Hi - Longtime lurker
Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition
Hi - Longtime lurker
Hi,
I've been interested in getting this game for a long time.
The x-mas sale got me, I hope to be active now and I hope that the game gels sometime and I finally get it.
I have HttR, TOAW III, COTA, BftB, & WitP - AE.
I just purchased both WitP- AE & BftB today - Going to exert energy into WitP - AE 1st.
Thks,
Grubwurm
I've been interested in getting this game for a long time.
The x-mas sale got me, I hope to be active now and I hope that the game gels sometime and I finally get it.
I have HttR, TOAW III, COTA, BftB, & WitP - AE.
I just purchased both WitP- AE & BftB today - Going to exert energy into WitP - AE 1st.
Thks,
Grubwurm
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Welcome to the Nut-house Grubwurm, and you won't regret buying this game. But the other people in your life will regret you getting it, as they will see less of you now I suspect.
I suggest you start with one of the small scenarios like Guadalcanal.
Also this thread should answer most of your questions FAQ / Info for Newb's
I suggest you start with one of the small scenarios like Guadalcanal.
Also this thread should answer most of your questions FAQ / Info for Newb's

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Hi grubwurm. Welcome aboard. As my emu-enhanced colleague says, this game will take over your consciousness and your waking thoughts, particularly once you venture into PBEM. Good luck!
I wanted to put in a plug for these forums. If you're a serious gamer, this is a great environment to have your questions answered. Hunt around here a bit and many of your questions will be answered.
I wanted to put in a plug for these forums. If you're a serious gamer, this is a great environment to have your questions answered. Hunt around here a bit and many of your questions will be answered.

- DuckofTindalos
- Posts: 39781
- Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:53 pm
- Location: Denmark
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Welcome to the Dark Side. Your life as you know it is OVER.[;)]
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
- topeverest
- Posts: 3381
- Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:47 am
- Location: Houston, TX - USA
- Misconduct
- Posts: 1851
- Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:13 am
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Contact:
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
ORIGINAL: Terminus
Welcome to the Dark Side. Your life as you know it is OVER.[;)]
But the Dark Side has one advantage, we have cookies.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Also Balloons and pony rides.[:'(]
This is one Czech that doesn't bounce.
-
Buck Beach
- Posts: 1974
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2000 8:00 am
- Location: Upland,CA,USA
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Welcome. Wow, I should say your a long time lurker having joined the forums in 2000 and this is your first post.
I also must say you are one ambitious dude by the games you have purchased. Beware AE is a career to learn right and most of the games are very long and time consuming (even against the AI and 3 day turns). However, it is the grand daddy of all WW II strategy games and you may become addicted as many of us have. You also may find you don't have much time for the other games (or RL)
Good Luck
I also must say you are one ambitious dude by the games you have purchased. Beware AE is a career to learn right and most of the games are very long and time consuming (even against the AI and 3 day turns). However, it is the grand daddy of all WW II strategy games and you may become addicted as many of us have. You also may find you don't have much time for the other games (or RL)
Good Luck
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
And sometimes naked nuns [:'(][X(]ORIGINAL: Schanilec
Also Balloons and pony rides.[:'(]
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !!
http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
- Chickenboy
- Posts: 24648
- Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:30 pm
- Location: San Antonio, TX
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
No! Bad dog! Down! Down!ORIGINAL: scott1964
And sometimes naked nuns [:'(][X(]ORIGINAL: Schanilec
Also Balloons and pony rides.[:'(]


- USSAmerica
- Posts: 19211
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2002 4:32 am
- Location: Graham, NC, USA
- Contact:
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Welcome aboard, Grubwurm! [:)]
Mike
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett
"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
- Grfin Zeppelin
- Posts: 1514
- Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:22 pm
- Location: Germany
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Welcome, expect to waste half of your life here and being able to tell your grandchildren that you took Singapor one month earlier than the Japanese did historicaly. Or if you play the Allies.....well tell them you won ww2 alone.

RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Hi,
Let me clarify - i didn't buy all those games at once.
I was listing the ones I own - I just picked up WitP-AE & BftB yesterday.
The rest I 've had for awhile just never played PBEM.
I want to play WitP-AE PBEM.
Thks,
Grubwurm
Let me clarify - i didn't buy all those games at once.
I was listing the ones I own - I just picked up WitP-AE & BftB yesterday.
The rest I 've had for awhile just never played PBEM.
I want to play WitP-AE PBEM.
Thks,
Grubwurm
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
ORIGINAL: Buck Beach
Welcome. Wow, I should say your a long time lurker having joined the forums in 2000 and this is your first post.
I also must say you are one ambitious dude by the games you have purchased. Beware AE is a career to learn right and most of the games are very long and time consuming (even against the AI and 3 day turns). However, it is the grand daddy of all WW II strategy games and you may become addicted as many of us have. You also may find you don't have much time for the other games (or RL)
Good Luck
I concur with this Post. You must play the Allies because, if you had Japanese aggressiveness within you, you would have Posted 500 times on the day you joined the Forum in 2000. Watch out players, this gentlemen has patience and that marks him as dangerous Allied player! [:D]
Seriously though--WELCOME to the asylum.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
ORIGINAL: Grubwurm
Hi,
Let me clarify - i didn't buy all those games at once.
I was listing the ones I own - I just picked up WitP-AE & BftB yesterday.
The rest I 've had for awhile just never played PBEM.
I want to play WitP-AE PBEM.
Thks,
Grubwurm
Yes, you do.....I it much more satisfying and different from playing the AI. Plenty of players here of all skill levels. Read the rules but pay close attention to this forum. You will really learn the ins and outs here. And before you ask, historically the zero was not a better fighter than the wildcat......[:D]
Welcome
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.
Sigismund of Luxemburg
Sigismund of Luxemburg
-
shauny1987
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:45 am
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Girlfriends and wives rue the day WiTP was created.
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Here is one suggestion :
1. Tell all of your friends/family that you will not be seeing them for a while.
2. Sell/liquidate all assets.
3. Find very cheap one room efficiency apartment.
4. Go to Sams/Costco and buy mass quantites of food.
5. Play untill you run out of money and food.
6. Go back to friends/family and ask forgiveness. Get a job, save up money. And repeat when your asset base is high enough.
Just a thought.
1. Tell all of your friends/family that you will not be seeing them for a while.
2. Sell/liquidate all assets.
3. Find very cheap one room efficiency apartment.
4. Go to Sams/Costco and buy mass quantites of food.
5. Play untill you run out of money and food.
6. Go back to friends/family and ask forgiveness. Get a job, save up money. And repeat when your asset base is high enough.
Just a thought.
" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley


RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
Hi again,
Day 2 watched the vids and played several days of Guadalcanal (US).
About halfway thru the manual.
I will keep everyone posted on progress - and thanks for all the responses.
Grubwurm
Day 2 watched the vids and played several days of Guadalcanal (US).
About halfway thru the manual.
I will keep everyone posted on progress - and thanks for all the responses.
Grubwurm
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
welcome Grubwurm, Guadalcanal is a very good scenario for beginning, I play it also now[;)]. Good luck!
- Pascal_slith
- Posts: 1657
- Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:39 am
- Location: In Arizona now!
RE: Hi - Longtime lurker
As with the Pink Floyd song: Welcome to the Machine!
So much WitP and so little time to play.... 













