossian »

About 8 or 10 but I've hammered through the last two or three in an attempt to see some sort of resolution in the battle of Guam before I go and watch my new 'Pacific' Blue-Ray.
User avatar
Mike Solli
Posts: 16728
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2000 8:00 am
Location: the flight deck of the Zuikaku

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by Mike Solli »

Still stuck at one and waiting for my opponent to get off his butt. [8|]
Image
Created by the amazing Dixie
User avatar
oldman45
Posts: 2325
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 4:15 am
Location: Jacksonville Fl

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by oldman45 »

Did six against the AI, but then the g/f came over so that was it for today.
User avatar
PaxMondo
Posts: 11246
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:23 pm

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by PaxMondo »

I'm hoping for one ... but that will depend upon the kids getting to bed soon.  Else, I will.  [:D]
Pax
User avatar
CapAndGown
Posts: 3078
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2001 10:00 am
Location: Virginia, USA

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by CapAndGown »

What a loser I must be, I did a turn today!
User avatar
n01487477
Posts: 4764
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:00 am

RE: Christmas Poll

Post by n01487477 »

Xmas Day isn't the problem - the day after the night before is ...
Post Reply

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”